I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
empleat

Re: I'M SO CLOSE TO FINISHING MY INPUT LAG!

Post by empleat » 21 Mar 2021, 09:03

braavosraider wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 01:02
So do I just need to test each tweak from the beginning of the INPUT LAG journey?? since the OP post looks like storyline do all the tweaks still need to be implemented, especially older one like here https://community.amd.com/message/2958691 or just follow the latest one?
Don't test anything unless you know exactly what it exactly does and do full system backups!!! You could theoretically damage your computer, depends on stuff. But hardcore stuff is in categories advanced/superadvanced! Rest should be harmless mostly! Still what I said at start of this post...

It really depends, there are stuff from Windows NT times, which still works. But does they need to be implemented? Again you need to decide by what you google, if you need to implement them! It is not like: implement all these and you are set for life. So there is no single answer! But if you have questions about some particular tweaks just ask here...

Windows 10 is constantly figuring how to debloat something... And there new technologies, on each something works better or worse...

These are for AMD, which requires a lot of optimization, because intel and ms boycott it!

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 May 2021, 00:11

Where is the link for the guide please

empleat

Post by empleat » 04 May 2021, 15:19

Which one? If you mean this (download link from OP thread) these stuff you can download. I realized that mediafire deletes content til 14 days without acc, I just re-uploaded majority of these tweaks to my google disk... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by empleat on 01 Jun 2021, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

ELK

Post by ELK » 13 May 2021, 04:43

can you upload it somewhere else I don't want to pay mediafire 90$

empleat

Post by empleat » 16 May 2021, 12:17

I had same request... I already talked to RamenRider, but it is not OP's disk!!! It is someone's else called - LowSpecChaos, he has twitter which was listed somewhere on mediafire disk. But given: you want to google all changes first and understand them anyway before applying them... But I agree it would be more practical as one download... I gave you list (in one of my previous posts) of some of more important tweaks, check them out. Actually, I have downloaded them all, I can make download link for you later :lol: :lol: :lol: But windows couldn't even create path of this length so I have half of them on google disk, but I named them same +-

empleat

Post by empleat » 18 May 2021, 08:48

REUPLOADED TO google disk! I kept names same, you should be able tell what is what pretty easily. They should be all except some superadvanced I didn't save. Also they download as .txt I guess so you don't apply them by mistake, just delete .txt appendix if you want to apply .reg file! Same you should understand them on 100% before applying anything! And click on given registry key your are about to edit and click export to backup registry before editing for EZ revert! Don't backup whole registry, only keys you are editing!
Last edited by empleat on 01 Jun 2021, 11:31, edited 3 times in total.

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 18 May 2021, 10:16

empleat wrote:
18 May 2021, 08:48
OK I uploaded it to media fire, only problem is I had to create 2 zip files. Because 256 path limit in windows, I had to start saving files on my Google disk, so if I put that to 1 folder it would overlap. So it is split into 2 folders. But I kept names same, you should be able tell what is what pretty easily. They should be all except some superadvanced I didn't save. Also they download as .txt I guess so you don't apply them by mistake, just delete .txt appendix if you want to apply .reg file! Same you should understand them on 100% before applying anything! And click on given registry key your are about to edit and click export to backup registry before editing for EZ revert! Don't backup whole registry, only keys you are editing!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d6hsg4354a94o/all_in_1
Bunch of regedit crap which has nothing to do with input lag. Good job!

empleat

Post by empleat » 18 May 2021, 13:15

n1zoo wrote:
18 May 2021, 10:16
empleat wrote:
18 May 2021, 08:48
OK I uploaded it to media fire, only problem is I had to create 2 zip files. Because 256 path limit in windows, I had to start saving files on my Google disk, so if I put that to 1 folder it would overlap. So it is split into 2 folders. But I kept names same, you should be able tell what is what pretty easily. They should be all except some superadvanced I didn't save. Also they download as .txt I guess so you don't apply them by mistake, just delete .txt appendix if you want to apply .reg file! Same you should understand them on 100% before applying anything! And click on given registry key your are about to edit and click export to backup registry before editing for EZ revert! Don't backup whole registry, only keys you are editing!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/d6hsg4354a94o/all_in_1
Bunch of regedit crap which has nothing to do with input lag. Good job!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

First it is not my upload, it is LowSpecChaos's upload. And if they don't affect anything, why are you so mad? So it doesn't affect anything according to you, so what?

There is registry entry for example how to make disable FSO to work, which affects input lag greatly! Or disabling appearance effects of DWM which is known to cause huge lag and was disabled by CS GO pro gamers in windows 7 and visual effects... Or mi malloc? Mallocs can affect input lag pretty much and fps! There are various things which affect input lag, maybe you can't tell... Also they used to disable ClearType and smooth edges of screen fonts, or windows visual effects, you can try yourself, it would surprise me honestly, if you couldn't tell. Or try Windows8DPIscalling, or it was 8.1 ?

Windows 10 is resource hog and GUI take so much resources... Also there are changes pertaining hardware. There is honestly so much and yes it affects input lag... And then there is bunch of random stuff also.

So for instance FSO: tell me how it doesn't affect input lag? Windowed modes have worse input lag, it was tested on 1000 fps camera + in windowed DWM force V-Sync automatically using its own method...

I Am interested what would you say to this, as not every part can be tested on input lag individually. So we have anecdotes mostly. But e.g. everyone can tell difference between 500 hz, or 1000hz mouse right? Or at least one would think! Lets just say for simplicity, it is 1ms always difference of input lag. So how come 1ms can be such a big deal? Because you have 144 frames and if it lag each time up to 1ms, you can notice it over time, as it scales... Or maybe you play on 60 hz monitor/125hz mouse and claim we can't see more then 24 fps :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: buy 1000 fps camera to prove me wrong, or this maybe: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/syste ... st-5897615 or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MaeJbd1xaM If you are so passionate in arguing against input lag!

BTW they are studies proving that 360hz monitors make tracking of target easier, computers are complex system with many bottlenecks everywhere... There are millions of things to improve... Oh and how come people can discern 1khz mouse to jitter on 360hz monitor, if it is even such small input lag of 1ms?

FrannPV

Post by FrannPV » 30 Jun 2021, 09:17

Hey @empleat, i just registered only to say thanks dude, thanks for the work it's highly appreciated. Btw i agree with some other guys that the files were a mess and i literally didn't know what should i enable and what not but what you said, i quote:
Check in SlimWindowsSystem Options/ Animations & Theme Options:
- explorer tweaks
- dwm tweaks
- applications options/gamebar.../honoruserfullscreensettings (you need to also check in compatibility tab to disable Fullscreen Optimizations - check my post above
- same section disableDVR, gameBAR, presence writer etc.
That helped a lot lol the way you explained on the first post looked like if there were only a few files and called exactly as you mentioned haha but yeah just wanted to say thanks!

jonathah

Post by jonathah » 05 Jul 2021, 16:08

@empleat Is there anyway I can directly message/contact you? I have a proposal.