NVIDIA has updated FrameView to include present latency in its overlay, among other things

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: NVIDIA has updated FrameView to include present latency in its overlay, among other things

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Sep 2020, 14:07

I've added a shadow redirect link to the Programming Forum -- because this is of fantastic interest to software developers who are also connoiseurs of latency.

What NVIDIA is doing about latency is really truly fantastic stuff, from Reflex to FrameView.

A link to forum thread The Amazing Human Visible Feats Of The Millisecond was shared inside one of NVIDIA's team, which probably helped inspired to do some of this stuff, amongst a lot of other stuff.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Re: NVIDIA has updated FrameView to include present latency in its overlay, among other things

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 01 Oct 2020, 21:48

Does Frameview work for CS:GO? Cause I can't get it to work with it.. only game i have that it works with is UT4

andrelip

Post by andrelip » 02 Oct 2020, 11:00

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 21:48
Does Frameview work for CS:GO? Cause I can't get it to work with it.. only game i have that it works with is UT4
Yes, it does, but not the overlay. Just press F10 to start recording and then F10 again to stop. Open the CSV inside excel for the results.

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 02 Oct 2020, 12:21

andrelip wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 11:00
Yes, it does, but not the overlay. Just press F10 to start recording and then F10 again to stop. Open the CSV inside excel for the results.
Awe, the overlay doesn't work with it? boo

Thanks for the reply :)

csplayer

Post by csplayer » 13 Oct 2020, 21:57

02 Oct 2020, 12:21
andrelip wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 11:00
Awe, the overlay doesn't work with it? boo

Thanks for the reply :)
Try launching CS:GO with the command -allow_third_party_software in the launch options.
It will launch csgo without trusted mode so it can possibly work, however since idont have the latest drivers i cant verify.