Input lag and eSport. Every gamer should know this.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
1000WATT

Re: Input lag and eSport. Every gamer should know this.

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Aug 2020, 17:20

nuggify wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 16:20
1. I have 3 all metal cases for my desktops.

2. Tried it and it provides no benefit.

3. I have an double conversion UPS that sends the main AC through a rectifier. This is the best possible UPS you can buy for solving A/C main power issues.
You may have misunderstood. I have not proposed items 1-5 as separate solutions.
This is a comprehensive solution.

1-2 Prevents electromagnetic radiation from entering from sources such as wi-fi, cell phones, etc.
3-5 As a temporary replacement for a high-quality current converter. The standard battery is removed from the UPS, and the stamps are connected to the car battery. Of course, the power grid is not connected.
And only then, if it helps solve the problem. You will have to buy a quality converter.
Since it is unlikely that a cheap UPS can act as a 24/7 converter.
It makes no sense to consider this method separately.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 28 Aug 2020, 17:30

You understand that yes I have tried them all at the same time. Although I have seen all of this work while running on UPS battery, it is not a substantial or practical solution. We want to know why our PCs behave this way when connected to the AC mains. Thanks for telling us we have made up the entire thing then pretend to want to assist us.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 28 Aug 2020, 17:43

nuggify wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 17:30
You understand that yes I have tried them all at the same time. Although I have seen all of this work while running on UPS battery, it is not a substantial or practical solution. We want to know why our PCs behave this way when connected to the AC mains. Thanks for telling us we have made up the entire thing then pretend to want to assist us.
thats not completely fair he didnt know everything uve tried and was providing a potential solution he did come off as pompous while doing it but thats a different story anyways keep the forum updated with all the stuff tried and all measurements its gonna get alot more attention and fix alot more problems for alot more people than just keeping theories and experiments in discord

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Aug 2020, 17:48

nuggify wrote:
If this solution does not suit you for some reason, this does not mean that there will not be a person who will repeat this working method. A person who does not want to wait for a miracle, but wants to solve this problem now.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Aug 2020, 17:58

If you appreciate the emotional message of my posts, I will disappoint you. You are evaluating google translate.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 28 Aug 2020, 18:00

Obviously I'm not welcome here. I'll go clean the snow off the street and feed my bear.

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 28 Aug 2020, 18:08

1000WATT wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 18:00
Obviously I'm not welcome here. I'll go clean the snow off the street and feed my bear.
stay any proposed theory might be helpful and you may have things to add that havent been tried im pretty sure im speaking for me and nuggify when i say we overlooked the fact that youre using google translate

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 28 Aug 2020, 18:11

nick4567 wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 18:08
1000WATT wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 18:00
stay any proposed theory might be helpful and you may have things to add that havent been tried im pretty sure im speaking for me and nuggify when i say we overlooked the fact that youre using google translate
he is abusing google translate

dendu

Post by dendu » 29 Aug 2020, 00:36

1000WATT wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 17:48
nuggify wrote:
If this solution does not suit you for some reason, this does not mean that there will not be a person who will repeat this working method. A person who does not want to wait for a miracle, but wants to solve this problem now.
I have some experience using a home solar electrical system. It is gathering dust at the moment:

My system as a whole worked well enough (solid 7 years of service), but after needing to replace the battery bank, I decided to disable it all. Normal car batteries are poorly suited for this use case and will not last more than 2 years with good maintenance. There are specialty deep cycle solar batteries that cost about triple the price and have triple the life. An in-between is golf cart batteries, which are also made to be cycled (drained and then recharged daily) .

To run a reasonable small house load and have always on power(24 hours), I needed a bank of about 8-12 batteries.

This battery is what would be ideal to use:
These and any other lead-acid batteries can give off hazardous gases while being charged when not maintained properly. Monthly maintenance includes keeping the distilled water filled and keeping the terminals clean and free from sulfur buildup.

https://goodforgas.com/hazardous-gases- ... -stations/
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/q ... -like-a-be

If you don't have a well ventilated environment safe for the batteries, you could try using dry sealed batteries, which don't emit gasses:
However these are considerably more expensive and most aren't made for the daily drain/recharge cycle.

In either case please don't store in-use batteries in or near living areas that people use.

The next important piece is the inverter, which converts DC power to AC.

These little inverters made for car use are not up to the task of running for prolonged periods. I have killed plenty of them:
These are quite cheap and readily available, I feel that anything that needs clean power should stay away from plugging into these. Although, I did use them just fine with old laptops.

A more substantial inverter is still not up to the task of running all day, this one needed to be repaired after working good for a few hours and then still retired after lighter usage:

In order to make the whole system functional, this inverter was used and was also the most expensive part of the system:
I recommend if you are going to use a powerful gaming PC to find a "Pure Sine Wave Bidirectional Inverter" that meets your power requirements.

If your home doesn't have electricity or the power is very unreliable/unstable coming from an external utilities/power plant because you are far away/rural, then I highly recommended studying more about solar electrical systems. The costs have come down significantly in recent times.

Bonus wildlife surprise:

Ekwalipt

Post by Ekwalipt » 29 Aug 2020, 00:54

1000WATT wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 13:38
Ekwalipt wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 12:47
You say that the number of eSports players does not depend on the fact that almost all people on the planet have input lag? Then you're wrong, because players like me would have a level of play no worse than Simple and the rest of the "legends" who are considered supposedly superhumans with super reactions, but these are ordinary people who have just perfect conditions and who are lucky and there are very few of them on the planet.
I gave you a simple, cheap and 100% working solution related to the electrical grid.
Apparently, it is the electricity problems that, in your opinion, separate you from the glory of s1mple.
when you receive your check, with the prize money, please remember about "blurbusters", the Chief will gladly accept donations.
When I said the phrase "almost all people on the planet have an input lag", I'm talking about a number that is enough to make scientists and engineers interested in the problem.

I try to speak loudly so that I can be heard and that people will come across my post more.(Understand that this is better than just describing facts - it will speed up the process of awareness of other people) At the same time, I try not to contradict the real facts: it can be 20% of gamers or 90%.

Also, the percentage depends on how strong or weak the degree of input lag is for players, and in which points of the planet it is stronger and in which it is weaker. It is assumed that the more non-linear loads in the electrical network in the area of the house/district/city, the more input lag in these areas

I don't know the exact percentage, since I can't collect statistics alone. But I know for sure that these people are enough for the problem to be considered global, I made this conclusion when I checked 4 apartments in my city and there was a problem everywhere, and also based on the fact that a large number of people write to me in private messages and comments under the video that they have the same symptoms.

P.S. When I said that people like me will play at the level of eSports players, including at the level of s1mple, I did not exaggerate a bit. I do not know the exact number of people who have the same high degree of input lag as me, but I know that if there are a lot of them, the percentage of eSports players or professional players will increase by the same amount.

To become an eSports player, you must first become a professional. If there are a lot of people among gamers who have an input lag, they will not even be able to become professionals, and even more so they will not become eSports athletes. This is how I connected the fact that the number of eSports players depends on the input lag, which is currently 0.02% of the total number of gamers in Russla. I think that in other countries the figure is not much different.

In General, if a person feels any inconvenience to the mouse and at the same time he changed the computer, devices, tried a lot of settings, and the problem did not disappear, then this is the main symptom of the problem with electricity.

We have to wait, because it's only a matter of time. Over time, there will be a way to present evidence in the form of numbers, but I don't know if I will be able to do this within this year or next. Maybe it can be done by someone else who has suffered so much from this problem that he is ready to go to other cities.

As I have already said: 15 years is the maximum period when the problem should be recognized(intuition+ facts give this figure. After all, the number of people with this problem is growing more and more-exponentially), I just try to speed up this process by collecting evidence as early as possible.

I repeat that evidence is needed so that scientists and engineers can deal with the problem. I would be happy to participate with them. I think that in the future computer components will be produced with protection from these interference in the form of special filters on the motherboard, processor, video card, etc. These are details.

Maybe they will find a way to embed the earthing of components somewhere on the motherboard itself. This is my main goal, since only engineers and scientists will be able to determine a 100% solution that can be tested by various programs or devices, and not just by feeling.

The most important thing is that the problem becomes known to the majority.