I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
deama

Re: I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Post by deama » 15 Aug 2021, 12:29

Mugabi wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 11:27
Everytime i reinstall windows and play for the first two hours, i feel like i cheated lol, shooting and tracking and hit reg is on another level that havin shit internet become somewhat tolerable for me. I guess we are one of the unluckiest people alive. One question i would ask is ,if i want to find a good place that has good electricity,how can i search for it? Building manager should have info about the building so what should i ask him specifically
You can buy a line dirty electricity tester and just plug it into the sockets.
You can then use one of those voltage meters to test whether the place has ground.
Maybe even get an EMF meter to test out if there might be too much EMF, e.g. if it's next to a powerline or something.

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 18 Mar 2022, 15:22

axaro1 wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 10:48
RamenRider wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 21:37
Today I installed UWP drivers to enable HAGS on my 5700xt setup and it massively improved input lag.

Fps are about the same maybe with a small improvement in 0.1% and 1% but I'm mostly noticing a big difference latency.

I used this guide:
(https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-r ... wp.437511/)

If you guys have input lag issues with Amd GPU I highly recommend to give HAGS a try (either by installing outdated drivers such as 20.5.1 Beta or by installing the latest UWP drivers).
What is this??? Seems cool??
Mugabi wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 11:27
Everytime i reinstall windows and play for the first two hours, i feel like i cheated lol, shooting and tracking and hit reg is on another level that havin shit internet become somewhat tolerable for me. I guess we are one of the unluckiest people alive. One question i would ask is ,if i want to find a good place that has good electricity,how can i search for it? Building manager should have info about the building so what should i ask him specifically
Same. Turns out Windows will reset DWM every 30 minutes or so. So you have to use the regit file to fix it. From the first/second link. https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comme ... e_disable/

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 19 Mar 2022, 06:28

RamenRider wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 15:22
axaro1 wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 10:48
What is this??? Seems cool??
There's no need for UWP drivers anymore, now HAGS for RX5000 series is natively supported by Amd driver.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

mybad

Post by mybad » 19 Mar 2022, 09:21

what about fix for nvidia?

RamenRider

Post by RamenRider » 07 Apr 2022, 16:33

I forgot how to fix this guys:

My game application has the Change High DPI Settings > Override high DPI scaling behavior options grayed out.

Melkxz

Post by Melkxz » 08 Apr 2022, 22:48

Hey, quick message to share how I fixed my latencies and heavy/weird mouse feeling. I remember reading this post last year... to only found a solution last month :

I have a ryzen 5600x/3080 on a B550 asus rog /NVME/16gb corsair

The first step I made was making sure that my PC was stable : not only game stable but stable with 0 erros in OCCT. With the xmp profile and PBO by defaut it was far from stable in my case.

I disabled PBO, and now use a fixed freq of 4400mhz. I think it helped with inconsistancies.

Now the big step was when I randomly check the memory timing table and realised that the DOCP profile (aka XMP profile) isn't using the recommended timing for my specific ram : the bank Cycle time (tRC) was something like 75 instead of 54.

I had no clue what this value is and does but I manualy put the recommanded value and felt a very very significant improvement with the latencie. However I had to drop the memory frequency to get it perfectly stable even if my ram is supposed to handle 3200mhz.

I dropped the memory freq. to 3000 for maximum stability : and voilà! It's rolling since.

What I think helped Put everything in MSI mode (big diff switch the audio chipset to msi for me).
Disable flow control and interuption management of the ethernet controller : nice impact too. Use grounded outlet.

Hope it helps someone!
Last edited by Melkxz on 09 Apr 2022, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 09 Apr 2022, 05:28

Melkxz wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 22:48
Hey, quick message to share how I fixed my latencies and heavy/weird mouse feeling. I remember reading this post last year... to only found a solution last month :

I have a ryzen 5600x/3080 on a B550 asus rog /NVME/16gb corsair

The first step I made was making sure that my PC was stable : not only game stable but stable with 0 erros in OCCT. With the xmp profile and PBO by defaut it was far from stable in my case.

I disabled PBO, and now use a fixed freq of 4400mhz. I think it helped with inconsistancies.

Now the big step was when I randomly check the memory timing table and realised that the DOCP profile (aka XMP profile) isn't using the recommended timing for my specific ram : the bank Cycle time (tRC) was something like 75 instead of 54.

I had no clue what this value is and does but I manualy put the recommanded value and felt a very very significant improvement with the latencie. However I had to drop the memory frequency to get it perfectly stable even if my ram is supposed to handle 3200mhz.

I dropped the memory freq. to 3000 for maximum stability : and voilà! It's rolling since.

What I think helped a lot too: Put everything in MSI mode (big diff switch the audio chipset to msi for me).
Disable flow control and interuption management of the ethernet controller : nice impact too. Use grounded outlet.

Hope it helps someone!
first step then second step and then out of nowhere use grounded outlet holy shit dude xD you can just say that next time
that you have no idea what you did

Melkxz

Post by Melkxz » 09 Apr 2022, 08:13

It took me 2 years to find my solution and many many hours and frustration (couldn't play competitive), so trust me I know what I did and I know it worked for me :

XMP/DOCP wasn't setting ALL the ram timings properly (I'm using a common asus rog B550 Mb). Using the recommanded maximum timings/freq showed errors and instability. So I had to lower my ram frequency to have it perfectly stable (from 3200 to 3000).

I talk about grounded outlet because I wanted to be inclusive with everything I did but I'm not sure it had an impact (don't be mistaken I already tried everything possible and readable not only on this forum but on the net). I'll edit my post because apparently it confused you. And if it did, it was very very minor compared to this.

Melkxz

Post by Melkxz » 10 Apr 2022, 04:18

I thought evident in my post that the key element was that my motherboard's XMP/DOCP profile wasn't setting up all the timings value correctly : tRC value was wrong and cause an important latency.

Everything else had minor to no impact compared to this.

woodyfly

Post by woodyfly » 13 Apr 2022, 22:12

Melkxz wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:13
It took me 2 years to find my solution and many many hours and frustration (couldn't play competitive), so trust me I know what I did and I know it worked for me :

XMP/DOCP wasn't setting ALL the ram timings properly (I'm using a common asus rog B550 Mb). Using the recommanded maximum timings/freq showed errors and instability. So I had to lower my ram frequency to have it perfectly stable (from 3200 to 3000).

I talk about grounded outlet because I wanted to be inclusive with everything I did but I'm not sure it had an impact (don't be mistaken I already tried everything possible and readable not only on this forum but on the net). I'll edit my post because apparently it confused you. And if it did, it was very very minor compared to this.
Soooo much placebo everywhere. Right lowering ur ram by 200 mhz fixed all ur issues lol