[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
victor910

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by victor910 » 11 Aug 2021, 17:36

Another step to understanding what it means is JITTER.

Jitter is a big pain for everyone.
for game developers,
for server/clients multiplayer games,
for voice engineers,
for digital audio quality., I mean real high-end devices, I2S protocol very affected by jitter, etc.
Try to read about this you will understand more deeply.

Yes, jitter is a problem, but fundamentally this does not fix your problem.

nuggify

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nuggify » 11 Aug 2021, 18:59

Mugabi wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 02:02
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 14:44
TN_fun wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 14:29
pox02 wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 12:20
Dude, it doesn't make sense to rotate the camera that fast. Absolutely nothing is clear and not visible.
Also, we have not seen the video Before, how did you have before the filter and what it changed.
I suspect just excited/happy that his game feels less laggy -- video is probably not intended to be a benchmark video. We've been there; "I've solved a problem and I am celebrating" type of thing.
I have read your three main recommendations regarding preventing electricity issues in a pc, im definitely planning to upgrade my psu which is 650w supernova gold rated (my pc is 5600x 3070gpu with 5 fans) so ill be targeting 800w platinum as well getting a high quality conditioner but my question here is, if you have a currently bad psu or bad electricity for months, would playing in such bad conditions damage your pc hardware and you would need to get brand new parts?
None of this will do anything. We tried it all.

BigDog7

Post by BigDog7 » 11 Aug 2021, 20:34

What do you guys think about this?

I plan on buying a small power efficient machine and running it exclusively on solar energy. It uses about same power as an average laptop: Ryzen 5 3400g and DeskMini X300 plus RAM and other small things it uses about 180w

We are buying two 200w Solar Panels so why not also do this next summer. Battery is not expensive either as the rig pulls only 180w (200w round with monitor) and I'm fine with gaming for only 1-3 hours on average.

Again I know this is not perfect solution nor it is practical for most people here but it is better than posting registry fixes :D :lol:

SixRavens

Post by SixRavens » 11 Aug 2021, 20:40

blackmagic wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 19:16

i know 1 more Russlan guy who too fight something bad and he already tried much in his apartment but it looks like he still dont solve it 100%. he even make an extra seperate power socket line into his apartment and had contact to electrics guys...
Literally fighting the power xD

Speaking of those comments tho.. They both dont seem really knowledgeable, just trying to find anything to step on as we all do. And as we all - they are yet to succeed in their theories. My takeaway from those comments - "These are not values mere mortal can measure"(Which is not surprising since they took on interhartmonics). I might be wrong tho, but I'm yet to see any plausible fix. Their general idea is the butterfly effect, 1 wrong tick destroys stability of a whole system. Or a whole bunch of ticks, whichever you like the most) Sweet idea, but without proper testing it is of no help to us.
Btw, did you try "100% fix" from the comment under his latest 40min video? With affinities and such? Just curious :?

Quarksie

Post by Quarksie » 12 Aug 2021, 06:05

Can I ask which PSU are currently on the market with knowed low EMI? I have stumble upon a thread where one person advised the Corsair HS1200i as being low EMI compared to the RX1200i.

Thank you for your attention

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 12 Aug 2021, 06:09

Quarksie wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 06:05
Can I ask which PSU are currently on the market with knowed low EMI? I have stumble upon a thread where one person advised the Corsair HS1200i as being low EMI compared to the RX1200i.

Thank you for your attention
stop with that, input lag and any of this problems have nothing to do with psu, dont waste your money

hiro

Post by hiro » 12 Aug 2021, 08:02

New psu doesnt change anything it affects all your devices console tvs . I can even see a Improvement in motion clarity with my oled tv when only Plugs into the ups batterie . I Think only solution is playing with batteries...
Last edited by hiro on 12 Aug 2021, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 12 Aug 2021, 08:12

Do this if u have strong pc,but i tried to underclock my pc through bios, my cpu was 3.7ghz base,i made it 2.5ghz and i also made the ram freq from 3600mhz to 2100mhz, turned off many fans, my input lag after i restarted my pc was literally 0 i couldn't believe what i experienced, my eyes got bigger, my dick.got harder but it lasted 2 minutes then while playing something suddenly switched and it became less responsive, mind you its much better than before when i had xmp1 and ram was running full speed as well as cpu, so basically i reduced emi by reducing power ,if u play games like csgo that dont need much power/fps just reduce the shit out of it and enjoy much less input lag.
I also had hpet off,global c states off, spectrum control enabled, i noticed spectrum control helped me abit.give it a try

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 12 Aug 2021, 08:14

I encourage you to do a fresh windows install with updates off after u do the things i did in bios, cuz emi messed up with windows drives making them have alot error correction/lag so there might be some corrupted drivers

BigDog7

Post by BigDog7 » 12 Aug 2021, 09:43

Pox, how are you connected to online when gaming on solar power? If you are using ethernet than it still means you are using power from your grid? Are you using WI-FI?