Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
A Solid lad

Re: Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Post by A Solid lad » 11 Nov 2020, 18:17

Since there's no like/hearth button yet, I'll just keep posting these appreciation comments.
Thank you guys for providing so interesting reads, especially you, Chief.
Discord | Youtube | Twitch
Steam with a list of monitors & mice I've used/use.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is it true Ryzen has higher input lag than Intel? Is there conclusive data to prove this?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Nov 2020, 15:11

A Solid lad wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 18:17
Since there's no like/hearth button yet, I'll just keep posting these appreciation comments.
Thank you guys for providing so interesting reads, especially you, Chief.
You are very welcome!

There are generally no stupid questions at Blur Busters Forums, even "Can human really tell apart 30fps vs 60fps" (which I am all too glad to reply to with a TestUFO link).

Even if I can only give partial-yet-informative answers that give only a taste of the complexity of a specific subject matter.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 13 Nov 2020, 10:41

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 15:11
There are generally no stupid questions at Blur Busters Forums, even "Can human really tell apart 30fps vs 60fps" (which I am all too glad to reply to with a TestUFO link).

Even if I can only give partial-yet-informative answers that give only a taste of the complexity of a specific subject matter.
As you said that hope you don't mind if i ask :D (anybody can answer :) ).
If Ryzen has higher Input lag than Intel:
- Will it be noticeable on games? If so, how exactly?
- Could this mean that Ryzen can have (more) stutters?
- Even if Ryzen give higher FPS, would Intel be better? or just for competitive gaming?

Thanks anyway ;) .

dervu

Post by dervu » 14 Nov 2020, 08:51

Some more tests from MLC 3.9 on Ryzen 5600X with 3200MHz memory, I am during some tweaking, previous test was on 1.4V and now on 1.37V it seems better: ( don't know why this high score marked on red :lol: )
https://i.imgur.com/qmSwEwm.png
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

silikone

Post by silikone » 25 Nov 2020, 06:51

So is the new Ryzen still a "DUD"? I thought the numbers seen in CS:GO were promising. I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger since Intel still disappoints with 14nm, but it looks like this will defer my decision.

Good work.

dervu

Post by dervu » 25 Nov 2020, 07:34

No, it is good anywhere else, all benchmarks shows good. Maybe I have just some problem with this memory. I had more bandwith on mlc before with Ryzen 2600 and B450 board, but at the same time AIDA64 shows more... Recently I resolved some issue that I am not sure if it affected it. It would be better to test on new proper memory kit to be sure.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

ffs_

Post by ffs_ » 25 Nov 2020, 07:59

silikone wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 06:51
So is the new Ryzen still a "DUD"? I thought the numbers seen in CS:GO were promising. I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger since Intel still disappoints with 14nm, but it looks like this will defer my decision.
Idk about X570/B550, but I've tried few previous gen motheboards and they all, including my Strix X370-F, have had pretty bad mouse input/movement with stock BIOS. Mouse movement is a lot better after switching to mod BIOS, even with Zen 2 (3600X)... and Zen 3 should be better in everything.

v0HaVoK0v

Post by v0HaVoK0v » 19 Feb 2021, 18:56

Hey everyone, I'm new to here and was kind of just wondering what way do you read latencymon results and what do they mean, I hear its mainly an audio testing tool, but don't quite fully understand why people are saying ryzen usually get around 80us, is this average? Because mine has been getting an average process latency of 2.38us, I feel like I'm not reading this tool correct, as 2.38us to 80 is quite a big drop so no I don't believe my cpu is just randomly really good, just that I'm not reading something correct or not using the tool properly?
Also does anyone know any better tools/programs for testing latency?

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 19 Feb 2021, 19:38

v0HaVoK0v wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 18:56
Hey everyone, I'm new to here and was kind of just wondering what way do you read latencymon results and what do they mean, I hear its mainly an audio testing tool, but don't quite fully understand why people are saying ryzen usually get around 80us, is this average? Because mine has been getting an average process latency of 2.38us, I feel like I'm not reading this tool correct, as 2.38us to 80 is quite a big drop so no I don't believe my cpu is just randomly really good, just that I'm not reading something correct or not using the tool properly?
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Use the DRAM Calculator for latency testing. I pretty much get the same results as in AIDA64 with Ryzen Dram calculator.

v0HaVoK0v

Post by v0HaVoK0v » 20 Feb 2021, 10:12

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 19:38
v0HaVoK0v wrote:
19 Feb 2021, 18:56
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Use the DRAM Calculator for latency testing. I pretty much get the same results as in AIDA64 with Ryzen Dram calculator.
Hey thanks for the response, so I tried dram calculator, I was wondering what these results look to you?
Attachments
test.png
test.png (60.52 KiB) Viewed 6182 times