I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
howiec

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by howiec » 25 Feb 2021, 12:36

masneb wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 23:29
snakeoil options like MSI mode
That is 100% not snake oil.

Also, I've been using my Viper 8K on my ASMedia controller with no issues while my K100 is connected to the Intel controller. I would imagine that many modern motherboards also have multiple USB controllers like that of my Maximus Hero X WiFi.

Donixo

Post by Donixo » 25 Feb 2021, 12:50

my razer viper 8khz is not as stable and sometimes goes up to 10.000?
hows do yall have stable 8000 hz? and if so how do i manage to get it stabled.
Attachments
notsable.png
notsable.png (25.52 KiB) Viewed 4806 times

DaveN

Post by DaveN » 25 Feb 2021, 13:28

howiec wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 12:33
Try using TSC instead of HPET or ACPI PMT, i.e. bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock or bcdedit /set useplatformclock false.

I have zero issues in all (many) games I've played including Apex Legends with 8kHz. Once I use HPET or ACPI PMT, I get the same stutters you describe.
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock gives me "Element not found" but the other command works.
However it doesn't fix my issue. Disabling HPET through device manager doesn't result in a fix either.

How do I disable ACPI PMT and enable TSC?
Old: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz TN Current: HP Omen X 25f 240Hz TN
Main Rig
2nd Rig

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Feb 2021, 16:28

howiec you do realize there's a lot of people who are riling up to smear Razer WHILE there is actually NO other 8khz product (except for evga, which I'm sure they don't care much at all about Razer or gaming gear in general they just sell their pricy GPUs) and it would be wise to differ that from actual Razer dedicates like me and legit doubts from lack of communication. THOSE people don't WANT any communication, they just want to get done with throwing shades because they are on the logitech camp or whatever. Some go so far as to say that every small brand can do it, well guess what Vaxee already said they won't, and likely not EndGameGear either since they also (or rather they claimed earlier than Vaxee) to make wireless variants of existing models instead of prioritizing new shapes let alone upgrading hardware, which is a huge shame because this reminds of the old Zowie again. And keep in mind we loved the actual og Zowie before they sold to Benq because they was no frills no advertisement (well, except for more and more le-Esport monies, which was my point), no over packaging, just pure good solid product. Any straying from the actual roots and delivering on actual "continual improvements" and well you know what happens.

See? This is what I mean by actual hardcore gaming gear enthusiast and their doubt on the market regime/status quo. Of course Vaxee have their reasons and maybe don't want to "do another stupid race" even tho there was never any stupidity with upping specs of any kind to begin with, not hz, not dpi, not ips and accel, not lod range, NOT EVEN LIGHT WEIGHT, LESS HEAVY WEIGHT (plz if you pick a side on this at this point, you are really a lost cause ). I really resent the entire marketing approach of Razer still insisting that it's suddenly ok to berate Logitech 25.6k while ignoring the fact that their own 20k is no less marketed. This is pure double standard and I am amazed that nobody except me bothers to call it out. This is what the drone like mentality of the zeigeist of this "hobby" has come to. it's really sad. In any case, it's a shame that Vaxee and EGG are slowing down on big steps forward, but time will tell who's actually right , as always. Just remember that I was never wrong, yet again and always. I'm no interest of frivolous fame and petty glory. I also won't be one of those random guys waiting for STEEP Razer discounts few week/month post launch, which they take for granted (saying that anyone who buy at launch are idiots/saying Razer products go on discounts because that's what they are worth/berating the QC is garbage for eternity/returning products due nitpicking and "X doesn't work for Y" like they do with gpw because of course first batch supportors who bought things because they meant to and didn't just play the touch and rma and "pro gaemr" bad review sharade because the e-commerce platforms indulge them so, should pay the bills/buffer the costs for their irreverence and ignorance)

The too technical bits will scare off people, it even scares me off. I'm sure I have said this before but if anything Razer should not ask customers/ have supporters suggest others to have to tinker with pc to begin to be able to use whatever this is. On the other hand I'm not suggesting that a pc gamer should treat it like a console and just pay enough money until "it just works". Sadly this ecosystem of dumbing things down has been too far down I couldn't change it 5 years ago.
Last edited by lyrill on 25 Feb 2021, 21:12, edited 4 times in total.

howiec

Post by howiec » 25 Feb 2021, 16:42

DaveN wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 13:28
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock gives me "Element not found" but the other command works.
However it doesn't fix my issue. Disabling HPET through device manager doesn't result in a fix either.

How do I disable ACPI PMT and enable TSC?
That means it's already deleted which is fine. I won't rehash what's already available - see calypto.us. You can check which timer/source Windows is using by comparing clock frequencies.

If you're still having issues when using TSC, clearly something else in your system / configuration is the culprit and you'll just have to try optimizing everything.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Feb 2021, 17:21

gotta report that on 2/11 20k dpi the small movements don't even get picked up in areson (as in I can feel my skate moving the granular bit due to hand physical limitation and the limitation of the quality of the mat and the skate, and the static friction buildup. stock skate on viper 8k + a glass pad I'm using right now with very finely etched surface. there are other kinds like sanded and stuff that could be rougher and it would be even harder to make micro adjustment)--with less limited conditions, this micro movement could be even smaller, so this all the more calls for even bigger concern of the dullness of the edpi setup. As I said before 3/11 has acceleration and it's no surprise that when I switch to that dial, those movements aren't missed anymore and pick up "1:1".

So basically if this translates to mostly every game (of course doublecheck that in whatever practice range u have) you CAN't use anywhere near as low as 2/11 20k edpi, nor anywhere as high as 3/11 20k edpi, but I don't know if csgo's edpi actually translate to the same as system edpi, and that 0.33 6600 edpi already felt slower than average to me yet I didn't experience sluggishness. ( in terms of turning, not aiming, I have not set up scoping sens I'll doublecheck all of these again and report back)

if you go retrospect on my view, 1250 is small anyways while 5000 caused a lot of jitter compared to tmp, and even if it's tmp, 5000 edpi is just a tad bit extreme for all purpose.so. I think it's far fetched and ignorant to just say "oh well they turned on smoothing tmp is just 3389 rebrand topkek shillseries" (oh and btw i don't take any review sites seriously tbo, especially not the techpowerup one where there's basically one editor at a time taking charge of everything, kinda echo chamber really, like do you represent yourself or the site or what? some of the older ones were from OCN too, one id reminds of some particular trolls.. that pretty much sums it up...and it doesn't really matter which and who really, 99.9% of reviews EVERYWHERE are very dogmatic and uninspiring going through bulletpoints and more corporate presentation than personal discoveries and interesting feedback. THIS is why I need to have a voice and have it be heard without playing into their usual squabbling over relevancy) And we'd need another thread for discussing what cm/360 range is actually golden or why. This does not mean people shouldn't use or make anything that is built for purposes outside of such a golden range, it's all about good spirited progression and better understanding.

the only thing that's changed is instead of 6/11 and maybe around the 2k-4k mark which 3200 somehow do sit in middle, now with 20k you can find an in-game sens that matches into 2k-4k edpi, but not sluggy nor accelerating. I don't care if 6/11 3200 has any of such issues by now, because we all know that 20k is objectively superior on the hardware front. in game sens is software. and that's that. Correct me if I'm wrong Razer_theFiend.

masneb

Post by masneb » 25 Feb 2021, 21:11

howiec wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 12:36
masneb wrote:
Yeah, that's open to interpretation to a lot of people, but we're all fleshy human meatbags attempting to test things without the tools to do so because they haven't been made yet.
Donixo wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 12:50
Speaking of tools not being developed yet. The existing ones are extremely buggy and whether or not that's actually measuring something accurately is very much open to debate. The current tools absolutely suck for testing polling rates or debugging issues with them.

Be very careful with HPET and other snakeoil fixes, you may end up in a worse position then you were before. HPET has been widely and very conflictingly discussed all over the place. You'll find these threads dating back close to a decade and they never reach consensus on them helping or not. So ANY time you hear someone mention HPET or platform clocks, be aware you may make your system worse by adjusting such settings and even among those with similar systems, they yield completely different, subjective results.

Last I heard Windows no longer uses HPET after they set the system clock to a static 10mhz and there was almost no way to change this. They did that in the 20h1 update IIRC. Read up on HPET before you change it, it's not just something dealing with USB.

Donixo

Post by Donixo » 25 Feb 2021, 21:28

Yeah, that's open to interpretation to a lot of people, but we're all fleshy human meatbags attempting to test things without the tools to do so because they haven't been made yet.
Donixo wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 12:50
Speaking of tools not being developed yet. The existing ones are extremely buggy and whether or not that's actually measuring something accurately is very much open to debate. The current tools absolutely suck for testing polling rates or debugging issues with them.

Be very careful with HPET and other snakeoil fixes, you may end up in a worse position then you were before. HPET has been widely and very conflictingly discussed all over the place. You'll find these threads dating back close to a decade and they never reach consensus on them helping or not. So ANY time you hear someone mention HPET or platform clocks, be aware you may make your system worse by adjusting such settings and even among those with similar systems, they yield completely different, subjective results.

Last I heard Windows no longer uses HPET after they set the system clock to a static 10mhz and there was almost no way to change this. They did that in the 20h1 update IIRC. Read up on HPET before you change it, it's not just something dealing with USB.
[/quote]

Yeah i think i have HPET Disabled and all thkat stuff..
Attachments
hmm.png
hmm.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 4750 times

howiec

Post by howiec » 25 Feb 2021, 23:42

masneb wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 21:11
howiec wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 12:36
masneb wrote:
MSI is real and is more efficient.
Unless you can provide some technical evidence on how it is not, please don't spread misinformation. There's plenty of supporting documentation including an Intel whitepaper about it...
masneb wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 21:11
I've tested HPET vs TSC on several platforms including Q6600 + P35 chipset, and 9700k + Z370 chipset (both heavily overclocked). Using HPET as the main clock source has always resulted in significantly reduced overall system performance and/or increased stutter.

If you understand some basic computer / electrical engineering, you will understand why this is the case when you look at the HPET specification vs how TSC is used...
Last edited by howiec on 26 Feb 2021, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 26 Feb 2021, 00:04

about HPET disabling, I guess the question people want to ask is : is it gonna break my computer if I try it (briefly or extended period) ? and HOW do I know that it actually helps? just by looking at more frames? DO i need to tinker with it if I don't have issues/stutters?

That is without going back to re-read all previously mentioned about HPET. If the answer was already provided do remind me my ignorance because I preach to people to read this thread all the time yet I myself still haven't completely gone through it all again to recollect everything