Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
A Solid lad

Re: Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Post by A Solid lad » 20 Feb 2022, 09:10

Sorry.
I really should've kept quiet... it isn't my job to moderate.
I just really love the overall attitude over here, and I'm afraid of this forum becoming like almost every other one, dealing with gaming related tech. :(

Next time, I'll use that button instead.

P.s:
"We are not Twitch Chat, Discord Chat, Twitter or Facebook here"
Love this line.

And yes, I agree with what gameinn wrote, in that: Once someone has an adequate gaming setup, ingame performance is mostly determined by the talking monkey using said setup.
It's the tone of his post and him taking us for fools which has upset me.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

triplese

Re: Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Post by triplese » 21 Feb 2022, 13:04

gameinn wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 07:36
Even though you know Gamers Nexus literally did a whole video
You're trust youtubers, that making videos based on random threads on reddit and shaming people that buying 5k+ equipment to get rid of desync problems, bravo :lol:
I ready to bet, that Gamers Nexus isnt CPU architect, so he isnt expert in CPUs.
I'm working in gamedev and we encounter with desync bugs in our games, and even developers that have written code and really knows, how it working, cant debug desync. But youtubers know all things, just keep trust them ;)
TL;DR - youtubers is human and can do mistakes too, often they clickbait and broadcasting total bullshit.

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 01 Mar 2022, 19:02

gameinn wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 07:36
Wow. What a thread.

People basically claiming the reason they aren't a pro gamer is because they have an AMD CPU and not an Intel CPU.

Even though you know Gamers Nexus literally did a whole video completely dispelling this at every level possible that it was run to run variance. Not to mention that testing was done in mid 2020 when 5000 wasn't out which ended up taking like an extra ~8 ns off latency in aida64 by the improved design. Add in improvements to AGESA and Windows scheduler/power plan for Ryzen since 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if AMD actually had less input lag but again this literally doesn't matter.

I've heard some moronic things in my time. One being "What was invented first? Water or Dr. Pepper?" but claiming you aren't at the skill level you should be at a video game because of a CPU is on another level.

This is the temporary desk setup of an Overwatch league player during quarantine. Playing like this didn't hinder his ability at all. He would still win games. Hopefully this ends whatever debate there is.

You're bad because you're bad. What CPU you have won't change that.
People here find excuses for everything. The only legit things are server issues caused by lag compensation and even then you will always end up in your real skill rank in a particular game.

silikone

Post by silikone » 30 Sep 2022, 04:52

With the new Ryzen being revealed as suffering in scenarios that favor a good cache, I am wondering what this has to say about input lag. The 5800X3D still wins in many gaming tests, and so I wonder if that also translates to lower latency when controlling for frame rate.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 30 Sep 2022, 07:27

silikone wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 04:52
With the new Ryzen being revealed as suffering in scenarios that favor a good cache, I am wondering what this has to say about input lag. The 5800X3D still wins in many gaming tests, and so I wonder if that also translates to lower latency when controlling for frame rate.
The lower the FPS, the higher the input latency. That's about it. Cache, CPU and RAM can not affect input latency. They affect performance, not input latency.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.