I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Tin1017

Re: I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Post by Tin1017 » 06 Jul 2021, 04:40

In 2014 I used to have so many issues with CS:GO. I was stuck at 2500 elo for a year and could not improve at all. I had a friend who and probably still is one of the highest rated wow players who suggested that I should just change my place and try to grind CS:GO harder. I couldn’t afford to pay rent so he offered to get me a place for a couple of months and I pay him back once i start earning money. So he rented me a small room in a newer building which had internet preinstalled and the cable was coming out from the roof and straight into my pc.
For the first couple of minutes I felt like I was playing a new game. My mouse felt so weird and I felt uncomfortable like I had just lost my ability to aim properly. It was just the fact that the game was running properly for once..
My first month of playing there I went from hardstuck master to fpl- qualifiers, i decided to try esea and went to rank A+ in my first couple of days playing the game I believe I had 31-1 there and managed to qualify for esea rank G. My game just changed ALOT to the point where I got banned by faceit_mikey from a faceit pro league because people were accusing me of cheating, later got unbanned I just became insane lol
I had a benq xl2430t and my csgo i remember ran above 300 fps at all times. I never had issues with my fps it was just a really weird feeling of something being off which can even make my movement worse. I managed to fix it and feel like im in heaven for 2 months. I Was also in a team with the guys from SKADE but had to quit gaming because my dad got ill and needed caring. I sold my pc back then but I remember once I moved back I instantly became a bad player again(prefires, screen tearing, terrible hit reg. i remember we used to change a lightbulb every 5-6 days. I moved back with my dad because he needed caring and i remember people telling me that i was probably a cheater.. lol. I was just terrible once again getting prefired, holding angles made me die alot. the first day of the fpl qualifier i was 3rd but felt like crap on my final day and slept through the entire qualifier..Whatever.
My point is that the registry tweaks probably have some effect but i’ve always preferred to disable/delete some stuff and keep my windows on default.
(Imagine going to a tournament and having to do all these tweaks in order to get that crisp mouse movement”)
It is probably all internet+ Electricity
Sorry for this long post but I am going trough the exact same stuff with Valorant atm and I have no way of fixing it because I will need to rent an apartment which I cant afford.
But to all the people who have bought 1,000 dollars power conditioners, completely new builds because their old one was “affected” etc., for the sake of your sanity, just go and test your pc somewhere else.
And another thing I probably forgot to mention is that my input lag with Valorant is terrible.
I was Radiant in january but ever since february I cant get above 1,5kda(maybe once every 20 games).
And sqm router adds input lag in valorant

losxer

Post by losxer » 11 Jul 2021, 21:53

Tin1017 wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 04:40
In 2014 I used to have so many issues with CS:GO. I was stuck at 2500 elo for a year and could not improve at all. I had a friend who and probably still is one of the highest rated wow players who suggested that I should just change my place and try to grind CS:GO harder. I couldn’t afford to pay rent so he offered to get me a place for a couple of months and I pay him back once i start earning money. So he rented me a small room in a newer building which had internet preinstalled and the cable was coming out from the roof and straight into my pc.
For the first couple of minutes I felt like I was playing a new game. My mouse felt so weird and I felt uncomfortable like I had just lost my ability to aim properly. It was just the fact that the game was running properly for once..
My first month of playing there I went from hardstuck master to fpl- qualifiers, i decided to try esea and went to rank A+ in my first couple of days playing the game I believe I had 31-1 there and managed to qualify for esea rank G. My game just changed ALOT to the point where I got banned by faceit_mikey from a faceit pro league because people were accusing me of cheating, later got unbanned I just became insane lol
I had a benq xl2430t and my csgo i remember ran above 300 fps at all times. I never had issues with my fps it was just a really weird feeling of something being off which can even make my movement worse. I managed to fix it and feel like im in heaven for 2 months. I Was also in a team with the guys from SKADE but had to quit gaming because my dad got ill and needed caring. I sold my pc back then but I remember once I moved back I instantly became a bad player again(prefires, screen tearing, terrible hit reg. i remember we used to change a lightbulb every 5-6 days. I moved back with my dad because he needed caring and i remember people telling me that i was probably a cheater.. lol. I was just terrible once again getting prefired, holding angles made me die alot. the first day of the fpl qualifier i was 3rd but felt like crap on my final day and slept through the entire qualifier..Whatever.
My point is that the registry tweaks probably have some effect but i’ve always preferred to disable/delete some stuff and keep my windows on default.
(Imagine going to a tournament and having to do all these tweaks in order to get that crisp mouse movement”)
It is probably all internet+ Electricity
Sorry for this long post but I am going trough the exact same stuff with Valorant atm and I have no way of fixing it because I will need to rent an apartment which I cant afford.
But to all the people who have bought 1,000 dollars power conditioners, completely new builds because their old one was “affected” etc., for the sake of your sanity, just go and test your pc somewhere else.
And another thing I probably forgot to mention is that my input lag with Valorant is terrible.
I was Radiant in january but ever since february I cant get above 1,5kda(maybe once every 20 games).
And sqm router adds input lag in valorant

It's internet i know that for sure, 101%.
Maybie if people start to think of that , can find solution. What do u mean with internet preinstalled? What Is the tecnology?adsl, Vdsl or fiber optics?

Tin1017

Post by Tin1017 » 13 Jul 2021, 13:44

At my parents home I had fiber and when I moved I had only an ethernet cable coming from outside and playing there felt like heaven. My first couple of games I had to lower my sensitivity aswell and i thought that i somehow became “bad” at aiming. Took me a couple of hours maybe a full day to get used to how my game felt i remember.. i wasnt new to the game (csgo). I was stuck forever at 2.5k elo and had all this desync,prefires, weird stuff going on my screen when i lived at my parents. Once I moved out it took me a month or two to finish top2 in masters and then play the fpl-c, used to play with skade etc. I also got invited to the “pro” league for each country managed by Faceit_mikey and took place first 2 months, got banned for cheating too but unbanned the day after because i was dropping 30+ each game but then I had move back to my parents. I played for a couple of days but back then I had no clue that electricity could be the issue. I remember we had many problems with electricity and I even had to take my headphones off a couple of times cus it was picking some kinds of radio waves or something idk that was killing my ears. I became so bad that “poizon” told me “i think you were just cheating bro” and due to rl issues I also had to sell my pc.
I have nothing to brag about because I didn’t achieve anything
But I have experienced all of this and my pc ran way better on this new place eventhough I had “worse” internet?
I am having issues and this game is a way for me to earn some decent money one day and I know how bad it feels because the game becomes 20 times harder once you start experiencing this bullsh*t. I remember how my whole playstyle changed and i was no longer “scared” 24/7 and super focused. I literally had to do 0.001 flicks in order to kill someone. At the new place there were no issues.. hope this helps
Just try ur pc somewhere else before you start buying 1000 euro power conditioners

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 13 Jul 2021, 15:07

Tin1017 wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 13:44
At my parents home I had fiber and when I moved I had only an ethernet cable coming from outside and playing there felt like heaven. My first couple of games I had to lower my sensitivity aswell and i thought that i somehow became “bad” at aiming. Took me a couple of hours maybe a full day to get used to how my game felt i remember.. i wasnt new to the game (csgo). I was stuck forever at 2.5k elo and had all this desync,prefires, weird stuff going on my screen when i lived at my parents. Once I moved out it took me a month or two to finish top2 in masters and then play the fpl-c, used to play with skade etc. I also got invited to the “pro” league for each country managed by Faceit_mikey and took place first 2 months, got banned for cheating too but unbanned the day after because i was dropping 30+ each game but then I had move back to my parents. I played for a couple of days but back then I had no clue that electricity could be the issue. I remember we had many problems with electricity and I even had to take my headphones off a couple of times cus it was picking some kinds of radio waves or something idk that was killing my ears. I became so bad that “poizon” told me “i think you were just cheating bro” and due to rl issues I also had to sell my pc.
But I have experienced all of this and my pc ran way better on this new place eventhough I had “worse” internet?
I am having issues and this game is a way for me to earn some decent money one day and I know how bad it feels because the game becomes 20 times harder once you start experiencing this bullsh*t. I remember how my whole playstyle changed and i was no longer “scared” 24/7 and super focused. I literally had to do 0.001 flicks in order to kill someone. At the new place there were no issues.. hope this helps
Just try ur pc somewhere else before you start buying 1000 euro power conditioners
im 100% this is a electrical issue too

Dermyy

Post by Dermyy » 18 Jul 2021, 15:29

Tin1017 we need to communicate from steam can you tell me your steam name i would be so happy.I am playing cs for 5-6 years.Faceit elo 2.2k,global etc. I am on this level by my gamesense i can tell.There is something that make my games[even in bios]smooth(too much smooth and i feel it is not responsive.)I have this issue for like 2-3 years and it makes me mad.I am playing valorant right now but i have the same issue still.If you add me on steam we can communicate and try something to fix this shit.
Steam name:Dermy
Profile photo:Blue thunder[ I have 2 steam account with same name and same photo so if you add both of them it would be nice thanks a lot.

empleat

Post by empleat » 20 Jul 2021, 03:13

Dermyy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 15:29
Tin1017 we need to communicate from steam can you tell me your steam name i would be so happy.I am playing cs for 5-6 years.Faceit elo 2.2k,global etc. I am on this level by my gamesense i can tell.There is something that make my games[even in bios]smooth(too much smooth and i feel it is not responsive.)I have this issue for like 2-3 years and it makes me mad.I am playing valorant right now but i have the same issue still.If you add me on steam we can communicate and try something to fix this shit.
Steam name:Dermy
Profile photo:Blue thunder[ I have 2 steam account with same name and same photo so if you add both of them it would be nice thanks a lot.
You can try my guide. I was in gold in CS GO and after doing all of these I got to Supreme :lol: https://www.tenforums.com/gaming/117377 ... ost1454596

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 14 Aug 2021, 10:48

RamenRider wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 21:37
Today I installed UWP drivers to enable HAGS on my 5700xt setup and it massively improved input lag.

Fps are about the same maybe with a small improvement in 0.1% and 1% but I'm mostly noticing a big difference latency.

I used this guide:
(https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-r ... wp.437511/)

If you guys have input lag issues with Amd GPU I highly recommend to give HAGS a try (either by installing outdated drivers such as 20.5.1 Beta or by installing the latest UWP drivers).
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 14 Aug 2021, 11:27

Everytime i reinstall windows and play for the first two hours, i feel like i cheated lol, shooting and tracking and hit reg is on another level that havin shit internet become somewhat tolerable for me. I guess we are one of the unluckiest people alive. One question i would ask is ,if i want to find a good place that has good electricity,how can i search for it? Building manager should have info about the building so what should i ask him specifically

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 14 Aug 2021, 11:36

Tin1017 wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 13:44
Two questions, in the place your friend rented you, you said you had literally no issue when it comes to getting pre fired,no desync etc, how long did you play in that place? All of that time staying in it, you had no issue at all ? And in your old parents home where u said u had issues, can you describe the issues specifically, do you feel you have heavy mouse and slow keyboard? Getting pre fired bad hit registration etc? Does a fresh windows install make your game smooth first 1-2 hours in this bad location?

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 15 Aug 2021, 06:14

Dermyy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 15:29
Tin1017 we need to communicate from steam can you tell me your steam name i would be so happy.I am playing cs for 5-6 years.Faceit elo 2.2k,global etc.
What is your problem then exactly? You are among the highest ranked players on Faceit claiming that you have some issues with your game and there is me: 7K hours in-game and 990 ELO points. That is how real issues look like.