Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 07 Nov 2021, 18:47

I already regret joining this conversation. I never said your problems are internet related I was trying to explain how low ping does not always equate to good quality connection. Congestion on a route will add a delay to your voice call not packet loss "thats why buffers are there", which you will hardly notice even if it was up to 1000ms because there's nothing that you can measure it against precisely, unless your mate dies in a round and then5 seconds later he screams 1 Palace. But that same buffering effect you will definitely notice that visually in a time sensitive game like CSGO.

out of curiosity, you said the game works well for 1 hour after a fresh install? I remember a software called deepfreeze or something that basically creates an image of your current system as it is and will hard restore everything to the check point you created, and by everything i mean everything. I remember an internet cafe had it, the man never had any problems with viruses or what so ever. Check it out if you're interested, just do a clean install, update whatever you need, install the game do your game settings then hit that check point mark. Let me know how it goes :)
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 07 Nov 2021, 19:12

blackmagic wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 18:01
so bad internet quality is only affect online gaming udp hitreg packets but dont affect voice over ip udp packets ?

how that possible guys ?
Next time you're talking over chat with one of your friends, try something simple; have them count out loud from 1 to 10 with you at the same time; you'll probably find you won't be able to stay in sync with each other without multiple tries and some practice, if at all.

Basically, any inherently asynchronous activity, like conversations (assuming you aren't constantly interrupting each other), can mask the internet performance issues that are more apparent during (attempted) synchronous activity, such as comp.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 11 Nov 2021, 02:32

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 18:47
that basically creates an image of your current system as it is and will hard restore everything to the check point you created
I have already suggested this solution couple of times here but no one listens.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 12 Nov 2021, 02:36

JDoe wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 02:32
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 18:47
that basically creates an image of your current system as it is and will hard restore everything to the check point you created
I have already suggested this solution couple of times here but no one listens.
Maybe he just doesn't want to give up his daily 1hr activity. Some people go for a run, some go to the gym, my man reinstalls windows.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 24 Jan 2022, 18:19

Some of u just need to get good, i see dude here saying he is bronze and he is blaming any external factor? come on...

maestroo

Post by maestroo » 25 Jan 2022, 09:31

Yes and is that the reason why ur bronze or silver in valorant? We all have to deal with this. Try playing in a full immortal/radiant lobby, you would cry in tears then with the ammount of ferrari peaking.

I'm not saying this issues doesnt exist, the valorant servers are not great and there is smth wrong with the netcode but its not the reason why half of u are like gold in valorant, come on..

lgnicio1234

Post by lgnicio1234 » 25 Jan 2022, 23:29

I actually agree with @blackmagic. I'd like to think this problem affects me much worse than most people and it affects me 95% of the time. The other 5% when things feel normal I can obliterate bronze/silver lobbies on Apex Legends while solo dropping but usually I'm struggling to keep up with those same bronze/silver players. My movement is decent and I'm constantly getting melted by bad players. When my cousin who's reached Masters played on my setup he couldn't even hang in the bronze/silver lobbies and my setup is better and much more optimized than his. When I play on his setup which is older and much more bloated I could actually stomp players without trying. It's a night and day difference so I can relate to blackmagic's frustration when people say "just get good".

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 26 Jan 2022, 04:42

You guys have literally no clue what he is talkin about so dont argue with him like that, like you would know his gameplay expierences. t
believe it or not but there are outside some things which can affect youre gaming exp dramasticly besides ehich rank you are or not and this shit can caps you that mich, that you might stuck in elo. Mello was also to smart for this forum and moved on because of people like you who just refuse to see the truth. maybe because its the fact that its not only youre skill which carried you to a high elo and deep in youre own you probably know that

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 26 Jan 2022, 04:44

blackmagic wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 02:46
i gonna try to explain the method which changes completely my mind...

i tried that only with valorant and dont know if that works with other online games same good but im sure that it must work with other games too...

this all is very tricky and i dont guarantee that it gonna work for you the same like it worked for me...
but if someone interested then he can try it too. gotta nothing to lose..

1. you need 2 pc for that. (i used 1 notebook and my main pc)
2. you need router that connected to your main router (i have lte which my main router and a small glinet router in my room)
3. connect your both pc to the router per lan. (in my case the small glinet router)

so that that the part which u can try and experiment like you want. maybe it even gonna work with 1 router too where you just connect your both pc per lan and just on same network.

install your online game (in my case valorant) on both pc...create accounts for each...and then add each other as a friend/party on both pc in that game and then just join a server together...

that the main part. in simple words...you need to join server with that both accounts and better if in party/friend modus.

problem: many online games have anti-afk system which can kick you if you dont move.
but its easy avoidable if you just press W or use some other kind of method you know. your other computer/account needs to stay active on server without get kicked...

ok now more simple:
join server/game with both computers/accounts (in party/friend modus) which are on same network (router) and with one computer/account1 you gonna stay just in afk modus and leave it (make sure it dont get kicked by anti-afk) and with other computer/account2 (your main) you gonna just play normal...

and now just observe and try notice any improvements with hitreg/input and more...
...pls share here what changed for you and what you notice with that method.

i hope you guys understand and get it...
good luck.

ask question if still dont understand...

this method is not perfect and i start notice improvements only after some tries and minutes.
sometimes it dont worked and there was no changes and improvements...i dont know why and what was wrong but for the most time this method worked here and just after some minutes i start to notice huge improvements in my online gaming and nothing degraded more from match to match.
i could play many matches in row and performed like a god in silver and win 10 out 10 match like that.

it is still shit to play like this way because 1 player gonna be always afk (your other useless account) and you play always 4vs5 and need to carry more cause that...
but it works in deathmatch modus too where 1 afk dont rly matters that much and where need just to score kills and play solo.

im sure that this is the key for me here and answer on all my input/hitreg/desync placebo problems which changed with every windows install and reinstall wtf...

you believe or not but...
i already know and aware that something is very wrong with my online gaming here and this method only proof to me that and i finally have some real proofs to show.
soon i gonna post clips and show to all the huge difference in kills and how easy i kill others in silver and how everything just changes for me if use this method and stupid work around.

maybe i go try to rank up with that method but with new acc because my current acc in silver/gold is already fked up with to many loses and bad kad.

Sounds interesting. These improvements works for both Pc and notebook devices, used as main for play? The same results?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Jan 2022, 09:09

n1zoo wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 12:14
This has devolved into memes, personal attacks and shitposting. Please stop baiting others into starting a fight with you. People are free to blame whatever they want for their online issues, and you are free to ignore them.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.