[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
pox02

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by pox02 » 08 Aug 2021, 12:24

this is test 12 sens 800 dpi see how this shit so fast with solar NO INPUT LAG NO EMI :D :P :P :P

btw the solar is 120V/60hz could be it ? since in our country is 240V/50HZ :lol:

https://imgur.com/gallery/VwAimXQ
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Aug 2021, 14:47

It probably won't be the voltage (different power supplies can behave better at 240V, others at 120V). 240V can be super-clean too. It's cutting off the noisy electricity from millions of nearby homes, and being your sole generator/provider of pure electricity.

Offgridding your computer's electricity is one possible (but not guaranteed) solution

Being your own home microgrid (solar/battery) can be a way to provide yourself ultra-clean electricity with much more control over EMI (As long as you're using a very high quality inverter). And reduce EMI-induced computer problems.

That's why in an earlier thread I have mentioned the idea of trying to temporarily offgrid your computer with a sufficiently powerful UPS + WiFi -- or a lithium camping power station (like a 500 or 1000 watt Jackery Power Station) or other "battery generator". This is usually cheaper than installing rooftop soler, since you can charge up the power station, then run your gaming PC completely off a 500-1000 watt battery for under $1000 -- the cheapest way to do an offgrid-test of your gaming PC.

For quick offgridding tests, a cheaper UPS may work too (sufficient power rating) but may only last a few minutes instead of the usable 1.5 to 3 hours of gameplaying time that a good camping power station can provide.

(Most rooftop solar installs cost over >$1000)

However, this offgridding test (to isolate your electricity) does not help people living under 500 kilovolt hydro corridors, getting massive over-the-air EMI from unavoidable ultra high voltage power lines... Or living next door to a neighbour who has accidental EMP bombs running very nearby (e.g. malfunctioning electric motors / flyback transformers / etc acting as spark transmitters). Fields strong enough to illuminate handheld fluorescent tube, or tingle your tongue from just a simple couple meters of loose unattached wire...

Unfortunately this kind of stuff is incredibly hard to troubleshoot (It is VERY "Rube Goldberg" in a complex domino effect -- EMI cascading into error correction latencies in your hardware, that can build up so horribly bad it causes mysterious multi-millisecond human feelable latencies), as y'all already know, so just easier to do a brute-force test via an offgridding test, to isolate yourself from all over-the-wire EMI causes.

Note: It's harder to avoid over-the-air EMI, which can't be fully solved by offgridding your gaming PC's electricity. (Minimizing wires can help here; e.g. wireless keyboard and mice in situations where intense over-the-air EMI from hydro corridors makes cabled accessories a bit too laggy from error-correcting algorithms, due to EMI injecting into wires. (Cabled accessories are usually less laggy, but sometimes ultra-powerful EMI from nearby near-megavolt wiring can overcome that advantage)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

3xil3

Post by 3xil3 » 08 Aug 2021, 18:02

The network thing didn't work all I was doing was taking less stress off my system making it run better but I actually fixed it you know what the problem was it was 1,000 pulling rate was not enough for me system or mouse crap but I've used many with same lag. I just got the Razer Viper 8K and honestly expected to return it and oh my OMG what a difference and there's a huge difference between 1k to 8k poling. When you eat paint around no matter how fast or slow you move your mouse but everything looks crystal clear and smooth hard to explain and I have gsync..

Anyways my spec 10900k 5.1
16 gb ddr4 4000
3080 fe
Samsung nvme
Seasonic 850 titanium PSU
Ducky one 2 mini keyboard
27 1440 240hz gsync ultimate.

I've only played Doom Eternal but I earned 50 to 240 FPS it's unreal how smooth the 8k is at higher frames. Honestly thought it was a gimmick but now highly recommend it if you have similar specs and play at high frame rate.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 09 Aug 2021, 05:13

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
08 Aug 2021, 14:47
It probably won't be the voltage (different power supplies can behave better at 240V, others at 120V). 240V can be super-clean too. It's cutting off the noisy electricity from millions of nearby homes, and being your sole generator/provider of pure electricity.

Offgridding your computer's electricity is one possible (but not guaranteed) solution

Being your own home microgrid (solar/battery) can be a way to provide yourself ultra-clean electricity with much more control over EMI (As long as you're using a very high quality inverter). And reduce EMI-induced computer problems.

That's why in an earlier thread I have mentioned the idea of trying to temporarily offgrid your computer with a sufficiently powerful UPS + WiFi -- or a lithium camping power station (like a 500 or 1000 watt Jackery Power Station) or other "battery generator". This is usually cheaper than installing rooftop soler, since you can charge up the power station, then run your gaming PC completely off a 500-1000 watt battery for under $1000 -- the cheapest way to do an offgrid-test of your gaming PC.

For quick offgridding tests, a cheaper UPS may work too (sufficient power rating) but may only last a few minutes instead of the usable 1.5 to 3 hours of gameplaying time that a good camping power station can provide.

However, this offgridding test (to isolate your electricity) does not help people living under 500 kilovolt hydro corridors, getting massive over-the-air EMI from unavoidable ultra high voltage power lines... Or living next door to a neighbour who has accidental EMP bombs running very nearby (e.g. malfunctioning electric motors / flyback transformers / etc acting as spark transmitters). Fields strong enough to illuminate handheld fluorescent tube, or tingle your tongue from just a simple couple meters of loose unattached wire...

Unfortunately this kind of stuff is incredibly hard to troubleshoot (It is VERY "Rube Goldberg" in a complex domino effect -- EMI cascading into error correction latencies in your hardware, that can build up so horribly bad it causes mysterious multi-millisecond human feelable latencies), as y'all already know, so just easier to do a brute-force test via an offgridding test, to isolate yourself from all over-the-wire EMI causes.

Note: It's harder to avoid over-the-air EMI, which can't be fully solved by offgridding your gaming PC's electricity. (Minimizing wires can help here; e.g. wireless keyboard and mice in situations where intense over-the-air EMI from hydro corridors makes cabled accessories a bit too laggy from error-correcting algorithms, due to EMI injecting into wires. (Cabled accessories are usually less laggy, but sometimes ultra-powerful EMI from nearby near-megavolt wiring can overcome that advantage)
hello, i read all what you wrote aboute EMI interference in EMF field.. you had true aboute high voltage power lines, i live maybe 10-15 meters near high voltage power line tower, and i have the same symptoms like everyone here.. i tried shielded cables, shielded power cables, wireless gear but nothing helped, i wanna try made thick metal box for pc, there will be only holes for cables usb from PC, pc tower will be inside this full thick metal case which i weld together.. what do you think aboute that? is thick metal good for shielding this? i am worry aboute monito too, i disassembled monitor back and added 2 layers aluminum foil but it doesnt helped..

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 09 Aug 2021, 05:22

Regular metal box isn't good enough to protect your PC from EMI. You need to build a Faraday cage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 09 Aug 2021, 06:01

JDoe wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2021, 05:22
Regular metal box isn't good enough to protect your PC from EMI. You need to build a Faraday cage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
yeah i know, i talking aboue 5mm thick metal.

timecard

Post by timecard » 09 Aug 2021, 09:33

f1ndus wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2021, 05:13
hello, i read all what you wrote aboute EMI interference in EMF field.. you had true aboute high voltage power lines, i live maybe 10-15 meters near high voltage power line tower, and i have the same symptoms like everyone here.. i tried shielded cables, shielded power cables, wireless gear but nothing helped, i wanna try made thick metal box for pc, there will be only holes for cables usb from PC, pc tower will be inside this full thick metal case which i weld together.. what do you think aboute that? is thick metal good for shielding this? i am worry aboute monito too, i disassembled monitor back and added 2 layers aluminum foil but it doesnt helped..
Those power line pictures you shared are standard distribution lines (10-24kV), in most cases you're already at the accepted distance from those lines and you can estimate how many mG you should be getting based on distance OR get a tool like the GQ EMF 390 meter https://www.amazon.ca/Advanced-GQ-Multi ... B07JGJ897T which can also do roughly 24hour recordings and allow you to export them to a file. (I have one)

Reference:
https://www.bchydro.com/safety-outages/ ... lines.html
  • If you're looking for a case you'll likely want SGCC (galvanized steel, 1mm minimum) which is used for industrial grade equipment and server chassis.
  • Aluminum will NOT absorb magnetic fields just electrical fields.
  • I contacted top15 case manufacturers and 99% don't have cases made of SGCC that are fully enclosed, yay for RGB and windows. See my github for more research in this area, links to which materials are effective and the case i'm using right now (see screenshot below) https://github.com/djdallmann/GamingPCS ... #shielding specifically Q: How do computer chassis help control and reduce coupling? Does the composition or material have an effect?

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 09 Aug 2021, 17:17

i live maybe 10-15 meters near high voltage power line tower
same, power lines are literally above my house roof. i even lost my one PC because of intense lightning lul

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 09 Aug 2021, 18:39

n1zoo wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2021, 17:17

i live maybe 10-15 meters near high voltage power line tower
same, power lines are literally above my house roof. i even lost my one PC because of intense lightning lul
Same here i have big power lines like at 10 metters fron my house oh boyyyyyyyyyyy

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 10 Aug 2021, 02:46

yeah i knew it longtime ago, but everytime someone come with etherenet is causing it or bad electricity in house, atm i diagnostic all electric system in my house and still have problems.. its magnetic radiation from this power lines, but i am sure it have biggest impact on monitor.

shielding PC can be good, but monitor is wayy harder to shield