[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
bijay135

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by bijay135 » 01 May 2021, 23:21

pox02 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 08:05
yeah :D :D :D :D :D :D

so happy so responsive no need emi filters anymore :lol: :lol: :lol:

the magic is to get Very high shielded power cord :)

https://streamable.com/tv8ug0
This seems very convincing, easy and logical at least to me, my current power bar cord is almost fully exposed. I teared the outer cover fully to insert a new earth wire, original one was not working and held it together with electric tape in fixed lengths. Maybe getting a new power bar with shielded power cord may help. Ty for this :D

Uchihax

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by Uchihax » 02 May 2021, 18:51

pox02 wrote:

Bro can i have ur discord? can u tell me what things i have to buy? these blue cables on amazon? i have to buy 2 of these for Monitor and CPU? also i need these black things EMI filters for cables? please thanks

Fet

Post by Fet » 04 May 2021, 14:25

Uchihax wrote:
02 May 2021, 18:51
pox02 wrote:

Bro can i have ur discord? can u tell me what things i have to buy? these blue cables on amazon? i have to buy 2 of these for Monitor and CPU? also i need these black things EMI filters for cables? please thanks

Mr.Pox02 ??)

UP! HELP PLEASE ALL

ashrr

Post by ashrr » 04 May 2021, 16:24

Blonekql wrote:
04 May 2021, 15:36
https://youtube.com/shorts/XkTieKl6Dzc?feature=share

240fps video record ^^ how to play?
What monitor is that?

deama

Post by deama » 04 May 2021, 22:02

Input lag is a lie:

phpBB [video]

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 05 May 2021, 05:45

heavy car bug is the same, the same input lag caused by electricity.
But input lag is already a consequence of the main problem, namely - your computer slows down "in time", any game runs slower, all physics is slower, animation is slower, you can literally see it.
heavy car bug is exactly the same. It seems to people that it is heavy (like the recoil of weapons, for example, a "heavy" gun), but this is a consequence, all physics in the game is slower, the car turns slowly, reacts, hence the feeling of input lag.

Does anyone in this thread understand this? That the first reason is a slowdown, and the input lag is a consequence?

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 05 May 2021, 06:06

TN_fun wrote:
05 May 2021, 05:45
heavy car bug is the same, the same input lag caused by electricity.
But input lag is already a consequence of the main problem, namely - your computer slows down "in time", any game runs slower, all physics is slower, animation is slower, you can literally see it.
heavy car bug is exactly the same. It seems to people that it is heavy (like the recoil of weapons, for example, a "heavy" gun), but this is a consequence, all physics in the game is slower, the car turns slowly, reacts, hence the feeling of input lag.

Does anyone in this thread understand this? That the first reason is a slowdown, and the input lag is a consequence?
+1

deama

Post by deama » 05 May 2021, 12:28

blackmagic wrote:
05 May 2021, 00:46
what im experience here has 99% nothing to with input lag and hardware...it just dont feels like lag or input...but that only my feelings...im never an expert in input lag.

i just feel that it is something else but i have no definition for that kind of most weird phenomenon that hit me some years ago and that ruins since then all my fun in online games.

but i discover right now more and more each day...

i become very interested into "heavy car bug" in rocket league and find there many experiences from guys who describe 1:1 same feelings of what i experience here in competitive shooters...

i find even a guy who says that reboot or restart game makes the car for some time playable but then it becomes like heavy after a time window and unplayable...and that all following by losing matches and getting worse...unable to control the car easy and precise like it was possible just some minutes ago...

i never before heard about heavy car bug because i just was never interested into games like rocket league but this unexplainable placebo and till today not solved bug is very hot topic for me right now here.

i even install this game to see how i gonna perform in it and if i gonna feel or notice this heavy car bug too after spent some gameplay time and after learn the mechanics...need first to get used to this game because its rly new genre for me.

most in the community in rocket league dont believe in this bug and call it just placebo but there people who try to proof that it is real and exist...haha also same like in all other games where bullshit happens for some people and the rest just cant understand it because they probably never suffered it or had it rarely happen...

even when i said that i give up on this all...this weird "unexplainable placebo" dont let me go.
i just cant sleep normal without find out what is really behind this all...

there way to much coincidences and parallels on this weird bullshit that happen for some and that in different online games...

here an article, blogs on this "heavy car bug":
https://dignitas.gg/articles/blogs/rock ... ket-league

very funny to read all this "fixes"...
where many users, players report and comment (on youtube) that this tweaks, fixes helped only for a short time and it become heavy car again...
looks like all this fixes has an expiry date... :lol:

sounds very similar to all my fixes in shooters that i tried here and nothing helped and was never constant or stable and always degraded to the bad state again where i was before all the "fixes"...
I heard from a hi-fi audio guy that did a review on power conditioners and his conclusion was that they didn't do much, he later followed up saying that the AudioQuest Niagara 1200 was the only one that actually gave him good results, but that sucker is $1000.
If you have the money to spend, you're probably best bet is to get a double conversion online UPS to get rid of the big voltage problems, then that Niagara 1200 to actually clean the power, and then build or buy a faraday cage for you PC case to make sure it doesn't get any interference from signals. If this doesn't fix you're problem, then no clue what you could possibly do at that point.