Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
f0rce

Re: Why am I always die before I see the enemy? INPUT LAG :(

Post by f0rce » 04 Oct 2021, 00:05

canx66 wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 22:18
Hi guys,

Iam in to this past 3 years. I tried everything. Litterally everything. Optimazation, new Hardware, new Mouse. EVERYTHING!

I still cant get rid this f***ing delay when its comes to gaming. I want to play competetive, but its nearly impossible for me.

I ALWAYS see the enemy to late, in Valornt as a example. I die before the enemy comes around the corner. Its feeling like most of the players are faster and than me, has very less input lag then me. Even dough I practicing everyday and play on 24Hz. Its nearly impossible that every enemy has 240Hz even 144hz is rare. My mouse feels like a brick and everything is delayed, not snappy, to late. I dont know how to describe it. Microstuttering, everything that f**ks my online gaming experience. I really desperate, I really dont know what should I do.

Problems:

- seeing enemy to late
- hitreg is f**ked
- mouse feels like brick
- every enemy is faster (dying before the enemy is around the corner)
- my aim is stuttery
- everything is stuttery

System & Settings

Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS B-450-F Strix
MSI GAMING Z RTX 2070
16GB G.SKill 3600Mhz-16-16-16-36
be Quiet! Straight Power 11 650 Watt
Corsair H100i SE Water cooling
Corsair x465 Case

Apex Pro TKL
Razer Viper Ultimate

Germany Cable (Vodafone) prioritized Business Line (500down/50up)
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 as a switch for my streaming pc

LatenyMon ~ 50us
0.5 Resolution Timer
ISLC on
no bloat
fully optimized
Win 10 - 2004

Pls for the sake of god, tell me what can I do? PLS tell me!

Would it help to switch to Intel 10900k?
Hey! I think I can help out. Can you try to disable your onboard audio in bios? I see that you got an alc1220 realtek chip, this chip in my experience is causing a lot of stutter and symptoms you describe. Try without audio or with another external soundcard.

alperabi44

Post by alperabi44 » 12 Oct 2021, 08:45

"Reset cmos"

Cmos is the li-battery on your motherboard.
Idk much but i think it's used to save data/time after power fails or resets...

you can reset it either by pull the battery out/in or you can clear cmos by using the jumper method that many motherboard support...

But many recommend to buy new li-battery if your clock/time drifts and don't in sync...

better use wiki and look for cmos.
It tells more and gives better details on that all...

But i don't think that cmos is the issue of our problems that we face online...
there people that run there sys without this battery and feeling good and have no trouble in games. I'm sure such people exist..

and i have the same issue if i turn my internet off in trainingsmode so this is forsure not a internet problem. i have in cs go a 5 ping with an 50k dsl speed :D

Wat_0

Post by Wat_0 » 03 Nov 2021, 21:41

canx66 wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 22:18
I ALWAYS see the enemy to late, in Valornt as a example. I die before the enemy comes around the corner.
Looks like it is caused by a too high internet ping. You can try:
1) a faster internet connection.
2) a server closer to your location.

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 07 Nov 2021, 03:45

I really like reading through these posts. I learn a lot. However, I do find it strange that I have never had any of these issues myself and don’t know anyone who has. Particularly in the case of people who still have problems when offline, I am fascinated by their problems. The reason I say this is because I am a HEAVY power user in a very dense neighborhood. The power bill is always hundreds of dollars per month. When I play on PC with my pretty good PC, 8K Hz mouse, 390 Hz monitor, etc., I never have any variation in input lag or anything like that (outside of changes in FPS depending on the location in game and all of that). Typically, just in my house alone I have the router right next to my PC (that is in an open case so no shielding), a space heater running (1000W +) or an air conditioner, multiple TVs (both top-end 4K TVs and CRTs), multiple refrigerators and freezers, tons of smart home lights and appliances, many laptops, tablets, phones… and there’s never any variation in input lag or any EMI issues of any kind.

I also have very good fiber internet. It really makes me think the vast majority of these issues likely come from high ping or bad internet.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 07 Nov 2021, 04:59

lizardpeter wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 03:45
I really like reading through these posts. I learn a lot. However, I do find it strange that I have never had any of these issues myself and don’t know anyone who has. Particularly in the case of people who still have problems when offline, I am fascinated by their problems. The reason I say this is because I am a HEAVY power user in a very dense neighborhood. The power bill is always hundreds of dollars per month. When I play on PC with my pretty good PC, 8K Hz mouse, 390 Hz monitor, etc., I never have any variation in input lag or anything like that (outside of changes in FPS depending on the location in game and all of that). Typically, just in my house alone I have the router right next to my PC (that is in an open case so no shielding), a space heater running (1000W +) or an air conditioner, multiple TVs (both top-end 4K TVs and CRTs), multiple refrigerators and freezers, tons of smart home lights and appliances, many laptops, tablets, phones… and there’s never any variation in input lag or any EMI issues of any kind.

I also have very good fiber internet. It really makes me think the vast majority of these issues likely come from high ping or bad internet.
i play FFA DM (cs go) with 2ms ping (lowest on the server) and it feels
like 300ms. So its not internet issue. Enjoy the games if you dont have any issue

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 07 Nov 2021, 10:04

MegaMelmek wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 04:59
lizardpeter wrote:

like 300ms. So its not internet issue. Enjoy the games if you dont have any issue
Just because you have a good ping doesn't mean your internet is of good quality. stop always seeing the ping as the only factor

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 07 Nov 2021, 12:26

Unreazz wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 10:04
MegaMelmek wrote:
lizardpeter wrote:

Just because you have a good ping doesn't mean your internet is of good quality. stop always seeing the ping as the only factor
Your statment/answer is more like : if you have good PC it doesnt mean you game will run faster and smoother i think they have too run faster. So as for internet connection you can do benchmark for everything these days. Latency (ping) is the most inportant for gamers then you can look on bandwidht jitter. I am pretty sure that my internet connection is faster than 99% of players that they play games and there are still huge lag behind that we all try find out what it is....
Pls do not strike me with UDP/loss/choke because these are where have to be

dervu

Post by dervu » 07 Nov 2021, 15:25

No one can really tell if it is ISP issue or not. No one ever checked how it would impact ISP if interference issue happened for them also.
Maybe it could indirectly affect internet quality. Question is, how?
With PCs its really not easy to find hard proof of that, other than seeing it yourself.
How do you tell if internet quality is worse because of this issue or because of any other parameters that can be measured?

Until someone gets measurement, which will correlate with issue being present, all we can do is go by ourselves to different places and play there.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 07 Nov 2021, 15:40

MegaMelmek wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 12:26
Unreazz wrote:
MegaMelmek wrote:
lizardpeter wrote:

Your statment/answer is more like : if you have good PC it doesnt mean you game will run faster and smoother i think they have too run faster. So as for internet connection you can do benchmark for everything these days. Latency (ping) is the most inportant for gamers then you can look on bandwidht jitter. I am pretty sure that my internet connection is faster than 99% of players that they play games and there are still huge lag behind that we all try find out what it is....
Ping as an ICMP echo request was created decades ago to verify the reachability of the IP address that is being pinged, thats about it! ICMP has a different protocol than UDP or TCP, they are treated differently on network switches, terminals and/or routers in general. just because your ping to Server X is 5ms doesn't mean your UDP protocol packet connection will maintain the same latency.

I've read an article about a year ago talking about the need for ISP's to add larger buffers to higher speed connections as to maintain smooth-like feel if the line is hitting a lot of congested routes. More to that, Your hometown ISP is connected to a regional ISP then that is connected to a network backbone L3 Network "if you're connecting cross continents". Now each of those networks have their own hardware capabilities, algorithms and set of protocols that they enforce to make sure their operation is as reliable as possible. Even with a ping as low as 10 or 5ms, you'd still see the ICMP "ping" packet hop about 5-7 times until it reaches its destination and comes back. each hop is either a router, a switch or a gateway hub with its own buffering rules and hardware capabilities.
I've had an ISP before, that had the best pings possible for internet gaming that I could hope for, but it always had a bit of packet loss and insane hitreg issues. So yes, please do not solely use "Ping" as a measurement for the quality of your ISP route to your gaming server. The problem with the ISP that I mentioned is that it sold way too many subscriptions than its infrastructure can handle, and when Covid hit the park, everything went down the hill with them. Sadly enough, the regulatory body that is responsible for those companies should've seen this coming instead of waiting around and hoping for the best. Now for a normal end user, that uses internet for Netflix or Youtube barely saw a difference because the lowest package they sold was 100mb up/down.

I'm not really that informed about Networking or L3 Backbone ISP's, but i've had some time in the past to educate myself a bit about the subject. That should be enough to explain to you why Ping measurements aren't really that effective anymore. Almost all of the famous websites for those measurements including speedtest.net and fast.com are probably already whitelisted by your ISP and placed on a fast path just to assure you that you're getting the speed that you paid for. When in most cases you're actually not and thats why you will never find an ISP that will promise you the exact speed or heck, promises a number that is over the amount of X. All they will ever promise is "Up to" which is just a loaded pill that you'd have to take as a customer while capitalism is taking over lol.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 07 Nov 2021, 17:06

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 15:40
MegaMelmek wrote:
07 Nov 2021, 12:26
Unreazz wrote:
MegaMelmek wrote:

Ping as an ICMP echo request was created decades ago to verify the reachability of the IP address that is being pinged, thats about it! ICMP has a different protocol than UDP or TCP, they are treated differently on network switches, terminals and/or routers in general. just because your ping to Server X is 5ms doesn't mean your UDP protocol packet connection will maintain the same latency.

I've read an article about a year ago talking about the need for ISP's to add larger buffers to higher speed connections as to maintain smooth-like feel if the line is hitting a lot of congested routes. More to that, Your hometown ISP is connected to a regional ISP then that is connected to a network backbone L3 Network "if you're connecting cross continents". Now each of those networks have their own hardware capabilities, algorithms and set of protocols that they enforce to make sure their operation is as reliable as possible. Even with a ping as low as 10 or 5ms, you'd still see the ICMP "ping" packet hop about 5-7 times until it reaches its destination and comes back. each hop is either a router, a switch or a gateway hub with its own buffering rules and hardware capabilities.
I've had an ISP before, that had the best pings possible for internet gaming that I could hope for, but it always had a bit of packet loss and insane hitreg issues. So yes, please do not solely use "Ping" as a measurement for the quality of your ISP route to your gaming server. The problem with the ISP that I mentioned is that it sold way too many subscriptions than its infrastructure can handle, and when Covid hit the park, everything went down the hill with them. Sadly enough, the regulatory body that is responsible for those companies should've seen this coming instead of waiting around and hoping for the best. Now for a normal end user, that uses internet for Netflix or Youtube barely saw a difference because the lowest package they sold was 100mb up/down.

I'm not really that informed about Networking or L3 Backbone ISP's, but i've had some time in the past to educate myself a bit about the subject. That should be enough to explain to you why Ping measurements aren't really that effective anymore. Almost all of the famous websites for those measurements including speedtest.net and fast.com are probably already whitelisted by your ISP and placed on a fast path just to assure you that you're getting the speed that you paid for. When in most cases you're actually not and thats why you will never find an ISP that will promise you the exact speed or heck, promises a number that is over the amount of X. All they will ever promise is "Up to" which is just a loaded pill that you'd have to take as a customer while capitalism is taking over lol.
This is funny… you can make phone call and team speak call at he same time and see what is faster.
Why they choke CS go and forget TS3? Why they dont choke me out for that 1h after fresh windows instalation? Why they let me download at 100MB/s 24/7 and they care about kb for cs go?
When 5 players from Poland play on German server and only one have this input lag how the network know to choke only one with lowest latency? This will be happening only when is full bandwidht or all the time?