CSGO INPUT LAG & SLUGGISHNESS

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kwer

CSGO INPUT LAG & SLUGGISHNESS

Post by kwer » 29 Mar 2020, 22:26

Hey guys,
for the past few months I've had a problem with input lag... My mouse feels delayed and sluggish ingame. It only happens in CS. For example in COD Warzone I can easily track and kill enemies.

Did this ever happen to you guys and if so.. Did you fix it? CSGO has the worst input I've ever seen in any esport game and that is really frustrating. I have ~3300elo on Faceit and I'm really sensitive to feeling the mouse movement.

Tried many things like:
Windows reinstall
Disabling full-screen optimalization
Setting compatibility to Win 7
Removing -high from launch options
Adding -noforcemaccel, ... in launch options
mat_queue_mode -1/-2/1
Updating GeForce drivers
Reverting GeForce drivers
Changing my DPI
Checking Windows mouse settings
Raw_input 0/1
m_mousespeed 0/1
...and many more things which I can't remember.

Also I found some forums when I read that it could be bad hardware like PSU or bad electricity at my house. Really not sure why is this happening. Thank you in advance, guys.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: CSGO INPUT LAG & SLUGGISHNESS

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Mar 2020, 01:10

Do you get the lag too, when playing locally with bots?

If you are using VSYNC OFF, have you tried capping CS:GO to 300fps or 500fps via your config file or fps_max command?

Also, what kind of CPU are you using? CS:GO is more CPU limited than GPU limited.

Uncapped framerates in CS:GO can work the CPU hard to the point where mouse processing slows down because it's spending too much time on the graphics. Capping relieves things a bit, allowing the computer to process the high-Hz mouse faster. Games can gain weird-lag artifacts when the mouse-processing is starved by other processing.

(If your other games are normal, it almost certianly isn't your electricity.)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kwer

Post by kwer » 30 Mar 2020, 14:17

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 01:10
Do you get the lag too, when playing locally with bots?

If you are using VSYNC OFF, have you tried capping CS:GO to 300fps or 500fps via your config file or fps_max command?

Also, what kind of CPU are you using? CS:GO is more CPU limited than GPU limited.

Uncapped framerates in CS:GO can work the CPU hard to the point where mouse processing slows down because it's spending too much time on the graphics. Capping relieves things a bit, allowing the computer to process the high-Hz mouse faster. Games can gain weird-lag artifacts when the mouse-processing is starved by other processing.

(If your other games are normal, it almost certianly isn't your electricity.)
It does happen when I'm playing offline w/ bots and yes, my VSync's off. Also tried Double or Triple buffered with my FPS being locked 2fps below refresh rate of my monitor. My FPS are locked on 300.

fps_max 0 (uncapped) => nothing
fps_max 300 => nothing
fps_max 144 => nothing

PC SPECS:
CPU: i5 7500
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
MOBO: ASUS PRIME B250-PRO
RAM: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 2x 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102
SSD: ADATA SU800
PSU: not home rn so im not sure, but its nothing tragic

Jimmy990

Post by Jimmy990 » 01 Jul 2020, 02:32

have u tried disabling synthetic timers,useplatformtick disabledynamictick and useplatformclock..maybe that help,:)

andrelip

Post by andrelip » 01 Jul 2020, 15:21

CPU/GPU Throttling, intrusive drivers of anti-cheats/anti-virus, high standby memory, HD failing, etc.

Remember that CSGO is CPU intensive, so it will be very sensitive to CPU frequency oscillations and will trigger throttling. Check if the temps are okay and if the frequency is not changing before any crazy tweak.

deama

Post by deama » 02 Jul 2020, 08:55

Could be the CPU boost feature, try changing your CPU to a fixed clock, this disables the boost.
Maybe even disable hyperthreading if you have it on.

tNiiick

Post by tNiiick » 14 Jul 2020, 16:44

default everything (CS, Steam, Windows 10, mouse)

no launch options, no config, nothing.

it won't lag if you do this.

if it still doesn't work then I can fix it for you

Palacko

Post by Palacko » 04 Aug 2020, 15:54

tNiiick wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 16:44
default everything (CS, Steam, Windows 10, mouse)

no launch options, no config, nothing.

it won't lag if you do this.

if it still doesn't work then I can fix it for you
Hey dude, i have still maybe the same problem - my mouse feels very weird in CS GO since about 1-2 Month.
I got a brand new PC today everything pre installed - installed CS GO played some Wingman - hits perfect everything smooth the mouse is like it should be.

After that i dumb idiot did this:
1 downloaded discord and disabled just the overlay
2 changed in nvidia settings only: gsync off and scale to full display because i play 4:3 streched 1280x960
3 i put in the config + autoexec i got about 1 year ago from a friend - while i got this config + autoexec i became a better player (7-800h Global - doesnt matter)

after this steps above i tried again to play - couldnt hit anything hitreg off mouse feels like on ice - acceleration on but its everywhere on off rawinput 1 etc.

then i tried to get this steps back like i changed nvidia back- deinstalled disc and deinstalled also steam + cs go and installed it again.
when i just installed steam again my username was inside this window so i think it wasnt installed at all?

and after putting everything back - my mouse feeled still like shit no spraycontrol nothing.

sorry for my english - maybe you guys have the same problem.

Best Regards Danijel

holiday

Post by holiday » 07 Mar 2022, 01:22

This is how csgo works. I guess you cant change it.

The mouse input is since the release broken. At the start of csgo many people complaint about the mouse input in csgo and said the m_rawinput command is broken and that you get with it on prediciton. But later it was proved rawinput works correctly.

I also did some tests and compared other source games to csgo. All source games except csgo feels normal for me.

I set in every game the excat same settings and compared them to csgo. But in csgo it is impossible for me to make micro mouse adjustments cause it seems the fine mouse movements are not registered.

So the only setting that does not excist in csgo is m_filter. I tried in other source games m_filter 1 and compared this to csgo mouse input but this was also not the problem.

So there is still something that mess up with the sensitivity.

So i recommend before you change settings in your windows or other settings try another source game (there are free ones enable on steam) and see if the sensitivity is right there for you.

See also this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9769

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 07 Mar 2022, 04:25

holiday wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 01:22
This is how csgo works. I guess you cant change it.

The mouse input is since the release broken. At the start of csgo many people complaint about the mouse input in csgo and said the m_rawinput command is broken and that you get with it on prediciton. But later it was proved rawinput works correctly.

I also did some tests and compared other source games to csgo. All source games except csgo feels normal for me.

I set in every game the excat same settings and compared them to csgo. But in csgo it is impossible for me to make micro mouse adjustments cause it seems the fine mouse movements are not registered.

So the only setting that does not excist in csgo is m_filter. I tried in other source games m_filter 1 and compared this to csgo mouse input but this was also not the problem.

So there is still something that mess up with the sensitivity.

So i recommend before you change settings in your windows or other settings try another source game (there are free ones enable on steam) and see if the sensitivity is right there for you.

See also this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9769
this is how cs go works nice man you are legit socrates
thats why we have pro scene where nobody complain about anything input wise