Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Post by RealNC » 26 Jan 2022, 09:27

I've deleted the shitposts and I would like to ask everyone to not treat this forum as if it was Reddit. Thanks.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

wadge

Post by wadge » 31 Jan 2022, 10:09

I did play on wifi the past few days just to try and i have to admit that i definitly die less quicker then when i'm playing on ethernet...
It doesnt feel like ennemies are 2sec ahead of me !

The only downside is that i get freeze from time to time (in warzone) and i now have to find a way to make it as stable as possible

Boop

Post by Boop » 31 Jan 2022, 12:45

blackmagic wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 23:39
maestroo wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 18:19
Some of u just need to get good, i see dude here saying he is bronze and he is blaming any external factor? come on...
sure dude, sure...

the "get good" believers still here.

when the day comes and you drop suddenly to lower rank and your kad goes from 2.0 to 1.0 in just some week and you cant explain why and what happened... but you see with your eyes and feel 24/7 that something is very wrong and not more alright with your online gaming performance and nothing more helps to improve and get better...
then pls dont cry and dont blame external factors ok ? maybe its just you and your skills ? or your age ?

have nice day.

and i hope you dont get these external factors one day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-UsgUP ... TKValorant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpsZviS ... annel=d0ny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwweNdR ... =Rainopher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQvrpu ... maplesnale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_i0OLP ... =NateDioro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJU17E ... ongJohnson

the strength of this external factor can vary and happens on all level...
but what if i tell you that this can happen 24/7 and be the reason why some stuck at low rank and tryharding...
you dont believe boy ?

if you start to noctice one day an unexplainable disadvantage in your pro online gamer career...dont blame external factors. ;)
just tryharder and get good.
high rank pros never cry about hitreg or input desync and that why they are pros.
but if a low rank does this...he just bad and need just get good.

this logic is beautiful. pure facts.
god pls save the humanity and there high iq.
i will pray for you all...day by day.
amen.

Valorant has lots of graphs and UI elements to troubleshoot network issues. All those Youtube clips don't have any of the network graphs turned on so it's hard to see what is causing the problem. If you watch Valorant pro Steel on Twitch, you'll see he suffers from network jitter heavily and runs into all kinds of weirdness in-game. He leaves the network latency graph turned on so it's easier to see when there's something network related causing hitreg problems.

https://www.twitch.tv/steel_tv/ You will see his network latency jump all over the place.

Enable the following UI graphs and record your gameplay problems with OBS/Shadowplay:
Inbound packet loss
Outbound packet loss
Network Latency

In almost every scenario where I've felt like I've been cheated out of a kill I reviewed my recording and saw either jitter or packet loss. The scenarios that weren't network related seemed to be RNG recoil or first bullet inaccuracy due to the game design.
Valorant added first bullet inaccuracy after beta so it's similar to Counter-Strike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyvTH_6gLUo

Boop

Post by Boop » 31 Jan 2022, 18:44

blackmagic wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 18:03
i think there something more going on here with hitreg and latency/input in online than just jitter or some hidden packetlosses...

i already tried many things here since the day i start notice this "external disadvantage" and all this shit here...i change providers, try other apartment, lte and more..but nothing...no progress...and no big changes that would just point at something...its all hardcore and mindfuck. but maybe i was just blind or very unlucky or missed something or i am just stupid.

only thing that i noticed very often was that after a windows reinstall everything seems fixed but that worked not always out and only lasted for some minutes and like 2 matches where i could feel a big change in my online matches. but then everything just degraded to the bad state again and again where i could clearly see that something is very wrong and i am like behind enemy in everything what i am doing and like not more in sync...its pure shit.

you feel like someone jokes on you and everthing turns to unnormal unfair and not fun at all...
muscle memory just dont works with that shit...no matter how hard focus and tryhard.

but after many years of searching the reason of this degrading performance in my online:
only the method with 2 pc 2 accounts and join a server as 2 player and then drop fps on 1 pc...for some reason this method somehow fixed everything after some tries for me and everything just changed to pure advantage where i start rekt silvers with very easy ...no more feel of some bullshit when i go 1vs1 no more behind the time or having always this disadvantage feel when face enemy..

but the best progress on this method is that it was not degrading like it happened with every other thousand bullshit fixes and tweakes that i tried here over the last years...
with that method it just stayed stable and good until i leave game. i played 10..20 matches and just feel same and in full control on and with my skills.

and that the progress that i cleary make here and i finally could see and obeserve that all shit with my eyes in all details. its crazy...i am even some scared here because that shit is just unbelieveable but is 100% real and this disadvantage is that what can hold someone reall hard back in online games and even make stuck in really lowish ranks...because muscle memory never gonna get adapt to this and you lose the easiest 1vs1 even when tryhard the shit out of your pro gamer soul...

but a player with not so much experience would not even notice that all and would probably not even care...but that reason why many players are so blind to this and dont believe and think that only SKILLS matters and nothing more...xD
and i am even sure that this shit is happens even on higher levels too at some point but on lower rank it feels much worse and just more pain this all...especially then when u stuck and you clearly feel this "external disadvantage barriere" that hold you back but you know 100% that it all has nothing to do with "your skills" and something else going on behind the scenes...

that what can make a player go crazy that one day wakes up and just notices this all unfairness where skill clearly dont rly plays a role more but more the tech side...

i just only need to understand why and how that all possible and who to blame...

its no bullshit what i am say here and i can even proof that very soon.
1) Turn on the various graphs and logging in Valorant under the Stats menu.
    Render latency, CPU time, Frame time, Network latency, Packet send/receive rate, Inbound Packet Loss, Outbound Packet Loss, Client FPS, Server Tickrate, etc.

2) Start recording

3) Recreate the problem

4) Review recordings

5) Try to isolate the issue

6) If needed, contact Riot Games support for assistance

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 01 Feb 2022, 05:00

blackmagic wrote:
    31 Jan 2022, 19:23
    Boop wrote:
    31 Jan 2022, 18:44
    blackmagic wrote:
    31 Jan 2022, 18:03
    i think there something more going on here with hitreg and latency/input in online than just jitter or some hidden packetlosses...

i already tried many things here since the day i start notice this "external disadvantage" and all this shit here...i change providers, try other apartment, lte and more..but nothing...no progress...and no big changes that would just point at something...its all hardcore and mindfuck. but maybe i was just blind or very unlucky or missed something or i am just stupid.

only thing that i noticed very often was that after a windows reinstall everything seems fixed but that worked not always out and only lasted for some minutes and like 2 matches where i could feel a big change in my online matches. but then everything just degraded to the bad state again and again where i could clearly see that something is very wrong and i am like behind enemy in everything what i am doing and like not more in sync...its pure shit.

you feel like someone jokes on you and everthing turns to unnormal unfair and not fun at all...
    muscle memory just dont works with that shit...no matter how hard focus and tryhard.

but after many years of searching the reason of this degrading performance in my online:
    only the method with 2 pc 2 accounts and join a server as 2 player and then drop fps on 1 pc...for some reason this method somehow fixed everything after some tries for me and everything just changed to pure advantage where i start rekt silvers with very easy ...no more feel of some bullshit when i go 1vs1 no more behind the time or having always this disadvantage feel when face enemy..

but the best progress on this method is that it was not degrading like it happened with every other thousand bullshit fixes and tweakes that i tried here over the last years...
    with that method it just stayed stable and good until i leave game. i played 10..20 matches and just feel same and in full control on and with my skills.

and that the progress that i cleary make here and i finally could see and obeserve that all shit with my eyes in all details. its crazy...i am even some scared here because that shit is just unbelieveable but is 100% real and this disadvantage is that what can hold someone reall hard back in online games and even make stuck in really lowish ranks...because muscle memory never gonna get adapt to this and you lose the easiest 1vs1 even when tryhard the shit out of your pro gamer soul...

but a player with not so much experience would not even notice that all and would probably not even care...but that reason why many players are so blind to this and dont believe and think that only SKILLS matters and nothing more...xD
    and i am even sure that this shit is happens even on higher levels too at some point but on lower rank it feels much worse and just more pain this all...especially then when u stuck and you clearly feel this "external disadvantage barriere" that hold you back but you know 100% that it all has nothing to do with "your skills" and something else going on behind the scenes...

that what can make a player go crazy that one day wakes up and just notices this all unfairness where skill clearly dont rly plays a role more but more the tech side...

i just only need to understand why and how that all possible and who to blame...

its no bullshit what i am say here and i can even proof that very soon.
    1) Turn on the various graphs and logging in Valorant under the Stats menu.
      Render latency, CPU time, Frame time, Network latency, Packet send/receive rate, Inbound Packet Loss, Outbound Packet Loss, Client FPS, Server Tickrate, etc.

2) Start recording

3) Recreate the problem

4) Review recordings

5) Try to isolate the issue

6) If needed, contact Riot Games support for assistance
      yes that what i am doing right now and already done some work on this...

i still try figure out the cause and just want understand and see those parameters and numbers that changes and get the difference on paper...
      but its still not all so easy and clear...

maybe i gonna need help from this forum and other people...gonna post soon those clips with this "difference" and "stats" and all "numbers".

i just want make it all clear as possible and easy to all...so that everyone gonna see and understand everything at first view/review.
      and so that all "unbelievers" gonna stay away and just shut up forever after that.
      that my mission and priority number one.

but...
      1. if this crazy method is fixing everthing for me and nothing degrading more to bad after many hours of play...

2. then this shit must be fixable from my side somehow and there exist probably a simple answer and explanation on this all..which cost me many years and frustration since this issue appear here and i start notice it.

that what i believe right now and just hope i get very soon my answers on this all.
      this method will not work on faceit or matchmaking game right? one computer need to connect to the same server? or i can join offline map and cap the fps? i cant connect 1 more lan to other pc but i have an wifi extender it will work? one pc with pan ethernet and the other one with wifi?

Plznoinputlag

Post by Plznoinputlag » 01 Feb 2022, 12:57

blackmagic wrote:
      01 Feb 2022, 11:30
      @Plznoinputlag

i dont know if this gonna work in any other online competetive games...cause i still dont tried that.

but in valorant it worked in competetive matchmaking and in deathmatch...

my thereory right now is:

it has something to do with frames and maybe the speedrate of sending/receiving packets.

you tried to drop fps to like 15 or 30 fps and just play for some minutes with low fps ? what happens after you go back to normal fps ? you feel any improvements or changes ?

for me here i could cleary notice small improvements when done this process but it all lasted not for long degraded asap to the bad state again.

but with the method i get a huge improvement and it stayed like that and dont degraded for many matches that i played.

you can try with wifi too...

important is just that your both pc and accounts on same network/router and you add yourself as friend ingame. so that both join/search same match/server/room...
      after go and drop fps on one pc to 30fps and make it run into wall by press W with something...so that it dont get kicked by antiafk...

then go play with your main pc normal and then just observe if something changes or getting better for you.

it needs time to work and it can happen that it dont work with first try and like asap...just play 2/3 matches with that method and look if something changes for you...
      maybe i may sound stupid but all the dirty electricity emf,rmf whatever is it spreading to the other pc and the other pc stayed clean until both of them will spread by dirty electricity. i tried to plug 2 mouse in a row and one of them is a lot smoother and changes randomly. so stupid man why we cant play in peace :(

kriegsnake

Post by kriegsnake » 03 Feb 2022, 11:55

blackmagic wrote:
      01 Feb 2022, 11:30
      @Plznoinputlag

i dont know if this gonna work in any other online competetive games...cause i still dont tried that.

but in valorant it worked in competetive matchmaking and in deathmatch...

my thereory right now is:

it has something to do with frames and maybe the speedrate of sending/receiving packets.

you tried to drop fps to like 15 or 30 fps and just play for some minutes with low fps ? what happens after you go back to normal fps ? you feel any improvements or changes ?

for me here i could cleary notice small improvements when done this process but it all lasted not for long degraded asap to the bad state again.

but with the method i get a huge improvement and it stayed like that and dont degraded for many matches that i played.

you can try with wifi too...

important is just that your both pc and accounts on same network/router and you add yourself as friend ingame. so that both join/search same match/server/room...
      after go and drop fps on one pc to 30fps and make it run into wall by press W with something...so that it dont get kicked by antiafk...

then go play with your main pc normal and then just observe if something changes or getting better for you.

it needs time to work and it can happen that it dont work with first try and like asap...just play 2/3 matches with that method and look if something changes for you...
      Hey there. Is it any way to avoid this kind of 2pc setup in single game , or did you find any way out in this situation or any conclusion overall what causes this packet prioritization ?

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 11 Feb 2022, 10:01

blackmagic wrote:
      11 Feb 2022, 05:03
      kriegsnake wrote:
      03 Feb 2022, 11:55
      Hey there. Is it any way to avoid this kind of 2pc setup in single game , or did you find any way out in this situation or any conclusion overall what causes this packet prioritization ?
      no i dont find any better way and i still dont know why and how this works in valorant for me...

would be nice to find someone who could explain why that works.

i am fucking tired by this all problem here and dont even want rly to proof something more to someone because i saw already with my own eyes that it worked here and i get huge advantage with that way and it dont degraded like usually before with thousand
      windows reinstalls and other bullshit fixes that dont last for long...

but this is never a fix too and hard to setup that all and make it work and sometime it dont worked when i tried to replicate that way again...idk why...

but if someone gets a result with that method...pls comment and describe what kind of advantages you get by that way.

just dont forget to drop other pc to 30fps and press W because that is the trigger which gives me after some time on my 2nd pc this advantage and improvements...
      i suspect that this is the key somehow but i dont understand how and cant expain why.

i just saw with my eyes here that this method turn my online gaming on my 2nd pc to pure advantage and i dont feel more like behind the time or 0,5sec behind everything...

hard to explain that all and only these gonna understand that gonna see that with there own eyes too.

good luck guys.

gonna share here another method from an guy on youtube...
      maybe his method somehow are connected with my method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98CpkE ... STROHANTER

its Russlan.
      maybe someone here can translate this and explain better his method,fix and what he talks about...
      i dont fucking rly understand all and its complicated too all but his method sounds not bad...

his method works too with 2 pc but 1 pc is on server, datacenter, host, client etc...somehow like that.
      https://youtu.be/f98CpkEnu1w?t=678
      at this point he explains how his setup works and what need for that.

he says that this fixed everything for him.
      so this probably a way too...

hope this forum has some Russlan guy that can explain and translate his method in proper english and with easy words.
      You understand that video right. The method is
      all about playing own dedicated server (colocation) via parsec program.

very important: your main pc must be close to your colocation server data center as much as possible. Every millisecond is important here and you can feel this very much. < only if you will be playing online fps's, which are very sensitive for any delays
      Also, your traceroute must be good too

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 11 Feb 2022, 11:54

InputLagger wrote:
      11 Feb 2022, 10:01
      blackmagic wrote:
      11 Feb 2022, 05:03
      kriegsnake wrote:
      03 Feb 2022, 11:55
      no i dont find any better way and i still dont know why and how this works in valorant for me...

would be nice to find someone who could explain why that works.

i am fucking tired by this all problem here and dont even want rly to proof something more to someone because i saw already with my own eyes that it worked here and i get huge advantage with that way and it dont degraded like usually before with thousand
      windows reinstalls and other bullshit fixes that dont last for long...

but this is never a fix too and hard to setup that all and make it work and sometime it dont worked when i tried to replicate that way again...idk why...

but if someone gets a result with that method...pls comment and describe what kind of advantages you get by that way.

just dont forget to drop other pc to 30fps and press W because that is the trigger which gives me after some time on my 2nd pc this advantage and improvements...
      i suspect that this is the key somehow but i dont understand how and cant expain why.

i just saw with my eyes here that this method turn my online gaming on my 2nd pc to pure advantage and i dont feel more like behind the time or 0,5sec behind everything...

hard to explain that all and only these gonna understand that gonna see that with there own eyes too.

good luck guys.

gonna share here another method from an guy on youtube...
      maybe his method somehow are connected with my method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98CpkE ... STROHANTER

its Russlan.
      maybe someone here can translate this and explain better his method,fix and what he talks about...
      i dont fucking rly understand all and its complicated too all but his method sounds not bad...

his method works too with 2 pc but 1 pc is on server, datacenter, host, client etc...somehow like that.
      https://youtu.be/f98CpkEnu1w?t=678
      at this point he explains how his setup works and what need for that.

he says that this fixed everything for him.
      so this probably a way too...

hope this forum has some Russlan guy that can explain and translate his method in proper english and with easy words.
      You understand that video right. The method is
      all about playing own dedicated server (colocation) via parsec program.

very important: your main pc must be close to your colocation server data center as much as possible. Every millisecond is important here and you can feel this very much. < only if you will be playing online fps's, which are very sensitive for any delays
      Also, your traceroute must be good too
      This is very interesting as i am really sure Blackmagic is doing his best for solve this issue. Can someone (as the said) be more accurate for translating that Russlan video then maybe find the fix?

Sublo

Post by Sublo » 12 Feb 2022, 03:15

I talked with MaestroHunter personally, we live in the same city, he assembled a completely new computer, and placed it in the nearest data center, and connects to it using the Parsec program, and some other programs and services, for better mouse emulation. According to him, bad hitreg completely disappeared, this method is quite expensive, but at the moment, apparently the only option that solves the problem, in addition to moving