[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
losxer

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by losxer » 20 Apr 2021, 04:51

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:57
losxer wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:04
Sorry for my english Is not my lenguage and i dont use Google translate..
I totaly agree, EMI problem Is a joke, Is network. 101% Is network. I see the real prof with my yes but unfortunaly no One Will trust me, i was a top 100 on Rocket league for several seasion and After switch to fiber 1gb i become trash, for FPS game Is hit target problem but for my game Is even wrost i can easly see the difference ( for exemple before in not able to play with 0.10 sens and now if i put 0.00 Is more slow then 0.20)or i become 90years old man. Why i got proof? Simple, because After 3 month trying evrything, i format PC 10 times i Guess , change motherboard, SSD , joypad ( Rocket on PC but with pad) but i cant think the problem was the fiber that make no sense to me.. but i want try all so i go back to vdsl and at same time on my home i got vdsl and fiber 1gb, so.. another world, with vdsl i comeback to top 100 in few data so easly win 70% of match, my car comeback smoother and my game graphic much Better ( idk why but graphic look soooo much Better look like real 240fps and not avrage 100 like with fiber sometime my eyes hurts .. and game feel like framdrops) but After 1week isp call me and they told me they Need ti change something, After this call my line become the same of fiber, damn guys i hard top trust i know but i try both for 3 day for 3-4 times a day ( play 1 match vdsl then switch ) and the difference was insane im not able to win at my rank( higher ) with fiber, no Way i can, then switch vdsl and win easly , explane is placebo? No Way, sens change Is the most Easy thing to Say my self im not crazy, and maybie im the most lucky guy.. because i know Is network because i really see with my eyes.
About offline mode i try too before off course and the input Lag was in offline too, After switching to vdsl and go back to offline input Lag go away (put fiber and go offline input comeback until u put good network), idk why and how its work but i see with my eyes, and i Say thanks God because if i dont see It with my eyes i Will think im just bad and i Need improve more but i know Is not the problem, so i Just delete the game i loved for years, because Is not funny to me if i cant do the skill or stay at my own rank.. i Aldo know that not so much people can know this problem like me and Mello because i think 80% of people have It but dont care about because they never feel the game like we did.
Most problems are Internet based, yes, and not EMI based. Correct.

Yes, the original poster may very well not be an EMI issue (could go either way).

But you're wrong that it's never EMI. There are actual people on Earth who have EMI problems (lag in offline play without Internet that is only fixed by removing interference).

Just because Internet lag exists doesn't mean EMI issues does not exist. Sure, Internet latency may be 100 times more common than EMI problems, but EMI problems definitely exist too. Even if you weren't affected by EMI.

EMI problems are so frequently misdiagnosed. EMI is already a proven science but troubleshooting EMI is very hard for end users.

Please cease & terminate such blanket "EMI does not exist" statements on Blur Busters Forums. It is as false as flat earth. Both Internet lag exists and EMI issues exists, even if Internet lag is more common. Even if many mis-diagnose Internet lag as EMI and vice versa. I recommend you read my stance on EMI issues, including links to research papers.

Blur Busters espouses a philosophy of being open to "rare" but genuinely existing problems. Much like how many people did not believe in 240 Hz ten years ago (and still don't).

Even if EMI only affects less than 0.1% of people it is still very real.

Please avoid blanket "EMI does not exist" statements that are as disproven as flat earth.

As a temporal business (GtG, MPRT, Hz, blur, ghosting, lag, stutter, VRR, anything temporal) we are big-time defenders of outlier concepts that have later become proven true, such as Amazing Human Visible Milliseconds, and such, overturning lesser-studied research because they neglected to consider certain variables (such as how resolution interacts with Hz and vice versa).

I am cited in more than 20 different peer reviewed research papers because of Blur Buster's aggressive defense of these outlier concepts -- where we consistently proved correct. And researchers finally agreed with us. We are very serious about keeping discourse open.

Even if 99%+ of problems are Internet, and 1% is EMI (lag from error correction behaviors). Lag even in offline play (no Internet) that is only fixed by removing EMI.

Thank you.
Yes, i belive you, but 99% of people think Is EMI problem, this Is wrong, because like u said 99% of the time Is network problem, but only 1% think It is

Blonekql

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Blonekql » 20 Apr 2021, 06:12

How its posible to network problem? I can build new pc with new componets, instal windows, not connect to internet and isue was there. How internet will be problem xD?

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 20 Apr 2021, 07:08

Blonekql wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 06:12
How its posible to network problem? I can build new pc with new componets, instal windows, not connect to internet and isue was there. How internet will be problem xD?
Trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

KingJosh2475

Post by KingJosh2475 » 20 Apr 2021, 23:35

pox02 wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 04:37
replaced ax1600i to hx1200i huge difference

ax1600i

https://streamable.com/hijvkt

hx1200i

https://streamable.com/skoc1u
Alright, I'm back from 4 months of different testing's, I got a 100$ power conditioner and multiple surge protectors, none of these seemed to work which was a bummer so I sent them back. Than about a week ago I moved entirely to a new house and in this new house it feels only a bit better, I would say rather than it being like 20% good at the old house, maybe its around 40-50%, but still not that clean feeling that I know I used to feel before all this EMI stuff started happening. Then I saw pox02 post about the new power supply and it made me realize a few things. When plugging my PC into an outlet, of even a newer house like this, sometimes sparks would fly out of the outlet. Then I bought the EMI tester like pox02 and WALAH, I had the same experience, you can see it linked below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPHGNM ... sp=sharing

Copy and paste that link and you will see with my PC turned off the voltage is in the 20-30's which is good, but when I turn my PC on it shoots up from 1,500-2,000 which I feel as if is the cause of all the problems I've been having thus far. I'm getting a new PSU soon, actually it will be the hx750i instead of the 500 power supply that came in my prebuild. Once I get the new power supply, I will report back with if it fixed my entire problem, if not, than once again I'm lost to what makes my computer feel so bad and delayed.

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 21 Apr 2021, 02:55

Is the Power Conditioner different from a UPS (Uniterruptible Power Supply)?

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 21 Apr 2021, 11:18

And....why this problem occur in a laptop powered by batteries without power connection? Where is ther 'emi' problem? Can someone explain it?

pox02

Post by pox02 » 21 Apr 2021, 12:52

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 02:55
Is the Power Conditioner different from a UPS (Uniterruptible Power Supply)?
Yes UPS cause so much emi around 2500-3000 MV when power conditioner only do 25-50MV

i do both tests

power conditioner https://streamable.com/n4ib8y

UPS Image

ups fsp champ 2K running on CVCF mode 240V 60hz

https://interferencetechnology.com/emc- ... -supplies/

An uninterruptible power supply provides a stable power supply to the system in the presence/absence of the input supply and uses an inverter to convert DC to AC power. This inverter can generate unwanted electromagnetic interference (EMI) and also can be susceptible to EMI generated by nearby electrical equipment.

to fix it u have to get something like this

https://www.ramayes.com/download/OnFILT ... S.pdf?dl=0

its cost around 600$ but soon i will get one since i want CVCF 240V 60HZ + Low emi :P
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 21 Apr 2021, 15:33

Have you ever thought of building your own "Faraday Cage" around your PC to shield it from EMI?

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 22 Apr 2021, 02:08

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 15:33
Have you ever thought of building your own "Faraday Cage" around your PC to shield it from EMI?

what if the EMI is not air-borne but travelling via the power cables into the motherboard?
to me this seems more possible and probable cause, at least for most users in urban enviroments ...

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 22 Apr 2021, 03:48

alexander1986 wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 02:08
Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 15:33

what if the EMI is not air-borne but travelling via the power cables into the motherboard?
to me this seems more possible and probable cause, at least for most users in urban enviroments ...
Faraday Cage Wire Wrap?