Cant solve input lag and FPS drops after 3 years.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
TTT

Re: Cant solve input lag and FPS drops after 3 years.

Post by TTT » 09 Jan 2020, 12:16

I've had the same problem, my pc is running fine but the games are sluggish online and its basically impossible to accurately aim against other players. But playing an offline game like BF3 campaign its snappy and fast.

Ping spikes and unstable ping and massive random bufferbloat.

I just tried a new SkyQ router and thought its maybe just bad router QOS but it also ping spikes when I just directly ping the router.

I just tried something else though... I turned off IPV6 in the router settings and my minimum and average ping has dropped instantly and seems more stable, also the bufferbloat tests are staying at 3-10ms during the test instead of flying up into the 100's.

Not tested it for too long yet so I'm not 100% its fixed but you might as well try it.

darKz_here

Post by darKz_here » 13 Jan 2020, 18:41

Try this method of tweaking on your GPU, if you didn't tried yet. Many people reported this tweaking fixed their "lags, sttuters and high input lags on mouse and on" when having 300fps+. And nah, you should be stupid to be thinking frame drops have anything to do with networking. Frame drops are caused from hardware issues which can include GPU, CPU, Motherboard and any other parts connected there. And not from "Internet issues". But I still think it's something that your motherboard might be causing this or any of the other parts.

1. Download this https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfil ... g/2.3.0.10 and extract it on your Desktop.
2. Run the nvidiaProfileInspector.exe file as an administrator.
3. Select "Counter-strike: Global Offensive" from the list.
4. In the section where it says 2 - Sync and Refresh, find the Frame Rate Limiter Mode and set it to _DELAY_FLIP_BY_FLIPMETERING
, If this mode doesn't show up on the list, just change it to _ALLOW_ALL_MAXWELL mode then Apply the changes and restart your computer.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 18 Jan 2020, 16:59

hes not complaining about frame drops being the cause of the problem he just thinks they might have something to do with it genius read the post

ko4

Post by ko4 » 20 Jan 2020, 04:47

another mkultra victim