[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ashrr

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by ashrr » 27 Apr 2021, 08:10

pox02 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:05
yeah :D :D :D :D :D :D

so happy so responsive no need emi filters anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

the magic is to get Very high shielded power cord :)

https://streamable.com/tv8ug0
Since you have a monitor with the reflex latency analyzer what sort of reduction in input lag did you see?

pox02

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by pox02 » 27 Apr 2021, 08:15

ashrr wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:10
pox02 wrote:

Since you have a monitor with the reflex latency analyzer what sort of reduction in input lag did you see?
i dont care about the reflex latency analyzer im just playing feels fast responsive no need more 8-)
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 27 Apr 2021, 08:25

What power cord you get? Can you link it?

pox02

Post by pox02 » 27 Apr 2021, 08:30

Blonekql wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:25
What power cord you get? Can you link it?
im using 250V cable 10A from furman but i dont know the version of it

u can use this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AK ... UTF8&psc=1 those cables are very high shielded
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 27 Apr 2021, 09:31

after many years and many many tests i know that problem is causing RFI/EMI and ofcourse maybe someone have problem with electricity somehow and its unstable, but for this and for many people the main source is RFI, you can only shielding, but shielding cables its not main point, main point its shield full discharged PC, maybe 3+ days without turning on and then put to faraday cage or full metal thick CASE, i am not talking cases for servers 1mm but DIY case from 1CM thick metal, ofcourse there is problem monitor, monitor shielding its something like impossible..

yes i am that people who tried online ups, filters, and analysis electricity in our house, everything was fine and problems still persists for many years.

t

pox02

Post by pox02 » 27 Apr 2021, 09:42

f1ndus wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 09:31
after many years and many many tests i know that problem is causing RFI/EMI and ofcourse maybe someone have problem with electricity somehow and its unstable, but for this and for many people the main source is RFI, you can only shielding, but shielding cables its not main point, main point its shield full discharged PC, maybe 3+ days without turning on and then put to faraday cage or full metal thick CASE, i am not talking cases for servers 1mm but DIY case from 1CM thick metal, ofcourse there is problem monitor, monitor shielding its something like impossible..

yes i am that people who tried online ups, filters, and analysis electricity in our house, everything was fine and problems still persists for many years.

t

why not try Isolation transformer ? like this one

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-IS180 ... B00008N6S7

its little bit expensive but i think its should fix ur problem

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 27 Apr 2021, 09:50

pox02 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 09:42
f1ndus wrote:

t

im not expert aboute this products, i tried many things but for me only one chance how to fix it its shielding, you cant reduce radiofrequency interference with filters or some products, its in air and in free space.. and pci-e slot on mbs is scientifically proven they have problems with it, also audio/video cables shielded from made its not enough.
Next steps i want try is :

Make DIY full metal box with welding for PC to put in, 1 CM metal plate.
Discharge PC, dont turning on for 3+ days.
buy optic fiber HDMI which cant pickup noise RFI
and buy new monitor and this is that questione, shielding monitor is hard

pox02

Post by pox02 » 27 Apr 2021, 10:18

f1ndus wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 09:50
pox02 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 09:42
f1ndus wrote:

t

im not expert aboute this products, i tried many things but for me only one chance how to fix it its shielding, you cant reduce radiofrequency interference with filters or some products, its in air and in free space.. and pci-e slot on mbs is scientifically proven they have problems with it, also audio/video cables shielded from made its not enough.
Next steps i want try is :

Make DIY full metal box with welding for PC to put in, 1 CM metal plate.
Discharge PC, dont turning on for 3+ days.
buy optic fiber HDMI which cant pickup noise RFI
and buy new monitor and this is that questione, shielding monitor is hard

do like this on ur new monitor bought two chokes for ac power and gonna use optic hdmi

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 27 Apr 2021, 17:25

pox02 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:15
ashrr wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:10
pox02 wrote:

i dont care about the reflex latency analyzer im just playing feels fast responsive no need more 8-)
What? Since you said you don't care what the latency analyzer says your input lag is then I'm guessing you saw normal values (around 12-15ms depending on game and settings) but still felt you had some input lag problems? If the latency analyzer shows ~14ms with high emi or whatever then still shows 14ms with your $1000 transformer then that was some expensive placebo.

gadpaw

Post by gadpaw » 28 Apr 2021, 02:08

blackmagic wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 14:16
when i install a app or game and meanwhile switch, tab-in again to online match...then i could notice and see improvements...
mem cache free

unstable mem reason inputlag, freezes ... etc

for test:
1. load mem 51%+ percent
2. run game
3. free load mem in p. 1
4. start program to free mem cache (islc, freezkiller (in ryzen dram calc) ...)
5. after ~1h u get game play with min input lag and max smooth, but this state degrades after time