[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
alexander1986

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by alexander1986 » 22 Mar 2021, 17:53

f1ndus wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 16:11
okay update littlebit.

Today i was something doing inside distribution box in my house, i was trying do restart breakers..
But when i plug again on breakers then one phase doesnt worked, idk why but my fridge + some lights doesnt worked..
idk what happend but i didnt knows how to fix it, so i called my father. He took his electric screwdriver and he was pushing breakers and that little box, and when he was pushing and hitting that box all lights in house was blinking, it was weird but he saw some breakers had bad contact..

something like this but we have very difference

https://www.electricianinedinburgh.com/ ... 12/1-1.jpg

After he tightened all cables from breakers and contacts everywhere i was like its ok now fridge worrking.. but after few minutes i goes on my pc and start cs:go dm and what did i seeee, my game was completly changed, mouse sensitivity faaaking amazing and screen was smooth as fk.. i am sure it was no accident with this breakers and stuff.. its weird but i think in my case is something with this box with breakers.. i will testing my game how long will be smooth and fast and after that i want change everything inside this box with breakers becouse it had BIG EFFECT on my pc..
dervu wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 09:48
Old and new:
Yes it is still consistent without UPS. Now I switched to using UPS which is a cherry on the top. I might check out in month how it behaves without UPS again. No point for me chasing it anymore when it works like now. Chasing electrician to fix voltage spikes in whole area is like mission impossible.

hey guys, f1ndus and dervu, after fixing/replacing your fuse boxes, is the EMI and intermittent input lag problem now 100% fixed for you?

because I have also this old style fuse box with ceramic fuses and was thinking maybe its time to replace it with the more modern breaker style fuses like in dervus pictures, would be very interesting to know, thanks in advance !

f1ndus

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by f1ndus » 23 Mar 2021, 07:07

alexander1986 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 17:53
f1ndus wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 16:11
okay update littlebit.

Today i was something doing inside distribution box in my house, i was trying do restart breakers..
But when i plug again on breakers then one phase doesnt worked, idk why but my fridge + some lights doesnt worked..
idk what happend but i didnt knows how to fix it, so i called my father. He took his electric screwdriver and he was pushing breakers and that little box, and when he was pushing and hitting that box all lights in house was blinking, it was weird but he saw some breakers had bad contact..

something like this but we have very difference

https://www.electricianinedinburgh.com/ ... 12/1-1.jpg

After he tightened all cables from breakers and contacts everywhere i was like its ok now fridge worrking.. but after few minutes i goes on my pc and start cs:go dm and what did i seeee, my game was completly changed, mouse sensitivity faaaking amazing and screen was smooth as fk.. i am sure it was no accident with this breakers and stuff.. its weird but i think in my case is something with this box with breakers.. i will testing my game how long will be smooth and fast and after that i want change everything inside this box with breakers becouse it had BIG EFFECT on my pc..
dervu wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 09:48
Old and new:
Yes it is still consistent without UPS. Now I switched to using UPS which is a cherry on the top. I might check out in month how it behaves without UPS again. No point for me chasing it anymore when it works like now. Chasing electrician to fix voltage spikes in whole area is like mission impossible.

hey guys, f1ndus and dervu, after fixing/replacing your fuse boxes, is the EMI and intermittent input lag problem now 100% fixed for you?

because I have also this old style fuse box with ceramic fuses and was thinking maybe its time to replace it with the more modern breaker style fuses like in dervus pictures, would be very interesting to know, thanks in advance !

hello bro, i didnt replace main breakers yet, i saw big effect on my pc when i was something doing with main breaker/breakers at all.. Now i did a request to my electric provider to replace the main breaker with some stuff in fuse box and i am waiting for them.. but i think it not fix my problem becouse i have problem on 10/10 places when i was testing my setup, everywhere it was really bad, so maybe i need change everything mouse,keyboard,monitor,pc and then bless for fix. i dont know how dervu fixed it exactly, becouse in my case i have problem with my setup every where, from 2016 - 2021 i tested maybe 20-30places mostly lan tournamenst and friend houses and i never found good location, thats why i had times when i did not believed its causing by electricity, i am on forums active from 2016 and my mind is broken becouse of this problem.

djoni

Post by djoni » 23 Mar 2021, 07:18

f1ndus wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 07:07
i dont know how dervu fixed it exactly, becouse in my case i have problem with my setup every where, from 2016 - 2021 i tested maybe 20-30places mostly lan tournamenst and friend houses and i never found good location, thats why i had times when i did not believed its causing by electricity, i am on forums active from 2016 and my mind is broken becouse of this problem.
Maybe because you have problem with your settings and you are searching the problem in completely wrong direction. Could be also faulty components or perephrials... or a nocebo?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 23 Mar 2021, 07:29

djoni wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 07:18
f1ndus wrote:
i dont know how dervu fixed it exactly, becouse in my case i have problem with my setup every where, from 2016 - 2021 i tested maybe 20-30places mostly lan tournamenst and friend houses and i never found good location, thats why i had times when i did not believed its causing by electricity, i am on forums active from 2016 and my mind is broken becouse of this problem.
Maybe because you have problem with your settings and you are searching the problem in completely wrong direction. Could be also faulty components or perephrials... or a nocebo?
no bro, i trying fix this problem for 5 years, everyday searching in google what is new but never found something what helped me longer then 1-3days. yes i tried many PCs, Monitors, mouses,keyboard,headphones every fkng combination in softwares and bios setups

djoni

Post by djoni » 23 Mar 2021, 08:10

f1ndus wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 07:29
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:
no bro, i trying fix this problem for 5 years, everyday searching in google what is new but never found something what helped me longer then 1-3days. yes i tried many PCs, Monitors, mouses,keyboard,headphones every fkng combination in softwares and bios setups
What are the games you play and what exactly are the problems you are experiencing? Do they happen also in LAN?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 23 Mar 2021, 10:41

djoni wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 08:10
f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:
What are the games you play and what exactly are the problems you are experiencing? Do they happen also in LAN?
all games, i played a lot games and everywhee i have problems, also when i watching videos,film,in bios everywhere.. in games my screen is very choppy 144hz/240hz feeling like 80hz fuzzy display, stutter and my mouse is floaty and slowly, like when i try fast flick my cursor its going delayed like 0.5S, games are heavy and i am mooving like tank, specially in cs:go my spray from ak47 and other fullout guns is very slowly and inconsistent, every day the games feels dynamic... yeah, i played with my setup on lans and everywhere it was bad, and my teammates had very clean and fast smooth game, i played one lan tournament on organizers pcs and there it was very good..

readtext

Post by readtext » 23 Mar 2021, 11:02

f1ndus wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 10:41
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:

all games, i played a lot games and everywhee i have problems, also when i watching videos,film,in bios everywhere.. in games my screen is very choppy 144hz/240hz feeling like 80hz fuzzy display, stutter and my mouse is floaty and slowly, like when i try fast flick my cursor its going delayed like 0.5S, games are heavy and i am mooving like tank, specially in cs:go my spray from ak47 and other fullout guns is very slowly and inconsistent, every day the games feels dynamic... yeah, i played with my setup on lans and everywhere it was bad, and my teammates had very clean and fast smooth game, i played one lan tournament on organizers pcs and there it was very good..
go to a doctor

djoni

Post by djoni » 23 Mar 2021, 11:25

f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:

What is your resolution, launch options and can you upload photo of your graphics card 3d settings and also scaling settings?

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 23 Mar 2021, 11:47

readtext wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 11:02
f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:

go to a doctor
why?

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 23 Mar 2021, 20:39

f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:
f1ndus wrote:
djoni wrote:

Which 240hz monitor have you tried? Do you have any videos of your choppy screen or input lag? A lot of phones can record 240-960 fps these days, do you have one that can? Or you can try one of the new 360hz monitors with latency analyzer then you'll know for sure what your input delay is but you have to use the tool properly. Someone else on here made a thread with the 360hz monitor but he was using it wrong and getting unusable results.