I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
senny22

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by senny22 » 22 Feb 2021, 15:16

I just got the Razer 8khz and i absolutely did not expect the performance from it to be so good. I've gone from a average of 20 kills in CS:GO to averge of 30 kills. I've played with the same people and I've met the same ranks. The difference is consistent over multiple days now so it's not like I had a good day either.

I've previosly had the Steelseries Rival 300, Dreammachine DM1 Pro S and the Endgame XM1 v.2. The gap from these to the Razer is vastly more significant the the difference between said mice.

I suspect the sensor and optical switches are the main reasons for the improvement. While I can tell there is a slight difference between 1 khz and 2 khz and 8 khz, this difference is barely noticable so I wouldn't give credit to the 8khz feautre but rather other aspects of the mouse.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 22 Feb 2021, 20:44

i don't know why i'm capped at 399fps.

-nojoy

-preload

-threads 16

-processheap

-freq 390

Donixo

Post by Donixo » 24 Feb 2021, 15:34

Got the mouse today. tried it out its so great but here comes the fucked up part
i got the new alienware 360HZ monitor. and after 2 games in wtih the mouse my monitor got destroyed.

i have all kinds of lines on my monitor nothing seems to fix it not sure if the mouse had anything to do with it.

kind regards donixo
Attachments
154253643_438759534035410_8475516868529616955_n.jpg
154253643_438759534035410_8475516868529616955_n.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 5010 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Feb 2021, 16:55

Definitely not -- That's not caused by the mouse.

You do realize that many new monitor failures usually occurs in the first few hours/days of purchase of a new monitor?

The law of warranty failures is monitors usually fail towards early in the warranty -- it's the "infant mortality" stage of a new tech purchase.

Just do an RMA -- that definitely looks like an RMA-able issue. But first, test a different monitor (verify your GPU is OK) / different DisplayPort jack / different DisplayPort cable.

I am going to split this away from the mouse thread (after you see the above), since it's offtopic for the 8000 Hz mouse.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

DaveN

Post by DaveN » 24 Feb 2021, 19:01

The Viper 8KHz has been quite a pain for me so far.

I'm at 600 DPI, got a 3700X with a 1080 Ti and 32GB of 3000MHz RAM.
It seems to work fine in CSGO at 8000Hz, however fast movements still cause my fps do drop from 400 down to 200, which is less noticeable, but still not worth the 8000Hz. Tabbing out and back in completely destroys it - stutters for a minute and then kinda fixes itself.

Apex Legends seems to work at 2KHz, anything higher and the stutters are mad.
Hunt Showdown is straight up unplayable at anything above 1KHz.

I've done some research and went through a bunch of posts, seems like this is a very wide spread issue. Some people can't use anything above 1KHz on any game, as it causes stuttes, others are running all their games fine at 8KHz - I'm kinda in between, where some games work at certain values.

Really not sure how to fix this, I'm even on a fresh windows installation since I just got my new SSD, experiencing the exact same issues.

Has Razer addressed this? Is it being worked on? Is it even fixable on Razer's end in the first place? Is it hardware related? Windows? Game engines? A combination of it all? Funky times I tell ya!

I understand that early adoption of new tech comes with issues regarding compatibility, I just hope it's fixable in regards of software.

Hope this gets resolved or that anyone can point me in a direction to fix this. :?
Old: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz TN Current: HP Omen X 25f 240Hz TN
Main Rig
2nd Rig

masneb

Post by masneb » 24 Feb 2021, 23:29

Yup, it seems as though some games don't like 8khz. It's either the hub drivers, the game, the mouse, all of the above? I've been experimenting with different ports, game combinations, snakeoil options like MSI mode/XEFI/legacy mode in the bios. I think I've successfully made things worse where now I have a weird floaty feeling attached to the mouse despite it being on my original settings. Somethings have a discernable impact on my FPS, like attaching it to my usb 3.2 gen 2 ports.

Lots of growing pains associated with this, just like 60hz to 120hz for monitors and 120 to 240. I haven't experimented with reducing the polling rate as I wanted to see if other things I've been doing impacts it more. More posts like the above with less conjuncture and theorycrafting would help them diagnose and fix this if thefiend isn't a CSR and is an actual developer. My guess is a new driver will eventually need to be released for USB hubs and games will probably have to do some cleanup after that as well.

TheFiend, if you're here, if you guys are testing this internally and have a USB PCIE card you can recommend you know works flawlessly with the mouse I'd be interested in that as well. USB is a huge mess and it changes with the infinite amount of combinations in existence. Really makes me wish companies like Razer would investigate a dedicated mouse port, like PS2 (although I think that's snake oil at this point compared to USB).

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Feb 2021, 00:43

don't even bother with apex honestly, 190hz soft server cap omegalul (would actually be good for my previous rog tho but seriously, I could run 500fps in csgo/wt from 5 years ago with 10 year old cpu) . and r6s wont' let me use 390hz, many people aren't buying next year's pass, count me part of that.

On the other hand, this was brought up in some manners in detail previously in the thread, those interested should go back and research those again, but I'm just gonna put it in here for the record, a quickie note: seems like the way it works is if a game has scaling options, it probs supports sub pixel. I mention this because people are gonna act like high hz don't matter, or high resolution don't matter, or both, for gaming or else, combinations of such skewed and limited opinions--------be those as it may, right now or rather since before 2017 you can already just do with scaling, and voila, you get to play a "near retina" experience (and actually this is less straining to the eye when you don't need beyond 1080p, as in you are just desktop and browser.....however things gets stupid the minute you involve with picture viewing and editing and stuff....because dslr resolution standards exceeded 1080p like decades ago), and for the new wave of ips 360+ panels, let's not forget that Netflix still has not made 4k version of Love Death Robots. I think that's being true to Zima Blue's ethos of minimalism. And it is a prime example why prestige TV or very high end actual legit entertainment in general has not like abandoned 1080p at all. This includes high hz gaming monitors of course. Whoever bigwigs decided on ips (hdr) instead of tn, in the monitor industry, thanks. (although honestly I can't tell much of a difference when I tone it to my usual 8/100 brightness/etc )

DaveN

Post by DaveN » 25 Feb 2021, 06:57

Well guess I'll be sticking to 1000Hz for now, as this doesn't seem to be working on any game, at least not well enough. Not gonna live with my FPS being cut in half in CS when i swipe fast.

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus, for reference, if it's related to USB ports.
Old: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz TN Current: HP Omen X 25f 240Hz TN
Main Rig
2nd Rig

howiec

Post by howiec » 25 Feb 2021, 12:29

Donixo wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:34
Got the mouse today. tried it out its so great but here comes the fucked up part
i got the new alienware 360HZ monitor. and after 2 games in wtih the mouse my monitor got destroyed.

i have all kinds of lines on my monitor nothing seems to fix it not sure if the mouse had anything to do with it.
Mouse isn't the cause. I posted similar pics in the PG259QN thread. You need a complete monitor power-off (disconnect power cable) to fix it until it happens again.

Running at higher refresh rates seems to increase the probability of the issue occurring.

howiec

Post by howiec » 25 Feb 2021, 12:33

DaveN wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 19:01
It seems to work fine in CSGO at 8000Hz, however fast movements still cause my fps do drop from 400 down to 200, which is less noticeable, but still not worth the 8000Hz. Tabbing out and back in completely destroys it - stutters for a minute and then kinda fixes itself.

Apex Legends seems to work at 2KHz, anything higher and the stutters are mad.
Hunt Showdown is straight up unplayable at anything above 1KHz.
This is not a Razer / mouse problem. It's more of a system issue.

Try using TSC instead of HPET or ACPI PMT, i.e. bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock or bcdedit /set useplatformclock false.

I have zero issues in all (many) games I've played including Apex Legends with 8kHz. Once I use HPET or ACPI PMT, I get the same stutters you describe.