CS GO Input Lag is killing Me since 1-2 Month

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Palacko

CS GO Input Lag is killing Me since 1-2 Month

Post by Palacko » 04 Aug 2020, 17:07

Hello guys, first of all i know there are so many Topics about this and i have read about 100h+ now in every forum.
I got today my brand new PC where i thought everything would run perfect smooth and it did for about 1-2h.
Maybe i should test it for more hours - but i cant imagine its because of grounding or electricity (live in Austria)
PC is: 10900K with 2080 Super and all brand new stuff like 3600mhz Ram,...
Monitor is the Zowie XL2546S
Mouses: Zowie EC2B or G Pro from Logitech

When i got my PC today it run realy sooo smooth - i feeled the difference in the Menu of CS GO it was so damn smooth and good.
After that i tried to get back to my old Settings because i dont play on 16:9 so i did this to my PC:

Me (dumb Idiot did this)
1 downloaded discord and disabled just the overlay
2 changed in nvidia settings only: gsync off and scale to full display because i play 4:3 streched 1280x960
3 i put in the config + autoexec i got about 1 year ago from a friend - while i got this config + autoexec i became a better player (7-800h Global - doesnt matter)
4 changed energy option to high

by the way i get in the game 5-600FPS but capped them to 400 or 300.

after this steps above i tried again to play - couldnt hit anything hitreg off mouse feels like on ice - it feeled so much accelerated and weird.

then i tried to get this steps back like i changed nvidia back- deinstalled discord and deinstalled also steam + cs go and installed it again.
Also tried with launch option -autoconfig which sets everything to default.

and after putting everything back - my mouse feeled still like shit no spraycontrol possible everything is delayed enemys preshooting me.

sorry for my English - maybe someone could help me i am so fucking confused about that.
Was is really the Settings i did above or is it maybe realy something with electricity or grounding but that should be from the beginning i think.

Best Regards Danijel

milojr21

Re: CS GO Input Lag is killing Me since 1-2 Month

Post by milojr21 » 05 Aug 2020, 04:53

Did you set power option back to Balanced? Just do a fresh install

Palacko

Post by Palacko » 05 Aug 2020, 05:52

milojr21 wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 04:53
Did you set power option back to Balanced? Just do a fresh install
I put it back to Balanced - but doesn't change anything.
Also fresh installed Windows again with all the drivers - installed only Steam started it feels laggy delayed and weird mouse.
i don't know what to do - when the PC came from the Company fresh installed it worked good for 1h after that I installed the discord and changed to 4:3 - since then can't fix it back :S

Happyalive

Post by Happyalive » 05 Aug 2020, 06:33

The fact that you said "3600mhz ram" makes me think you haven't really done anything with it, or know much about it. Overclock your ram, and probably consider buying something better. There are guides all over, just remember to use cr1.

As far as windows is concered, you should probably at least try w7. No matter if you do or don't, read this guide; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c2- ... mrau4/edit

Mess around with profiles / settings in nvidiaprofileinspector, there's a forum thread here on it. Read r0ach's bios post on ocn if you haven't already, at least -no-browser steam for playing games.

chenifa

Post by chenifa » 05 Aug 2020, 08:33

What I would do:
1. Do a clean graphic driver install with this https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial
2. In nvidia 3d settings change vsync to "forced off", and power plan to "Prefer maximum performance" (don't change anyhting else yet)
3. Disable g-sync in nvidia control panel -> Close the control panel -> Turn off your monitor, then turn it back on -> On your monitor, press the button next to the off-switch, then the next one on the left -> navigate to "system" then to "information" -> "current reolution" and "optimum resolution" should both be "1920x 1080@240" and there should be no mention of freesync etc.
4. Uninstall any mouse software
5. Reboot PC and don't launch any program like discord etc.
6. Delete your csgo config and autoexec(make backup first)
7. Go into CSGO and turn off vsync in settings

See if that changes anything.

Palacko

Post by Palacko » 05 Aug 2020, 11:07

Happyalive wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 06:33
The fact that you said "3600mhz ram" makes me think you haven't really done anything with it, or know much about it. Overclock your ram, and probably consider buying something better. There are guides all over, just remember to use cr1.

As far as windows is concered, you should probably at least try w7. No matter if you do or don't, read this guide; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c2- ... mrau4/edit

Mess around with profiles / settings in nvidiaprofileinspector, there's a forum thread here on it. Read r0ach's bios post on ocn if you haven't already, at least -no-browser steam for playing games.
Hey, i think this ram matches nearly the best with my cpu its the dominator platinum from corsair - no need to overclock it cause its not the problem.
I will give win7 a try just to see if there s a difference. Thanks for your help!
chenifa wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 08:33
What I would do:
1. Do a clean graphic driver install with this https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial
2. In nvidia 3d settings change vsync to "forced off", and power plan to "Prefer maximum performance" (don't change anyhting else yet)
3. Disable g-sync in nvidia control panel -> Close the control panel -> Turn off your monitor, then turn it back on -> On your monitor, press the button next to the off-switch, then the next one on the left -> navigate to "system" then to "information" -> "current reolution" and "optimum resolution" should both be "1920x 1080@240" and there should be no mention of freesync etc.
4. Uninstall any mouse software
5. Reboot PC and don't launch any program like discord etc.
6. Delete your csgo config and autoexec(make backup first)
7. Go into CSGO and turn off vsync in settings

See if that changes anything.
Hey, thank you for this long answer.
I will follow your steps cause they also seem to be close to the problem - maybe they solve them, if so you will get a gift from me 😅
Thank you very much and i will give a feedback when i find time to try it out.
Thanks!!
Last edited by RealNC on 05 Aug 2020, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 05 Aug 2020, 11:27

Check the pc in all rooms and all jacks.
Your problem is not pc, game or OS, but electricity. (Grounding is not important)
Nobody knows what it is, but it is definitely electricity.

davidoo

Post by davidoo » 14 Aug 2020, 21:02

TN_fun wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 11:27
Your problem is not pc, game or OS, but electricity. (Grounding is not important)

If the problem is electricity. How would you solve this? Hmm.

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 15 Aug 2020, 01:09

davidoo wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 21:02
TN_fun wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 11:27

If the problem is electricity. How would you solve this? Hmm.
i dont think you can its like prison break Scylla you can only run from this place where you live feels like