Weird input lag at day time only

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Stitch7

Re: Weird input lag at day time only

Post by Stitch7 » 10 Jan 2021, 10:30

Sorry for the wording but this guy is an idiot.You can easily delete and replace any config.
Use a single account disable any stuff. reinstall controller then overclock it if it's ds4 or dualsense.
I stil have the aforementionted stuff happening. Just to a lesser extent.

GamingPrZ7

Post by GamingPrZ7 » 27 Apr 2021, 17:31

Hey Everyone! Rallaz is your issue fixed?

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 28 Apr 2021, 01:13

I guess I have the same issue with CSGO. Playing at evening time is much easier than at day time. It almost feels like at day I am competing against pro players. 0.5 KD is my typical performance level while at night I can get 1.5-2 KD. Just discovered it recently (previously I've been playing almost exclusively at day time due to lack of full time job).

leka164

Post by leka164 » 16 Aug 2021, 21:53

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 23:24
Fluctuating voltage or frequency is the basis for complaint to your electricity provider. Especially fluctuating frequency can really mess your electronic devices so check your contract and contact them but firstly I would record some evidences.

Regarding CS:GO I have pretty significant improvement after disabling multicore rendering but this requires pretty powerful PC to reach decent FPS and reduce latiencies.
Why is disabling multicore rendering helping? I noticed better response when it was off, why?

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 17 Aug 2021, 01:14

Because mulitcore rendering adds input lag.
Attachments
снимок.png
снимок.png (27.49 KiB) Viewed 7070 times

Rallaz

Post by Rallaz » 13 Sep 2021, 15:04

GamingPrZ7 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 17:31
I would say it some minor "tweaks" left just read in another post the most recent one going on that it may some sort of Harmonic Distortion I'll have some one look in to that.

Most of my issues was power related
I live in Sweden.

Blu

Post by Blu » 10 Nov 2021, 10:57

Rallaz wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 15:04
GamingPrZ7 wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 17:31
I would say it some minor "tweaks" left just read in another post the most recent one going on that it may some sort of Harmonic Distortion I'll have some one look in to that.

Most of my issues was power related
I live in Sweden.
Hey Rallaz, I've read a few posts on here but this one in particular describes my exact problem, I've had this problem aswell where I experience fast and quick-responsive gameplay in Rocket League early in the morning (8-9am) and late at night. But during the middle of the day the game feels slower and less responsive, more input lag/the physics of the game just feels slower, everything feels slower. It's been like this for me ever since I started playing rl, and I've had the problem with 3 different PC's, and my newest PC I've tried in 2 different locations, 2 different cities, still the same exact problem. I heard you live in Sweden and so do I, I was wondering if there is any way I can contact you about this in a personal message (I can't pm on this website). Just to hear more about if you managed to fix the problem and if so - how, I heard it was power related and thats what im starting to think aswell, but more indepth of exactly how you fixed it - if you did. If you have discord I would really appriciate if you could just take a few minutes talking me through this whole situation, would be really appricaited. Anyways, my discord is: Blu#4980 if you want to add me. :)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Nov 2021, 13:46

leka164 wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 21:53
Why is disabling multicore rendering helping? I noticed better response when it was off, why?
JDoe wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 01:14
Because mulitcore rendering adds input lag.
There may be two contradicting factors acting against each other.
- Multicore rendering adds processing latency (a minor tape-delay style latency)
- Multicore rendering also can increase frame rate (which can decrease human reaction time)

It is known that the clarity of high frame rates can slightly reduce human reaction time, the improvement which may sometimes exceed the processing latency of multicore.

This may explain why some people feel it is more responsive, while others say it is less responsive.

Remember... Electronic input lag measurements doesn't always account for the human reaction time (e.g. improvements to reaction time because of less motion blur helps specific humans because of a higher frame rate)

Not everyone reacts faster, but some react faster during less motion blur.
We are Blur Busters, we bust blur :D
What we noticed that some of us react faster without blur.
But not everyone. Everybody is picky about different things (tearing, stutter, blurring, etc)
Your Mileage May Vary.
YMMV.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 11 Nov 2021, 06:01

Hey guys. Is the input lag in the rocket league a "heavy car bug"?
Is she present offline with you? Is there a completely offline mode?
There are a lot of topics on the Internet dedicated to heavy car bugs. It is also on consoles.
Last edited by TN_fun on 14 Nov 2021, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Blu

Post by Blu » 14 Nov 2021, 12:53

TN_fun wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 06:01
Hey guys. Is the launch delay in the rocket league a heavy car bug?
Is she present offline with you? Is there a completely offline mode?
There are a lot of topics on the Internet dedicated to heavy car bugs. It is also on consoles.
Hey, what do you mean by "launch delay" and if it is a heavy car bug?
Yes I do experience this problem offline aswell, I think Rallaz mentioned that he did to. You can completely disconnect from internet and still play freeplay in rl, so yes its not network related.
And yes I've seen that theres a lot of threads about hcb on the internet but they are mostly trying to find solutions within the game itself rather then trying to find the underlying issue, which I beleive is power/electricirty related or possibly your PC's OS + bios settings that give input lag at some times and some times not, not sure though.