[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
alexander1986

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by alexander1986 » 22 Apr 2021, 06:40

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 03:48
alexander1986 wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 02:08
Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 15:33
Have you ever thought of building your own "Faraday Cage" around your PC to shield it from EMI?

what if the EMI is not air-borne but travelling via the power cables into the motherboard?
to me this seems more possible and probable cause, at least for most users in urban enviroments ...
Faraday Cage Wire Wrap?

IDK :p just speculating here but I think that when the EMI is so strong that it actually affects logic/chipsets inside on the motherboards, then you won't get far with shielding cables and stuff like that.... just my theory

pox02

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by pox02 » 23 Apr 2021, 07:58

EMF from the socket :o now i need electrician ;)

https://streamable.com/8gtcst
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 23 Apr 2021, 08:19

pox02 wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 07:58

yo pox, I sent you a PM with a quick queston about that SCEWIN tool you linked in other thread about RFI spread spectrum, is very nice tool for exporting current bios to textfile, but am bit skeptical if the import.bat is good idea to run from inside windows?

let me know if you got my PM can answer there , if PM did not show up for some reason then was just wondering if you have used the tool to import bios file , or if u have experience how to save the changes made to the exported bios text file and then flash like normal from USB stick etc :d

ty!

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 23 Apr 2021, 09:56

blackmagic wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 08:36
alexander1986 wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 08:19
pox02 wrote:

yo pox, I sent you a PM with a quick queston about that SCEWIN tool you linked in other thread about RFI spread spectrum, is very nice tool for exporting current bios to textfile, but am bit skeptical if the import.bat is good idea to run from inside windows?

let me know if you got my PM can answer there , if PM did not show up for some reason then was just wondering if you have used the tool to import bios file , or if u have experience how to save the changes made to the exported bios text file and then flash like normal from USB stick etc :d

ty!
i am too interested in tools how to save export/import bios file and flash without experience black screen after...

but i am ready to test things here because with the ch341a i know how to backup and reset things...

already had 10 and more flash attepmts but sadly without success.

@blackmagic, I found someone that can really help us with this, but I need a screenshot of the main/root menu of the bios first :mrgreen:

I mean a real photo taken with smartphone or camera or something, of the main menu in bios you know? I actually dont have access to smartphone or camera right now, you know in our bios there is "EZ" and "Expert" mode ? put it on "Expert" mode and just take photo of the main menu without entering any submenu, then pls upload to imgur or something! and use the latest bios version !

cheers !

EDIT: nevermind I managed to get a pic of the main menu :d will update later with progress !
Last edited by alexander1986 on 23 Apr 2021, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

pox02

Post by pox02 » 23 Apr 2021, 10:25

https://easyupload.io/5izfri @alexander1986 put this in scewin folder and click import with administrator
monitors xg258q aw2518hf 27GK750F-B pg248q xg240r lg w2363d-pf xb270hu XL2546 XL2546K NXG252R

alexander1986

Post by alexander1986 » 23 Apr 2021, 10:37

pox02 wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 10:25
https://easyupload.io/5izfri @alexander1986 put this in scewin folder and click import with administrator
yee that was already an option I was considering, just put the * on 6% RFI spread spectrum value instead of 1.5% default..

but also I am not 100% ready to test flashing from inside windows with scewin while OS is running :/ if something goes wrong then will be without PC for a while, however maybe @blackmagic would be willing to test this since he has the eeprom flasher and can 100% recover if something goes wrong?

@blackmagic that textfile that pox linked, is our bios exported from scewin, but with 6% set instead of 1.5% on rfi spread spectrum, when u have time maybe u can run the scewin import.bat file and try this? since u can recover if something goes wrong but I can not :mrgreen:

if you put the file pox linked in same folder as the scewin tool where import.bat and export.bat is located, and run import.bat with administrator privilege on import.bat/scewin_64.exe + restart , in theory this should work..

maybe full RFI menu + settings will not be unlocked but at least it should, in theory enable the 6% maximum value ...

delve

Post by delve » 24 Apr 2021, 02:02

pox02 wrote:

normal probably, devices like this can be used to detect power lines in the wall.

what i noticed when holding it against pc case, it reads 7 V/m, but as soon as i touch the case it goes to zero. It happens even when the pc is shut off. This reminded me of aymans descriptions of his problem in the nvidia thread.

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 25 Apr 2021, 07:13

Someone with this isue must try in Faraday Cage.

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 25 Apr 2021, 10:26

Blonekql wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 07:13
Someone with this isue must try in Faraday Cage.
i wanted many times, but alwayse i am scared aboute monitor, i think 80% emi is picking monitor - i have for this a lot tests

Blonekql

Post by Blonekql » 25 Apr 2021, 13:38

Before this isue start on me i be hardcore Quake player. Baa, i can easy tell i play with players on scene Quake like spartie or Cooler (top players on the world). I can just say this isue is rly unfair about plaayers what dont know about it. They never be good like wanna be good. Pickup news pc stuff like new GPU/CPU etc what cost alot money in hope they just be better. Nope. Im scaried becauase alot friends where i be and i use their pc i just feel their pc not be good, mouse slugish etc... But they dont realize about it... People with this isue is more than less, terrible case
My english sux i know and sorry for that.