[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nyxo100

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nyxo100 » 28 Jun 2021, 19:32

1YiyaMaster wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 22:18
nyxo100 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 13:34
RightYStorm wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 08:08
Hi guys like I have this issue since 3 yr
I know it exists because on aimbotz CSGo I get Times with deag like kioshima (normal settings no flex)
And when I have this issue I get constant plus 10 s

People call me either bot or cheater
Because they believe it’s an excuse my lag
Idk some magical days once a year it’s off so I did 20-0kd in a wingman and 17-1 18-2 after that
I remember it
I played against a French pro on my lap where this issue comes after some time and I did 17-0 kd and then issue came -we lost I think he even was on stream and said :this guy 🤬
And I honestly asked my mates are those bots ?
At that time I didn’t even know this was a pro

So I believe there’s so much to lag hitreg delay etc
And I’m tied for people calling me bad and saying it’s placebo thats why I had to tell this here not to show off or flex (pls I’m not that guy)

I put more than 4K hrs time in alrdy in trying to fix

Espacially in CSGo I instant know it when I have it like when I shoot chickens they don’t die sometimes I need 3bullets (they are less than 1hp) but I see bulletholes when I watch demo it looks like I didn’t even shoot that direction even when I stood still and shoot slow...
Vents don’t break or like bullets go through or dissapear also it seems like I’m easier to hit because I change wasd slower
Also I die a lot without seeing Sb when he’s peaking (and don’t shit me I’m global ,when ur off lags u can even control each bullet in a spray)

On a certain map (mirage) there a space where u can jump out without breaking vents and every time I got them I don’t make it

But on my lap it’s ok for 5min I play
And when I shutdown disconnect battery and power and press down
So it’s fixed for like 5min

So I believe it’s sth like cmos RAM
Or some transistor is faulty
It could also be that Theres a Spike which kills sth and then u get the problem
Like if cpu spread spectrum ist working anymore or sth like that

Because I tried 4 cpus 4gpus memtest ran etc everything else also different boards etc
240hz Monitor constant over 500fps with an i9
Fabless psu for 250 I also tried
Like I have 5 mice etcetc etc even Keyboard
My 8000hz mouse lags even in 4000hz mode in all games I play

(Idk one night it was like was gone for one day after I connected the second 4pin cpu)
And that night I watched like the usage of my cores and it was like changeing all the Time and they al were more like balanced... at 40-60 percent

EG in warzone I get often lieb 4 cores at 100 percent and the other 4 at like 0-6 percent etc

I tried single ram slot it was better
I tried oc ram even 5ghz
Even once 1.7v nothing changed

Tried like 98percent out of bios (Asus and MSi)did fr33thy tweaks etc tried windows ami, Win 7 , and on my lap even Linux

My cpu is right now not in my pc so if Sb could try start pc without cmos battery would be great

I got my pc to 4different friends (Germany) and they are very far away
But recently I remembered they all had solar Penels

I also tried different sockets I earthed with my water heater in my room (the 3wire )
Then I earthed the pc case
I build a semi faraday cage but soon I’ll build a real one
Also a emi purifier
All it didn’t help and I have also very expressive audio equipment where I have no issue at all
I’ll buy a seperate rod which I can put in the ground and wire to my window to my pc cable
I tried without groud (idk that’s very stupid)

Also to me ps2 lags completely Ingame when I’m in Win ok but Ingame it’s like staying when I move fast
So I Wonder why is it that all my 4cpus have proplems processing data first(real-time)rather than wait with a normal mouse

What helps for me :
-don’t Play high Tick servers eG 128 because it makes it even worse
- play with mouse 125hz same for keyboard
-disable audio in bios and use seperate audio card
-a very low mouse acc makes the hitreg somehow better cause I believe the input gets calculated more and has a higher priority
-use single core in games
-rawinput off for me it’s better
-late night problem gets less like at 3am
-low FPS and low hz better
-when one core over 50 percent it usually gets worse
-watch if ur cores are like Changeing and not like more static that some cores are near 0 usage always (ofc first cores are higher all time)
-disable as many services as u can
-Limit CPU usage process Lasso etc
-change different drivers to high /real-time every time

And don’t ask fiver or other people like me, I wasted a lot of money at least 300for support

And this a long ass answer
But doesn’t even show what I have experienced
And what I have tried -btw sorry for my english

And I’m litterly done but I will sacrefice my fckn life to it and I’ll find a solution... for all of u

I’ll be surprised how much u hit Ingame even when it looks like ur not even on the target cause usually the monitor should lag after xD
same issue 125/250 hz mouse helps a lot when this issue es happen
raw input off
At 2 AM my problem is gone like to 11AM is back (absolutely no sense)
GPU scaling in nvidia panel helps too
lower resolutions helps too
Try to re install the system. I re installed and used win10 1903 yesterday. I feel very different and stable. I have the same experience as you. The mouse of 20h2 system is very unstable.
i tried so many times with no improvement im 100% sure this is not windows problem.... windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (18xx, 19xx 20xx) no improvement at all the input lag get back in a day or two

BigBoi

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by BigBoi » 29 Jun 2021, 10:16

zeebz wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 14:59
BigBoi wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 18:51
dervu wrote:
29 May 2020, 12:07
I want to share one thing that is very close to problems you guys have here.
For many years my register in CS was bad, desync problems. I was after every possible tweak you can find.
I think that if you are not sending/receiving enough proper data to server, it might act as you are behind game state.

After many tweaks, the most unbelievable thing. Unshielded ethernet cable being close to AC/DC laptop adapter was the final culprit.
Now ethernet cable is far away for this AC/DC adapter and going perpendicularly against any power cables from power bar.
Tested through couple of days. Game was never as consistent as it is now.
For evidence, I checked retransmits - it points to TCP packets, but if TCP packets get lost, UDP can too, and you won't know it. I don't know why CS didn't pick up any loss, maybe it is impossible to track is such detail, or maybe data was there, but broken? That's why TCP is retransmitting, and UDP sending wrong data? I don't know, but difference is there.

Across all servers in all games I can feel difference. For CSGO difference is like:

BEFORE: Peeking and being shot without ability to react, not being able to hold weirdest angle, spray not connecting, one taps were my best bet
AFTER: Peeking feels right, more time to react. If enemy peeks me and I don't expect it, I am at least able to flick and almost fire, holding weird angles feels normal, spray connects with most if not all bullets, game overall feels not so fast, player models look like they are peeking smoother than before.
I'd like to let everybody knows that i had the same issue as this guy. However, i fixed it by purchasing a PCIe NIC and disabling onboard Audio (I also have a dedicated sound card), onboard LAN and Wi-fi. This is weird because I've had the same issue across two different computers that I've built in the past. Does anyone believe that what I've done would fix an issue like this or is it just placebo?
Did you disable these things via bios, device manager in windows, or both? This solution cracks my curiosity.
I did it via BIOS, I suspected that maybe there was an issue with my onboard LAN so i purchased a NIC and started using that instead. I immediately noticed that it improved my online experience, bullet registry seemed to make sense now, I didn't feel like i was constantly half a second in the past (perfect example would be if somebody starts shooting me and then i run behind a corner and i get killed after), people didn't seem to react to me almost instantaneously as they did before and even my mouse seemed to be more in sync (Turning around seemed more natural and less sluggish, same thing for snapping to corners). The thing that is weird is that this is the second PC that I've built and both had this issue. This current build is using an ASUS motherboard and the last one was an MSI board, I don't know if i just got unlucky and got faulty onboard LANs in both cases.

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 30 Jun 2021, 00:53

Im living in Poland and i have the same problem in online games, my games working like 60hz, enemy teleporting

phpBB [video]

[Edit by Moderator -- Turned YouTube Link into embed]

mello

Post by mello » 30 Jun 2021, 08:05

Dzekson22 wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 00:53
Im living in Poland and i have the same problem in online games, my games working like 60hz, enemy teleporting

phpBB [video]

[Edit by Moderator -- Turned YouTube Link into embed]
This is internet problem and has nothing to do with power / EMI. It leads to bizarre situations and completely broken gameplay and broken netcode where people who are affected by it:

- are not participating in the game in a real time fashion
- have degraded simulation accuracy (this means poorly performing algorithms of prediction, interpolation & lag compensation)
- have hit registration issues, they see enemy models late / incorrectly, plus all kinds of movement issues like strafing, jumping, crouching, sliding etc. Basically, these movements are much less effective as an evasive, escape or disengage maneuvers. They are simply not fluid or don't work the way they supposed to work (because all of that is basically delayed).

Players who are not affected by this enjoy an extreme advantage over other players. Apart from having no hit registration problems, they see you first, they are harder for you to track, hit, kill and generally register bullets on them. You appear on their screens either as a stand still target or a moving target who is simply not shooting back. And you are simply not shooting back because you don't see their models in a real time fashion, as they move erratically or appear out of nowhere (drawing of an enemy model on your screen is delayed) and you are instantly dead. It can easily be seen when watching HLTV or when POV demos are being recorded. On top of that, and what is even worse, is that it appears that there are some players who enjoy even bigger advantage over everyone else (incl. players who don't have these problems), thanks to broken prediction, interpolation & lag compensation algorithms but in a positive (it basically serves as unconscious cheating / huge exploit) fashion. What i just described above is simply pushed another notch and these players most likely gain ~0.5 second advantage in enemy model position visibility over everyone else but also in hit registration process, where they are getting hits slightly behind enemy models (basically, the enemy model was there before but hit is still being registered). This allows them to shoot first (even faster than normal, because they see enemy first, when they shouldn't) and clearly miss (!) and still get shots being registered. This happens because netcode and simulation accuracy is nothing more but a bunch of mathematical equations. This essentially renders online gaming (including entire competitive and pro gaming scene) a one big farce. If you have a good eye and you are an experienced and skilled player you can clearly see this phenomenon happening on many popular Twitch streamer channels (low, mid- average, above average skills), including supposed "gods" and even highly skilled / "pro" players.

Oh, and this problem is not fixable on your side / in your home. It is a literal lottery. The only thing that can help is a VPN, because it gives you access to other ISP's networks. So at best and when lucky you can have an minor or major improvement over what you are experiencing now. If you are extremely lucky you might fix your problem this way (again a massive lottery), providing that you actually have access to large number of low ping VPN's in your city.

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 30 Jun 2021, 08:49

I tried vpn, I changed suppliers ISP and the games work the same because the infrastructure is the same, sometimes games run smoother on the 4G mobile internet

dervu

Post by dervu » 30 Jun 2021, 09:20

I think there might be some common point between ISP and electricity issue.
Some people might say that some ISPs give them better results, but no one is able to give any statistics or data to prove it what is different, only feels or game footage.
Same goes for people with clear electricity issue, they can feel, they might prove it with high speed cameras and comparing with different locations, but there is no clear evidence in electricity measurements.

It might be possible that some ISPs are hit by this interference/electricity issue and do not know that, it might be not so severe, but just enough to disrupt hardware in such a way that it will work differently than it would without this interference. So here we have, no difference in network statistics on ISP side, but something is definitely wrong. Some people might have it in their home, some might use ISP that has it. This is just a theory. :)
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Dzekson22

Post by Dzekson22 » 30 Jun 2021, 09:44

the problem worsens at the weekend, the error correction increases on the line due to the load on the network

SixRavens

Post by SixRavens » 30 Jun 2021, 10:54

BigBoi wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 10:16

I did it via BIOS, I suspected that maybe there was an issue with my onboard LAN so i purchased a NIC and started using that instead. I immediately noticed that it improved my online experience, bullet registry seemed to make sense now, I didn't feel like i was constantly half a second in the past (perfect example would be if somebody starts shooting me and then i run behind a corner and i get killed after), people didn't seem to react to me almost instantaneously as they did before and even my mouse seemed to be more in sync (Turning around seemed more natural and less sluggish, same thing for snapping to corners). The thing that is weird is that this is the second PC that I've built and both had this issue. This current build is using an ASUS motherboard and the last one was an MSI board, I don't know if i just got unlucky and got faulty onboard LANs in both cases.
What NIC did you purchase? Do you think there would be difference between Intel cards and Asus or TP-LINKish ones? Wanna try this solution without spending much on testing :?

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 30 Jun 2021, 14:48

SixRavens wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 10:54
BigBoi wrote:
29 Jun 2021, 10:16

What NIC did you purchase? Do you think there would be difference between Intel cards and Asus or TP-LINKish ones? Wanna try this solution without spending much on testing :?
I don't know if there's a difference, i got a PCIe TP-Link network card for like 30$ CAD. The model ID is TG-3468 but I don't think it's the best if you're looking for that. I'm guessing nobody can confirm whether or not getting a dedicated NIC can make a difference. I did it and i felt a difference, could be placebo though because i only tested once and right now i can't because I'm not at home.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 30 Jun 2021, 17:10

dervu wrote:
30 Jun 2021, 09:20
I think there might be some common point between ISP and electricity issue.
Some people might say that some ISPs give them better results, but no one is able to give any statistics or data to prove it what is different, only feels or game footage.
Same goes for people with clear electricity issue, they can feel, they might prove it with high speed cameras and comparing with different locations, but there is no clear evidence in electricity measurements.

It might be possible that some ISPs are hit by this interference/electricity issue and do not know that, it might be not so severe, but just enough to disrupt hardware in such a way that it will work differently than it would without this interference. So here we have, no difference in network statistics on ISP side, but something is definitely wrong. Some people might have it in their home, some might use ISP that has it. This is just a theory. :)
I live in a new town in my city before there was not internet connection.... even in that time the input lag was present in offline shooter like DOOM Rage 2 call of duty etc almost floaty mouse imprecise, 144 hz feels like 75 and all that shit happens.... when no internet company arrived, the problem already existed.