Weird input lag at day time only

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ffs_

Re: Weird input lag at day time only

Post by ffs_ » 30 Nov 2020, 00:46

Have you tried to move your PC to other places and test it there? Have you tried other PCs at your place?

I have been having this problem for the last 4 years or so and tried almost everything. I was able to reduce "symptoms" but not eliminate the root of the problem, which is I'm 99.9% sure an electricity.

TTT

Post by TTT » 30 Nov 2020, 11:29

Rallaz wrote:
12 May 2020, 15:38
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 May 2020, 13:59
The most important question.

1. Do you get any of this weird lag for ANY offline play?
This is a verification question to confirm that this only affects online play

If Yes: There may be other unexpected factors, including human behaviours.
If No: Then it's almost definitely not your electricity or anything obscure related to that. It will be more related to your network.

Note: My suspicion is network related, but no guarantee. Even if your unloaded ping lag is the same at all hours of the day, there's some issues like jitter and increased buffering that goes on. Improving this can be a 2nd Internet connection that's a expensive business-only connection (Regardless of DSL/Cable/FTTH. Yes, even FTTH. Even two separate FTTH connections, one FTTH for your house, and one FTTH Wifi-turned-off, Etherneted just straight to your gaming PC right after the firewall), combined with a gaming VPN to stabilize your jitter all the way to the servers. Some paid competitive players do this nowadays.

TIP: A slightly higher lag but consistent lag can be superior for many games. Perfect near jitterlesss 30ms loaded latency (+/-1ms TCP/UDP jitter in loaded conditions) sometimes creates network lagfeel than very jittery 20ms latency (+/-10ms TCP/UDP jitter). Gamefeel malfunctions (random erratic misses) more with network jitter than with absolute network latency.

*WARNING: Sometimes Internet issues are impossible to solve. But as far as you're willing to spend lots of money (business connection + dedicated connection just only for gaming PC + high performance gaming router + testing multiple gaming VPNs if necessary. And I mean ALL of the above COMBINED, not just one of the above), it is sometimes improveable, especially if you have a budget as a paid professional esports player. We get a few of those nowadays on Blur Busters and it's amazing how far some of them has gone to force just minor improvements on Internet connections, often at 10x+ budget...

Regarding your first question if not the most important one?
Yes it happends offline somedays in freeplays that the game feels "heavy" but after connection to a match or two its usually gets better as well in freeplay. But it CAN also be like its first "heavy" free in the freeplay and then gets worse when playing a match. It really vary from day and time if its heavy in freeplay or not "freeplay" is when your playing by yourself and not connected to any "game server" but it changes there as well "for some weird reason"

I've tried without Ethernet cable and the game is almost "more" heavy when it doesnt have an Ethernet connection which seems very odd and weird in my opinion. I've never experienced this with any sort of game what so ever.

I'm as any other human would say not having "placebo" effects in my mind like there has been proven macros that could show these different mechanical possibility's whats possible at night and not. I don't think I'm having weird issues because of how I feel or am during a specific time of the day (no weird human behaviours)

But the problem is still odd to me like if there is something I've missed.

I'll have FTTH in mind or try one day at the office that has 1000mb/1000mb dedicated I haven't tried that yet but seems like thing I shouldn't need but as I heard professional buy dedicated line to be able to compete online :/

Is freeplay 100% offline though? Would it work if you are actually disconnected from the internet?

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 30 Nov 2020, 23:36

tl:dr

What queue discipline are you using on your router?

canx66

Post by canx66 » 01 Dec 2020, 11:59

My friend.

Iam from EU (germany) too and I HAD the same problem. The exact same problem. Things changed for me significnalty after I switched from Cable Internet 500down/up (shared medium, which is crap) & Family use - to DSL 100down/40up for my PC only. WLAN off, just my gaming pc and my streaming pc is plugged in. This changed my whole GAME feel, smoothness, anything.

This "smooth game" after 2am thing is because, most of the people go to sleep and dont use their internet, so the "shared medium " Cable internet is not affected much. So the line has less stress and can transfer data easier to the server. Ater I switched, I have this feeling everytime.

So, do you have cable internet?

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 01 Dec 2020, 12:06

canx66 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 11:59
My friend.

Iam from EU (germany) too and I HAD the same problem. The exact same problem. Things changed for me significnalty after I switched from Cable Internet 500down/up (shared medium, which is crap) & Family use - to DSL 100down/40up for my PC only. WLAN off, just my gaming pc and my streaming pc is plugged in. This changed my whole GAME feel, smoothness, anything.

This "smooth game" after 2am thing is because, most of the people go to sleep and dont use their internet, so the "shared medium " Cable internet is not affected much. So the line has less stress and can transfer data easier to the server. Ater I switched, I have this feeling everytime.

just stop with a internet again it has nothing to do with internet

DodgeBallz

Post by DodgeBallz » 02 Dec 2020, 18:46

canx66 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 11:59
My friend.

Did you have input lag offline as well?

canx66

Post by canx66 » 07 Dec 2020, 18:47

I play/played online FPS games only. So this type of games didnt have access to the without being online. I played no offline singe player games.. so. Sorry I cant say nothing about that.

Stitch7

Post by Stitch7 » 09 Jan 2021, 20:20

I rember Kux talking about this a few years ago and it even affected freeplay.
What helped me was steering sensitivity, STS input buffer, disabling steam input or ds4windows and overclocking my dualshock to 1000hz (it still polls differently internally but it helped a bit).

Reset every config and reinstall windows 10 HOME disable any unnecessary features internally dont use stripped versions or mess with event timers unless you know what you are doing. Try achieving a stable overclock and check your PSU.

I recommend watching a few Rocket Science videos and testing whether it is you playing in the dark.

FYI I still think I have no Idea what is going I also llay better at night day in weekdays...

Qcfakeing

Post by Qcfakeing » 10 Jan 2021, 05:27

Do you have multiple accounts? I have had a major issue since ftp. I have identified what is going on for me and so believe it is the same issue for most it is just kind of difficult to hone down on.

I have cross input from the replay editor. I know this sounds crazy, but check it for your self. In ranked matches, I can move my mouse in the x/y direction slightly, watch the game slow down, or speed up. Pressing shift ( I play kbm) is the start and stop for the replay editor. Same thing. If press 9 or 0 I forget which one, it goes to ball cam, I can press the -/+ to slow the ball down. It's not lag. It's EPIC Physionix Steam Input IDGAF it sucks. Before you knock what I'm saying go in game, sit in goal, press your left stick forward and pull it back during kick off, you can watch the other player hurry up and then slow down. Youll see diomonds and up missing every shot. I had fun with it at first but I hate it now.

I hate 7 steam accounts. 1 xbox account and 1 switch account. I play on 2 high end PC's I built a with 3090s 200hz and 240 hz and I play on a laptop and an XBOX series X. Here the even crazier part, IT IS ROCKET LEAGUES issue. My god fling xbox account inherited THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. It can only mean that the config settings are following my accounts and I can't shake em. Any email ever associated with windows install, to steam registration, to epic registration is fucked. Please try this and let me know if your issue makes more sense now. Also, ball cam off and pull your stick back. Watch everyone miss every shot. It's a rediculous stupid problem.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 10 Jan 2021, 09:49

Qcfakeing wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 05:27
Do you have multiple accounts? I have had a major issue since ftp. I have identified what is going on for me and so believe it is the same issue for most it is just kind of difficult to hone down on.

I have cross input from the replay editor. I know this sounds crazy, but check it for your self. In ranked matches, I can move my mouse in the x/y direction slightly, watch the game slow down, or speed up. Pressing shift ( I play kbm) is the start and stop for the replay editor. Same thing. If press 9 or 0 I forget which one, it goes to ball cam, I can press the -/+ to slow the ball down. It's not lag. It's EPIC Physionix Steam Input IDGAF it sucks. Before you knock what I'm saying go in game, sit in goal, press your left stick forward and pull it back during kick off, you can watch the other player hurry up and then slow down. Youll see diomonds and up missing every shot. I had fun with it at first but I hate it now.

I hate 7 steam accounts. 1 xbox account and 1 switch account. I play on 2 high end PC's I built a with 3090s 200hz and 240 hz and I play on a laptop and an XBOX series X. Here the even crazier part, IT IS ROCKET LEAGUES issue. My god fling xbox account inherited THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. It can only mean that the config settings are following my accounts and I can't shake em. Any email ever associated with windows install, to steam registration, to epic registration is fucked. Please try this and let me know if your issue makes more sense now. Also, ball cam off and pull your stick back. Watch everyone miss every shot. It's a rediculous stupid problem.
Did you realize people who had cheats had 200 accounts and they dont have any of this problem :D