[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nuggify

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nuggify » 02 Feb 2021, 15:57

f1ndus wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 14:22
you guys talking aboute ISP..
- i had 3 different network providers in my town.
- nothing changed
They wont listen, they have their head lodged firmly in the sand. They cant even read the title of the thread. And god forbid they use Iperf3 or the like to show that their packets are out of order.

f1ndus

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by f1ndus » 02 Feb 2021, 16:47

nuggify wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 15:57
f1ndus wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 14:22
you guys talking aboute ISP..
- i had 3 different network providers in my town.
- nothing changed
They wont listen, they have their head lodged firmly in the sand. They cant even read the title of the thread. And god forbid they use Iperf3 or the like to show that their packets are out of order.
you have UPS? it helped to you? what function he have? can you send me link? i ordered online ups double conversed with automatic voltage regulator + pure sine wave energy + lan data cleaner
https://powerwalker.com/?page=product&i ... 83&lang=en
also with new pc + monitor - i bought components best for shielding emi like mbo with shielded PCI-E slot and M.2 slot with platinum PSU, pc case full metal with segregated PSU from components
also i looked for components what they are economical with low usage of Wats

today or tomorrow i will get all and then i can let you know

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 02 Feb 2021, 17:03

f1ndus wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 16:47

you have UPS? it helped to you? what function he have? can you send me link? i ordered online ups double conversed with automatic voltage regulator + pure sine wave energy + lan data cleaner
also with new pc + monitor - i bought components best for shielding emi like mbo with shielded PCI-E slot and M.2 slot with platinum PSU, pc case full metal with segregated PSU from components

Yes I have double conversion UPS. It fixes the stutters for me. It does basically nothing else as far as input lag, display quality, and network performance go. When unplugging the UPS and running off of battery, the input issues are fixed.

I bought well shielded components and tried multiple platinum PSUs. You should return all of that and order a server grade case, with very thick steel. I believe if you want to explore the shielding route this will be your best bet. Something like this: https://www.rosewill.com/product/rsv-r4 ... ling-fans/

It is built from SGCC 1.0 mm thick (steel).

Shielded cables perform worst for me. STP Ethernet, shielded display cables etc all display more issues than with non shielded cables. My theory for this is high frequency interference, like RFI can ride the shielding ("skin effect"). I also tried shielded power cables with very disappointing results. Very high quality power cables with heavy shielding gives me monitor artifacts. I cannot explain why this is but it was reproducible. The mouse tracking was also extremely uncontrollable and "floaty" compared to stock AC PSU cable.

KingJosh2475

Post by KingJosh2475 » 02 Feb 2021, 20:25

On a different thread I saw something about a dude who didn't get the EMI/RFI effects on his PS5 but still got it on his PS4, PC, etc. Can someone else confirm that the PS5 is not affected by the EMI, because if so, when I am able to buy one, that will be a big investment for me considering I can still play most games I want at 120 fps.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Feb 2021, 03:09

nuggify wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 17:03
f1ndus wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 16:47

Yes I have double conversion UPS. It fixes the stutters for me. It does basically nothing else as far as input lag, display quality, and network performance go. When unplugging the UPS and running off of battery, the input issues are fixed.

I bought well shielded components and tried multiple platinum PSUs. You should return all of that and order a server grade case, with very thick steel. I believe if you want to explore the shielding route this will be your best bet. Something like this: https://www.rosewill.com/product/rsv-r4 ... ling-fans/

It is built from SGCC 1.0 mm thick (steel).

Shielded cables perform worst for me. STP Ethernet, shielded display cables etc all display more issues than with non shielded cables. My theory for this is high frequency interference, like RFI can ride the shielding ("skin effect"). I also tried shielded power cables with very disappointing results. Very high quality power cables with heavy shielding gives me monitor artifacts. I cannot explain why this is but it was reproducible. The mouse tracking was also extremely uncontrollable and "floaty" compared to stock AC PSU cable.
in my case, i have nothing near me what can interfence my house, i was doing tests and every interference what i have is going fromelectric cables, which flows through them and also radiates littlebit from walls.. i have ordered very good metal pc case and super durable for interference, but i m afraid only for monitor, i dont have any shield for new monitor, i think monitor is the biggest target for rfi/emi... cuz 1 year ago i bought new monitor and i was without any lag/input for 3 days... when i changed new PC nothing changed. you know wha i mean..

also UPS double conversed is not like UPS double conversed, you need watch on functions and paramaters he had, i was talking with very experienced (technick on pcs and small electricity) and he said : you must separate / cancel it this dirty electricity.. and he send me this ups what i ordered yesterday..
I will know more when my staff come to me.

- and what aboute Watts performens your PC? what W usage your PSU have? also other components
Last edited by f1ndus on 03 Feb 2021, 05:51, edited 1 time in total.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Feb 2021, 03:14

also when you bought UPS you changed your old components? or you bought only UPS and play on old damaged components

https://www.manufacturing.net/industry4 ... -equipment
good site

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 03 Feb 2021, 06:07

https://prnt.sc/y50rrp

problem in my room/house with theory of fixing this.
the biggest values comes from outlets for 50 CM radius also near walls wheres are the unshielded very old lines electric cables

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 07 Feb 2021, 14:36

bro i got SAME problems as yours and i just can't figure it out. Mine problem is less visible at late night man, like 4:00 till 7:00 Am. So i always supposed about internet connection (i got 1gb vodafone ftth) but ofc it doesnt mean anything. I tried different ISPs here in Milan but im almost sure they so similar each other, gonna test a new provider soon and i'll let u know. Still dont know if is about bad electricity or internet connection.

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 11 Feb 2021, 11:00

by the way, for anyone here who thinks their problems could be because of their ISP not handling udp packet order correctly, you can test in the game fortnite, since their developers made a genius solution to bad ISP packet handling over 2 years ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/com ... ical_post/

so if you still have bad hitreg/random input delay etc in this game even with good ping and no packetloss, it is NOT a problem with udp packet ordering, good way to test and exclude source of problem at least.

for me, my problem is 100% related to electricity so this did not help me, made a post earlier today in another thread here if anyone is interested in more details about my issue:

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopi ... 711#p63697

anyway, check fortnite out and test your hitreg/input delay issues there if you suspect UDP packet order issues from your ISP, if you still have problems there, its not due to UDP packet order at least.

mello

Post by mello » 18 Feb 2021, 06:41

Just a question for everyone, regardless if you think this is about power/emi or about internet. What would be the reason behind things clearly improving (gaming wise) in winter, when there is lots of snow and low temperatures ? And the exact opposite happening in the hot summer ? One interesting thing is that summer should bring more people outside, thus lessening the usage of both internet & electrical devices and the exact opposite happens in winter when more people stay inside their homes and the usage of both internet & electrical devices increases. I have some thoughts and ideas about this but still wondering what other people think about that and if any of you have noticed this pattern (winter/summer) occurring ?