AOC G2590FX question

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
InputLagsux

AOC G2590FX question

Post by InputLagsux » 01 Jun 2020, 18:09

Been looking for a low input lag monitor for Xbox one X, already made the mistake of buying without properly researching and bought an Asus MG248QR which has been my first taste of a gaming monitor and it took my COD ration from 1.00 to 2.50 and now I can annihilate foes in SF, MK and UFC.

However...I purchased the monitor after learning that my Xbox One X has VRR and 120hz support, got overexcited and pulled the trigger on the Asus without realizing only the display port has freesync and not the HDMI one (market trick). So I learned all this while the monitor was arriving that same day so I researched more and more and learned that the HDMI port at least ran at 120hz so I decided to try it out and loved the responsiveness of 120hz vs 60hz on the game mentioned above and decided to stick with it.

Now after reading a great post by Chief Blur about the best monitor for low input lag my mind always wonders what could have been like.

Sorry for the long winded post must be the quarantine... I was able to narrow down a list off monitors that might work on Xbox One X while using these settings : 1080p, 120hz, VRR on.

I came to the conclusion through some posts on reddit that the AOC G2790PX could do this and upon further research realized that the G2590FX was basically the same model but faster and cheaper than the G27.

Now the real question, can anyone confirm if the AOC G2590FX can run on Xbox one while using 1080p, 120hz with VRR on?

lastxmohicanx

Re: AOC G2590FX question

Post by lastxmohicanx » 23 Sep 2020, 15:05

So I just purchased this monitor as well and should have it by next week. However I have an xbox one x and I have currently been playing on my wifes AOC C32g1. Its a VA panel 144hz with freesync. Good montior but after I did my research noticed it had high input lag and high response time for a gaming monitor especially for competition shooter like COD. The AOC C32G1 has all the same ports ports as the AOC G2590FX as far as the hdmi ports go which is hdmi 1.4 which allows you to play your xbox one x at 120 hz. MAKE SURE THOUGH that if your monitor doesnt come with an hdmi cable , that you buy one that allows up to 144hz. If you have all the current updates the xbox should automatically detect that your monitor allows you to play at 120hz and should change the settings for you. If not, you'll have to do it manually in the video and audio options. Hopes this help. Youll love playing at 120hz. So smooth compared to 60hz, input lag is greatly reduced.