Is it true that AMD Ryzen has a larger input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
PeterParker

Re: Is it true that AMD Ryzen has a larger input lag?

Post by PeterParker » 24 Jan 2022, 23:09

Hi guys, thanks for these information. I also experience the same behavior with my current rig, even if it is top tier:
- Amd Ryzen 5900x
- G Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16 32Go cl16 f4-3600c16d-32gtzn
- Gigabyte Aorus x570 Ultra
- Samsung 980 pro nvme
- Asus ROG GTX 1070

I feel you guys: It's like I can't react as I could before on my old I7 4790k. And I'm happy that I am not the only one experiencing this. I started playing CSGO 22 years, and even if I'm getting old, I know there is something wrong. My internet is pretty stable also (500mb fiber). I also have an Alienware 360hz monitor.

Maybe I'm going to go back to Intel and grabbing an I7 12700KF and mobo, but I want to keep my RAM coz it is b-die and pretty good, but I'm worried about it not compatible with the Intel platform (it says it is for Ryzen, so I don't know).

And for latency mon, this is my results :

So it really might be an issue with the AMD architecture?

akylen

Post by akylen » 25 Jan 2022, 07:23

PeterParker wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 23:09
Hi guys, thanks for these information. I also experience the same behavior with my current rig, even if it is top tier:
- Amd Ryzen 5900x
- Samsung 980 pro nvme
- Asus ROG GTX 1070

I feel you guys: It's like I can't react as I could before on my old I7 4790k. And I'm happy that I am not the only one experiencing this. I started playing CSGO 22 years, and even if I'm getting old, I know there is something wrong. My internet is pretty stable also (500mb fiber). I also have an Alienware 360hz monitor.

Maybe I'm going to go back to Intel and grabbing an I7 12700KF and mobo, but I want to keep my RAM coz it is b-die and pretty good, but I'm worried about it not compatible with the Intel platform (it says it is for Ryzen, so I don't know).

I had no problem with my i7 3820 , i decided to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 , and the problem appeared , then i said to myself , its maybe amd the problem , so i took a I7 10700K and the problem is still there.

Im not saying it wont do anything for you to switch to a I7 12700KF but im just sharing my experience ^^

PeterParker

Post by PeterParker » 25 Jan 2022, 16:09

akylen wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 07:23
PeterParker wrote:
- Amd Ryzen 5900x
- Samsung 980 pro nvme
- Asus ROG GTX 1070

I had no problem with my i7 3820 , i decided to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 , and the problem appeared , then i said to myself , its maybe amd the problem , so i took a I7 10700K and the problem is still there.

Im not saying it wont do anything for you to switch to a I7 12700KF but im just sharing my experience ^^
Thanks for the feedback. It might have save me money. Perhaps on older Intel CPUS (I7 7700k, 8700k, 9700k, I9 9900k) the issue is not there ? Could it be coming from the new architectures?

akylen

Post by akylen » 25 Jan 2022, 17:01

PeterParker wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 16:09
akylen wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 07:23
PeterParker wrote:
- Amd Ryzen 5900x
- Samsung 980 pro nvme
- Asus ROG GTX 1070

Thanks for the feedback. It might have save me money. Perhaps on older Intel CPUS (I7 7700k, 8700k, 9700k, I9 9900k) the issue is not there ? Could it be coming from the new architectures?
Good question , to be honest , i dont know

akylen

Post by akylen » 27 Jan 2022, 18:46

I would like to suggest to you, just an idea like that, maybe at the level of the bus usb in the device manager, those on my old pc are not the same as on the new one, just an idea like that.

kunibert

Post by kunibert » 28 Jan 2022, 03:01

PeterParker wrote:

- Switching to Intel / ZXXX-Boards most likely wont change that. i cant say for older CPUs, but i think it would be the same.
- If you, nonetheless, decide to switch, you can use your RAM Sticks on those Intel Chipset Boards. I have the same and used them on an Asus X570 and now MSI Z490...works flawless.
- What audio interface are you using? Onboard, Dedicated PCI or external USB or whatever?
- Are you running your Graphics Card in MSI- or Line Based Mode? Switching to MSI Mode might help...
- I know it is always advised to use the most recent drivers, but i would suggest to try different older drivers for your graphics card and compare the results you achieve on them. It is a time consuming method, though. And be sure to uninstall them via DDU, before trying another one. Dont install that Geforce Experience stuff and the HD Audio Driver
- Which Monitor Model?

PeterParker

Post by PeterParker » 28 Jan 2022, 10:52

kunibert wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 03:01
PeterParker wrote:

- Switching to Intel / ZXXX-Boards most likely wont change that. i cant say for older CPUs, but i think it would be the same.
- If you, nonetheless, decide to switch, you can use your RAM Sticks on those Intel Chipset Boards. I have the same and used them on an Asus X570 and now MSI Z490...works flawless.
- What audio interface are you using? Onboard, Dedicated PCI or external USB or whatever?
- Are you running your Graphics Card in MSI- or Line Based Mode? Switching to MSI Mode might help...
- I know it is always advised to use the most recent drivers, but i would suggest to try different older drivers for your graphics card and compare the results you achieve on them. It is a time consuming method, though. And be sure to uninstall them via DDU, before trying another one. Dont install that Geforce Experience stuff and the HD Audio Driver
- Which Monitor Model?
I'm using a wireless gaming headset, an HyperX Cloud 2 wireless. The onboard audio is already deactivated in the bios. I don't know if i'm willing to seek for the optimal gpu driver, as you said it is time consuming. For the monitor, I have an AW2521h 360hz monitor.