I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RamenRider

Re: I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Post by RamenRider » 04 Jul 2020, 01:34

Yes that's good. But you are missing the hypothesis I made when I discovered everyone either has a CursedOS or a Perfect/non-broken windows depending on what time you installed Windows. Usually older 2018 or older installs don't have problems while newer installs have problems, even if they are both updated to the same version.

Either that or it's some other problem. :?:

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 05 Jul 2020, 09:13

senny22 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 16:10
Mr1991 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 15:16
RamenRider wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 08:56
I've gotten this far. It's too late for me now. I've found almost every possible tweak there is. This final tweaks goes down to the root core of the problem. Everything else is just Icing on the cake.
Bare install of w7 is still better than tweaked 10
Even though you have a ryzen 3000 series that isn't supported on windows 7 and can't benefit from it's optimizations?
If by unsupported you mean no usb drivers? You can get custom ones, and what optimizations? Windows 7 is simply a lighter, more bare bones os, and that's not even taking into account that u can disable dwm natively.

empleat

Post by empleat » 05 Dec 2020, 18:47

RamenRider wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 01:34
Yes that's good. But you are missing the hypothesis I made when I discovered everyone either has a CursedOS or a Perfect/non-broken windows depending on what time you installed Windows. Usually older 2018 or older installs don't have problems while newer installs have problems, even if they are both updated to the same version.

I think this works to disable DWM! https://superuser.com/questions/1509013 ... ws-10-1903 I am on 2004 NOW!
Not entirely sure now, as was messing with game config earlier, but after doing this, it seems mouse is more snappier! While mouse on Windows 10 feels laggy thanks to DWM. This came closer to Win7 feel. I would say 99% chance it works, mouse feels better and more responsive after doing this, can aim better, previously mouse felt sluggish! Also when i jump between game and desktop mouse feels more laggy, this should disable DWM only when in-game as far as i know! Also can confirm lowering priority and i/o priority works, mouse feels more responsive, but i need alt-tabs and don't want to mess with that atm, don't have space for backup - tried that on VM...

Also how do you know Fullscreen Optimizations feature is turned off? I tried almost everything from this thread and others. But i have no way of verifying, whether or not it is disabled! Since i read: disabling it doesn't work since 1703 build and on reddit! And from multiple sources, so now i am not sure, whether or not even this is off!

Also disabling hw acceleration in windows, article say locate graphics key. Does it mean avalon graphics? But that works only if you didn't install drivers. As hw acceleration is managed by nvidia and can't be turned off. But you want probably to disable features, which use hw acceleration in windows like UWP apps and background apps. In this case, that article doesn't apply to that! I wonder, whether or not something is still there, which uses hw accleration?!

disabling smooth scrolling and hw acceleration in control panel and internet options, also changing display language to us philiphines reduce lag, one great user x7007 found out! Not sure if you know this now... I think it was you that first part :D

Thanks for this post i found some tips i didn't know!

Also this reduced input lag for me, but careful with changing some of these! https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comme ... le_gaming/

Give me more :lol:

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 05 Dec 2020, 23:16

empleat wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 18:47
RamenRider wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 01:34

I think this works to disable DWM! https://superuser.com/questions/1509013 ... ws-10-1903 I am on 2004 NOW!
Not entirely sure now, as was messing with game config earlier, but after doing this, it seems mouse is more snappier! While mouse on Windows 10 feels laggy thanks to DWM. This came closer to Win7 feel. I would say 99% chance it works, mouse feels better and more responsive after doing this, can aim better, previously mouse felt sluggish! Also when i jump between game and desktop mouse feels more laggy, this should disable DWM only when in-game as far as i know! Also can confirm lowering priority and i/o priority works, mouse feels more responsive, but i need alt-tabs and don't want to mess with that atm, don't have space for backup - tried that on VM...

Also how do you know Fullscreen Optimizations feature is turned off? I tried almost everything from this thread and others. But i have no way of verifying, whether or not it is disabled! Since i read: disabling it doesn't work since 1703 build and on reddit! And from multiple sources, so now i am not sure, whether or not even this is off!

Also disabling hw acceleration in windows, article say locate graphics key. Does it mean avalon graphics? But that works only if you didn't install drivers. As hw acceleration is managed by nvidia and can't be turned off. But you want probably to disable features, which use hw acceleration in windows like UWP apps and background apps. In this case, that article doesn't apply to that! I wonder, whether or not something is still there, which uses hw accleration?!

disabling smooth scrolling and hw acceleration in control panel and internet options, also changing display language to us philiphines reduce lag, one great user x7007 found out! Not sure if you know this now... I think it was you that first part :D

Thanks for this post i found some tips i didn't know!

Also this reduced input lag for me, but careful with changing some of these! https://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowPC/comme ... le_gaming/

Give me more :lol:
stop reading after user x7007

empleat

Post by empleat » 06 Dec 2020, 21:09

Unixko wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 23:16
Wut? This user found out about english philiphines, it has much lower input lag. Check blurbusters input lag ab test, how much input lag you can tell, me even 6 ms. I can tell, it makes all the difference in the world actually! Maybe don't post, if you don't have anything relevant to say, don't get :oops: :x

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 07 Dec 2020, 03:04

empleat wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:09
Unixko wrote:
Wut? This user found out about english philiphines, it has much lower input lag. Check blurbusters input lag ab test, how much input lag you can tell, me even 6 ms. I can tell, it makes all the difference in the world actually! Maybe don't post, if you don't have anything relevant to say, don't get :oops: :x
change keyboard language has nothing to do with input lag
i read all delusional post from x7007 in OC

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 07 Dec 2020, 07:57

Isn't x7007 the guy who spent a thousands of dollars for UPSes, PC parts, electricians and other stuff without even showing his issues?

ffs_

Post by ffs_ » 07 Dec 2020, 08:17

This is the guy who finds some new "solution" which "fixes" everything, but after few days he always realizes that it didn't fix anything.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 07 Dec 2020, 09:10

ffs_ wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 08:17
This is the guy who finds some new "solution" which "fixes" everything, but after few days he always realizes that it didn't fix anything.
true true

empleat

Post by empleat » 07 Dec 2020, 09:38

Unixko wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 03:04
empleat wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:09
Unixko wrote:
change keyboard language has nothing to do with input lag
i read all delusional post from x7007 in OC
LMAO i tested myself with blurbuster's input lag AB test and i could tell even 6ms difference. Also i was supreme master class in cs go and i very sensitive to input lag! I can tell difference after changing this! How would you know that changing language hasn't to do anything with input lag?! Also it wasn't keyboard language but display! Unless you know how languages work exactly in Windows, if not than you don't know if it could cause input! There are a lot of bugs and weird things in windows, which affect input lag!

Also because one user is wrong in some things, doesn't make him automatically wrong in everything...

You know there are problems, if there is bad grounding in your house, can literally cause mouse jitter and weird input lag! So maybe that's why he was getting UPS. Also don't see anything delusional on this!