[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
SixRavens

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by SixRavens » 30 Jun 2021, 18:54

BigBoi wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 14:48
I don't know if there's a difference, i got a PCIe TP-Link network card for like 30$ CAD. The model ID is TG-3468 but I don't think it's the best if you're looking for that. I'm guessing nobody can confirm whether or not getting a dedicated NIC can make a difference. I did it and i felt a difference, could be placebo though because i only tested once and right now i can't because I'm not at home.
Exactly the one I was thinking about, its only 10$ CAD here, so I'll give it a chance)

owerz

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by owerz » 05 Jul 2021, 04:33

Have you ever tried a Green Wave Filter? Seems too easy but it seems like a real solution as well...

Maybe the life of this gadget is very low for gaming purpose but hey, if it works, it's a path to take.

Here's a video of what it is:
on youtube /watch?v=HZgj6YukJFY

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 05 Jul 2021, 21:20

owerz wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 04:33
Have you ever tried a Green Wave Filter? Seems too easy but it seems like a real solution as well...

Maybe the life of this gadget is very low for gaming purpose but hey, if it works, it's a path to take.

Here's a video of what it is:
on youtube /watch?v=HZgj6YukJFY
is worth what is the time use of this thing?¿

delve

Post by delve » 06 Jul 2021, 07:10

greenwave filters were tried before without success.

ixa

Post by ixa » 07 Jul 2021, 14:46

dervu wrote:
29 May 2020, 12:07
I want to share one thing that is very close to problems you guys have here.
For many years my register in CS was bad, desync problems. I was after every possible tweak you can find.
I think that if you are not sending/receiving enough proper data to server, it might act as you are behind game state.

After many tweaks, the most unbelievable thing. Unshielded ethernet cable being close to AC/DC laptop adapter was the final culprit.
Now ethernet cable is far away for this AC/DC adapter and going perpendicularly against any power cables from power bar.
Tested through couple of days. Game was never as consistent as it is now.
For evidence, I checked retransmits - it points to TCP packets, but if TCP packets get lost, UDP can too, and you won't know it. I don't know why CS didn't pick up any loss, maybe it is impossible to track is such detail, or maybe data was there, but broken? That's why TCP is retransmitting, and UDP sending wrong data? I don't know, but difference is there.

Across all servers in all games I can feel difference. For CSGO difference is like:

BEFORE: Peeking and being shot without ability to react, not being able to hold weirdest angle, spray not connecting, one taps were my best bet
AFTER: Peeking feels right, more time to react. If enemy peeks me and I don't expect it, I am at least able to flick and almost fire, holding weird angles feels normal, spray connects with most if not all bullets, game overall feels not so fast, player models look like they are peeking smoother than before.
Ey! so how is it going after all this time since u posted this reply? Is it better? still the same?
I have the exact same problem. Its so annoying to hold the weirdest angle and still not beein able to kill. Feels like you're getting old or something. No time to react, everyone feels like a pro against you, etc. In my case I've switched from 3 ISP'S. One coaxial and two fiber. Also whole new pc. Im trying lots of stuff, in related to electricity etc. Found out that electricity in my house was crap af, so I tried to fix it with what I had. But still not big of a change. Learned alot of electricty. I also became an electrician at this point with all the stuff i tried lol.
Sorry for my bad english not an ative speaker. Would you like to keep a chat in private ? through steam or smth, thanks

heavywe

Post by heavywe » 07 Jul 2021, 21:52

I think I have found the cause of my problem: ground problems. I recently started using other headphones, and found that they had a buzzing noise, and that when I touched the ground with my feet, the noise increased. I thought it was a problem with my pc, and with my phone connected to the charger I tried to do the same, and the same thing happened to me when I touched a wall in my room

Now I just have to solve this problem and wait for my input lag problem to finally disappear :(

victor910

Post by victor910 » 08 Jul 2021, 04:06

heavywe wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 21:52

Now I just have to solve this problem and wait for my input lag problem to finally disappear :(
nothing changes, because "input lag" generate by THE SERVER. this answer why you will never fix this.

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 08 Jul 2021, 22:11

Why are my games smoother on HDMI than Displayport? faulty monitor, cable or graphics card?

Ragerlis

Post by Ragerlis » 08 Jul 2021, 22:49

Dzekson22 wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 22:11
Why are my games smoother on HDMI than Displayport? faulty monitor, cable or graphics card?
Displayport cables are known to cause problems if it is a bad quality one or out of spec, likely the case.

You dont have to take my word for it, just google about it.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 11 Jul 2021, 08:37

victor910 wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 04:06
heavywe wrote:
07 Jul 2021, 21:52

nothing changes, because "input lag" generate by THE SERVER. this answer why you will never fix this.
made my day, thank you.