[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
f1ndus

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by f1ndus » 19 May 2021, 14:22

TN_fun wrote:
19 May 2021, 13:34
f1ndus wrote:
19 May 2021, 09:55

you are solo of hundreds people with this problem. I know many people with this problem, everyone and me too have everywhere this problem, on lans, bootcamps, on strengers PCs, e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e , last 3 years i tested maybe 15-20 places.
Hello, Magneto its you? :lol:
How is this possible? Does anyone else notice the problem after you start playing on this PC?
bro i dont really know how is it possible, i thought i am cursed many times.. yeah, i had cases when my teammates was testing my game play, they said its shit :D .. i dont know really what is this shit

n1zoo

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by n1zoo » 19 May 2021, 14:38

TN_fun wrote:
19 May 2021, 13:34
f1ndus wrote:
19 May 2021, 09:55

you are solo of hundreds people with this problem. I know many people with this problem, everyone and me too have everywhere this problem, on lans, bootcamps, on strengers PCs, e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e , last 3 years i tested maybe 15-20 places.
Hello, Magneto its you? :lol:
How is this possible? Does anyone else notice the problem after you start playing on this PC?
I had it in LAN, where my team bring only our mouse, keyboard, mousepad, headset. You plug your gear, log in into steam account - that's it. PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. In same LAN, I asked my friend why your game looks way smoother than mine? He looked at my monitor and said "Yes, your game looks like 100fps", even i had fps_max 0. At first I thought It's my Steam account. One time before LAN tournament I created new steam account in home, and tried to play with him in LAN next day. Guess what? Problem exists again. This is actually crazy, my brains can't understand how this is even possible.. Maybe my hands spread radiation to the mouse or what? ;dd. Since then I actually out of ideas.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 19 May 2021, 15:37

I don't know what it is either.

But as for devices (keyboard, mouse). Some are sure that it is being "infected" and that these devices work exactly the same on a new PC.

If you've played on bootcamp with your own keyboard and mouse. Was this computer still "infected" or did it work well afterwards? (when other people played on this PC)

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 19 May 2021, 15:46

TN_fun wrote:
19 May 2021, 15:37

But as for devices (keyboard, mouse). Some are sure that it is being "infected" and that these devices work exactly the same on a new PC.

If you've played on bootcamp with your own keyboard and mouse. Was this computer still "infected" or did it work well afterwards? (when other people played on this PC)
I played on LAN pc with my steam account and gear. After match, i logged out, unplugged my gear. Later other guy came to the same PC, logged into his steam acc, plugged his gear - his game perfect.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 19 May 2021, 15:53

TN_fun wrote:

Wait a second.

Its very logical what you said but:

i played in 2016 on LAN in coffe game room. [ https://www.playzone.cz/turnaje/msi-games-2016 ]

There was they OWN PCs and Monitors 144hz, only what players need on this lan was mouse,keyboard,headphones so i bring that.

There was equirement by organizers this LAN and owners coffe game room :

- Players need play on they COFFE GAME ROOM STEAM ACCOUNTS and no one can Log Out from their Steam accounts
Maybe becouse there was like 50 PCs and they can have big work with it.
So i played LAN only with my mouse,keyboard,headphones and everything was perfect, i remember it feels like i play other game,
everything instant and smooth without any stutter. It was really wierd but it was true, i played this lan 2 days and it was fkn stable
everytime, every match..

WEIRD - TRUE.

https://www.playzone.cz/turnaj/31755/seznam you can click on Eclot Gaming - theres my nickname.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 19 May 2021, 16:15

Yes, this is all very strange, guys. But even now, it happens to me that everything works perfectly or very close, but it happens, for 1-2 days. 1-2 days a year, really.

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 19 May 2021, 17:00

f1ndus wrote:
19 May 2021, 15:53
TN_fun wrote:

Wait a second.

Its very logical what you said but:

i played in 2016 on LAN in coffe game room. [ https://www.playzone.cz/turnaje/msi-games-2016 ]

There was they OWN PCs and Monitors 144hz, only what players need on this lan was mouse,keyboard,headphones so i bring that.

There was equirement by organizers this LAN and owners coffe game room :

- Players need play on they COFFE GAME ROOM STEAM ACCOUNTS and no one can Log Out from their Steam accounts
Maybe becouse there was like 50 PCs and they can have big work with it.
So i played LAN only with my mouse,keyboard,headphones and everything was perfect, i remember it feels like i play other game,
everything instant and smooth without any stutter. It was really wierd but it was true, i played this lan 2 days and it was fkn stable
everytime, every match..

WEIRD - TRUE.

https://www.playzone.cz/turnaj/31755/seznam you can click on Eclot Gaming - theres my nickname.
I Play 20 years on pc, 80% its fps games multiplayer (main Quake). I know how to Flick/click/whatever you want on that category game but now i cant do nothing xD its a bullshit.
What if Steam have invisible malware/trojan? is it possible?

Uchihax

Post by Uchihax » 19 May 2021, 19:59

u guys talk only about steam lmao... the problem is in games in general, i have input lag on Valorant and this is not a Steam game..

zweepz

Post by zweepz » 19 May 2021, 21:40

Fet wrote:
09 May 2021, 19:22
At night, my computer or monitor works with a delay, at night without a delay, what can this be related to?
I have the exact experience, and am curious as well. Early morning 2am-7am smoooth / crisp, but 7pm - 12 pm not.

dervu

Post by dervu » 20 May 2021, 05:31

It's not that easy. People who know 100% that their case is not ISP related, but electricity related, they will also have different severity of symptoms depending on hours, days. Sometimes it will be good for hours, even days. I had almost lack of symptoms at day when you expect a lot of people to be using internet, event tried both ISPs at same day.
Until someone identifies how to check if place has electricity related issue its just trying and failing game.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor