Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Everything about input lag. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Post Reply
relyxx
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Mar 2020, 02:24

Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by relyxx » 24 Mar 2020, 02:33

hello everybody hope all is going well. I have bee struggling with delay problems now for about a year because I figured it was just placebo however after gaming on my friends system I realized that there I no way its just a placebo because his worse pc felt so much smoother to game on. I am using the Alienware 240hz Gsync not freesync model with gsync disabled obviously for best performance. I am running a 9900k with an rtf 2080 on the z390 auros pro wifi. Power and thermals aren't a problem as Im cooling the cpu and gpu with an aio. I am running my operating system and games off of one 1TB Samsung 970 eve. Im using a Razer wireless mouse and wired keyboard. I can link a picture of my nvcp settings if need be. The games I am currently experiencing this in is counter strike global offensive. I have mouse accell of in game and raw input on in game as well as enhance point precision off. I am in dire need of assistance as playing games just isn't fun atm with all this bs going on. thanks to all who help and sorry I can't be to descriptive rn. If you need anymore info ask for it and ill be happy to oblige. Thanks again guys <3

davidoo
Posts: 23
Joined: 15 May 2018, 11:40

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by davidoo » 24 Mar 2020, 12:50

First of all, try to see if you drivers are faulty (giving you a high latency)
Download latencymon and do a test

second regard to csgo:
It's best to keep stuff at default. No launchoptions. Default nvidia. Default csgo config.
I used to own that alienware monitor, i'll recommend setting to display scaling (no scaling or aspect ratio). This felt the lowest latency to me!

Are you only experiencing high input lag in csgo btw? (then it should be a csgo problem)

nick4567
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 19:55

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by nick4567 » 24 Mar 2020, 14:45

relyxx wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 02:33
hello everybody hope all is going well. I have bee struggling with delay problems now for about a year because I figured it was just placebo however after gaming on my friends system I realized that there I no way its just a placebo because his worse pc felt so much smoother to game on.
did he bring his system to your home or did you play at his and how far does he live in relation to you

User avatar
nuggify
Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 16:57

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by nuggify » 24 Mar 2020, 15:05

Probably grounding issues in your current home, take your PC to his house and you will see that it is not your hardware.

relyxx
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Mar 2020, 02:24

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by relyxx » 24 Mar 2020, 20:53

nick4567 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 14:45

did he bring his system to your home or did you play at his and how far does he live in relation to you
I played at his house and he lives about a block away in my neighborhood.

alexander1986
Posts: 75
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 01:07

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by alexander1986 » 25 Mar 2020, 06:30

relyxx wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 20:53
nick4567 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 14:45

did he bring his system to your home or did you play at his and how far does he live in relation to you
I played at his house and he lives about a block away in my neighborhood.
do you have the possibility to test your pc at his place or his pc at your place?

could probably just bring your pc and mouse+keyboard and skip the monitor to make it easier, as its highly unlikely it is the monitor causing the issue,

there are more and more cases reported of bad power/electricity causing input delay for users, due to things like bad or no grounding as well as EMI/RFI, even after changing every single pc component, from what I understand its a growing problem due to more and more computers and devices in general being used everywhere, and if your home does not have "good power" and low levels of noise and interference its likely this is your problem anyway,

but to be 100% sure you can quickly and easily identify the issue by testing your pc at your friends place or other way around, it would be very interesting to know if you do this what the result is anyway, good luck !

skylit
Posts: 15
Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 10:09

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by skylit » 11 Apr 2020, 15:28

alexander1986 wrote:
25 Mar 2020, 06:30
relyxx wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 20:53
nick4567 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 14:45

did he bring his system to your home or did you play at his and how far does he live in relation to you
I played at his house and he lives about a block away in my neighborhood.
do you have the possibility to test your pc at his place or his pc at your place?

could probably just bring your pc and mouse+keyboard and skip the monitor to make it easier, as its highly unlikely it is the monitor causing the issue,

there are more and more cases reported of bad power/electricity causing input delay for users, due to things like bad or no grounding as well as EMI/RFI, even after changing every single pc component, from what I understand its a growing problem due to more and more computers and devices in general being used everywhere, and if your home does not have "good power" and low levels of noise and interference its likely this is your problem anyway,

but to be 100% sure you can quickly and easily identify the issue by testing your pc at your friends place or other way around, it would be very interesting to know if you do this what the result is anyway, good luck !
This is likely the issue. Dell monitors, specifically the 240hz Alienware Gsync also share this issue at my current residence after a lot of back and forth with different monitors. You can Semi solve/test it by buying a power conditioner, but it isn't a 100% fix.

Mr1991
Posts: 16
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 10:10

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by Mr1991 » 12 Apr 2020, 16:25

Did the problem start when u bought this new pc/upgraded, also when you say Razer wireless, do u mean the viper ultimate or something else

skylit
Posts: 15
Joined: 25 Sep 2019, 10:09

Re: Good PC with high input lag on 240hz

Post by skylit » 14 Apr 2020, 11:20

OP: This is kinda hard to recommend, but I have a THICK gauge, VERY SHORT DP cable from an LG monitor that significantly reduces the "lag" feel on the Alienware G-sync. Not All DP cables are created equal and most aftermarket cables feel identical to the supplied DELL, but this solution helps the monitor feel a lot more proper to what the monitor "should" feel like. I say should because I've actually moved my PC and stuff to my Dads place for a day and noticed a 100% night and day difference in terms of how the monitor/PC feels as a whole (And no, its not placebo. I took breaks and came back after playing sessions multiple times and was amazed at the difference.)

I live alone in a single bedroom apartment and its obvious I have EMI issues in my current place after testing a slew of monitors and the only product that I've been relying on for a scientific basis is my old VG248QE with its original dual link DVI cable. But I noticed something about it.. The Dual link cable has two MASSIVE ferrite chokes on it. Now for all I know DP could operate completely different and not require them, but there's something funky going on as this the specific Short THICK Gauge (14AWG) is night and day better and feels identical to how the dell cable feels in a household with proper electricity.

Thats assuming you don't want to go the powerconditioner/EMI/RFI plug route.

Post Reply