windows color profile for lowest input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
empleat

windows color profile for lowest input lag

Post by empleat » 28 Feb 2020, 21:10

If you remove icc color profile, you can notice you get a lot of less input lag. However it is still unclear if some windows color profile isn't selected. As in advanced tab, you can't choose none, but you have to select something. I am not expert on windows color profile and i don't know how it affects input lag. I wasn't able to google anything. Is there any way to measure it, it may be difficult, if there is less difference than 1 ms, you can't even test that with 1k camera... I ask, because you could make custom profile with intent to lower input lag even further. Anyone have any idea how windows color profiles work ???

hleV

Re: windows color profile for lowest input lag

Post by hleV » 29 Feb 2020, 06:12

Pretty sure ICC profile input lag is a myth.
BenQ XL2546K @ 240Hz (DyAC+) • ROCCAT Kone Pro Air @ 1000Hz • HyperX Alloy Origins • CORSAIR MM350 PRO Premium • HyperX Cloud Revolver • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 @ 2130MHz/8000MHz • Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz • G.SKILL RipjawsV 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15

empleat

Post by empleat » 29 Feb 2020, 11:47

Nope i tested myself with input lag ab test and i can tell even 6 ms difference in input lag. There is major difference. I found about that by accident, because i turn everything off.

hleV

Post by hleV » 29 Feb 2020, 16:10

What are your Input Lag AB results?

At 16ms I got 21/25 without ICC and 20/25 with ICC, so I'd say input lag is identical. Maybe Windows is screwing with you.
BenQ XL2546K @ 240Hz (DyAC+) • ROCCAT Kone Pro Air @ 1000Hz • HyperX Alloy Origins • CORSAIR MM350 PRO Premium • HyperX Cloud Revolver • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 @ 2130MHz/8000MHz • Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz • G.SKILL RipjawsV 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz CL15

empleat

Post by empleat » 29 Feb 2020, 18:55

And what is that supposed to achieve ??? There will be always difference between side with 16 ms and side with no lag. Besides you can tell 16 ms very easily, even if you don't have optimized system. It is even on reddit and more people say same thing, maybe you are not sensitive enough. But there is clear difference, also between sRGB, scRGB and icc. I was sumpreme master class in cs go and i am extreme sensitive to input lag. I was not looking to answer like that, i already know it makes difference. Color profiles are made by icc, i didn't see anywhere any documentation, or how they work, besides doubt icc cares about input lag. I hoped maybe someone knows what cause it, so you can create your own profile for lowest input lag possible.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 01 Mar 2020, 00:45

empleat wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:55
And what is that supposed to achieve ??? There will be always difference between side with 16 ms and side with no lag. Besides you can tell 16 ms very easily, even if you don't have optimized system. It is even on reddit and more people say same thing, maybe you are not sensitive enough. But there is clear difference, also between sRGB, scRGB and icc. I was sumpreme master class in cs go and i am extreme sensitive to input lag. I was not looking to answer like that, i already know it makes difference. Color profiles are made by icc, i didn't see anywhere any documentation, or how they work, besides doubt icc cares about input lag. I hoped maybe someone knows what cause it, so you can create your own profile for lowest input lag possible.
I can't help you with your question... I'm just writing to let you know that I know your pain.

The most annyoing thing by far, on any forum is, when you ask a question...
and people, instead of trying to actually help you answer it, just tell you to stop asking it.

Like dude, sod the hell off.
Nobody cares about your little ego, and how you're trying to prove that "you know better", and the other party has just fallen victim to placebo...
You're not helping anyone.

[EDIT by Moderator to add note: Enough putting-downs. Please read this warning. Thank you for listening...]

Even if the person asking doesn't have proof to back up their point (which is usually the reason they're asking, duh),
you shouldn't tell them they're wrong and imagining it, unless you DO have proof that they are.

...This happened to me many times on other forums, which prompted me to make this reply.
But on the bright side, it's a really rare occasion over here! :) (The older guys over here focus on solving problems, instead of their ego.)
This is the best, most open-to-controversial-topics forum that I've ever been on!
I love it.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

empleat

Post by empleat » 01 Mar 2020, 01:02

What ego ??? I don't care about ego, rofl. I don't even know what you are talking about geez... If you don't know it is fine, but there is difference that's all i am saying... I am looking for more info how color profiles work, but i didn't google anything...

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 01 Mar 2020, 07:25

empleat wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 21:10
I ask, because you could make custom profile with intent to lower input lag even further. Anyone have any idea how windows color profiles work ???
cs: go has its own color profile and ignores color presets. If you run the game in full screen.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

A Solid lad

Post by A Solid lad » 01 Mar 2020, 10:59

empleat wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 01:02
What ego ??? I don't care about ego, rofl. I don't even know what you are talking about geez... If you don't know it is fine, but there is difference that's all i am saying... I am looking for more info how color profiles work, but i didn't google anything...
I was defending your position, dummy.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

hleV

Post by hleV » 01 Mar 2020, 11:24

1000WATT wrote:
01 Mar 2020, 07:25
cs: go has its own color profile and ignores color presets. If you run the game in full screen.
-nogammaramp launch param works around that.
empleat wrote:
29 Feb 2020, 18:55
I was sumpreme master class in cs go and i am extreme sensitive to input lag.
Not sure what input lag sensitivity has to do with your rank (for reference, I'm global in MM and lv10 on Faceit).

You didn't answer my question about your results in Input Lag AB. How are you testing it?