I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
FPSMaster

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by FPSMaster » 14 Oct 2021, 16:37

lyrill wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2021, 13:26
axaro1 wrote: ↑
24 Sep 2021, 12:40
23 Sep 2021, 08:36
really late + really weird and pointless question
Shape is preference + don't quote my questions if you don't even try to answer :|
your question is ignoring the entirity of this thread which is really disrespectful of all the discussion already had long ago. how many times do I have to ask people to read the thread first? are you one of those boardzy type of kids that insinuate that only old people read forum threads with his stupid "look at this shit it's 15 paaaaaaaaages i'm not gonna dig into that shit" (but he did anyways omegalul) remark?? why on earth would you or anyone ever begin to think to use 125hz on the 8khz mice. why would anyone begin to answer such a none question

and what shape is preference? do you even have a prime? actually nobody even needs to have or not have a prime to get what i am talking about, if you don't nobody is asking you to print it on your wall or anything. the fact that anyone to this date still even begin to try to debase me in the thread I have the most later contributions to (where I long ago already stated with zero dispute that me, Chief and Razer_theFiend are the most savvy in this topic at hand, or something of that sort), (and you all know that I've been around much longer than 99.9% people in this hobby these past 5 years and anyone flaming me on any of those stupid platforms they love to conclave that I even bothered to visit that never deserved me is pure straight simply jeolous insecure and salty themselves) is just beyond. you don't know about shapes don't quote MY discussions and opinions if you don't even know what you are talking about at all

your first question has been answered 45337895715938X times since the very first time this project is known. you are not exactly new here so why are you still asking exactly may I ask??

your second question I still cannot begin or bother to comprehend beyond "8khz uplink in 125hz mode" like why would there be such a thing?? the physical parts are 8khz capable, the software sets to whatever hz you want to use, nobody cares you do you (but don't parade it man 1khz mice should be illegal by now I didn't even want to say that to much more offend the gpw kiddies and many more ). there is no software mojo that runs on high main arch command at 8khz masking whatever that is you use, nor would that ever be a point for such a redundancy. and why would you exclusively doubt click latency to this date when all 3 of us have explained a million times that it's only a part of the bigger picture, that the main point is motion clarity and smoothness, that is partly based on and ofc goes hand in hand with low motion latency and ofc also hand w/ low click latency that just so happens to be 0.2ms rated for the opticals, which actually is nearly 2x slower than 8khz. in case nobody else has to this date bothered to do this simple math on this "minor detail", there you go, current/0.2ms opticals aren't fast enough for 8khz. So no you don't even need 8khz mojo if all you do is literally just taping the mice to your freaking desk and spamming m1 all year long. you only need 5khz. but they are clearly way past giving anything granular on that minor aspect at this point since it's all floating anyways and none of most of you even compute when someone say to you they use a dpi that isn't 800 or 1600 while quite a few brands have offered 1dpi adjustability on a 10k+ scale for a decade (again it's 26k raw now btw)

it's so funny people claim they can't feel it, or just outright ignore it. like what CAN't you feel? Just cus you can't explain it in 3 numbers or 4 words don't mean It's Not There At ALL. 3 years ago on that stupid leddit I was the only one who even bother to talk about lod, boom, Razer released 3359 on the minis meant for budget asians, SS's stupid 3335 usage on the rival3 and aerox was it? I can't even bother to remember..and you people went batshit crazy "hurdur lod unusable tape mod this that" where was you when I was running import m8? it's the same deal with hard fine pads, with a superior shape that i've literally just explained earlier in this thread and you have to go salty on me, with motion clarity and an absense of "bigger" jitter that was brute forced by 8khz (and as for the smaller jitter it's not like anyone cares that much at this point certainly way less than I ever did or will, none of those mousetester graphs people love to base reviews on these days mean a god darn thing if the areson circles YOUR HAND draw are a jitterfest, actually come to think of it are "mouse people" or"aim people" or "le hardcore gaemers" even better with their controls? if they are shouldn't they be more capable in handling granular controls aka moving on to higher dpi? but they didn't move to higher dpi, they lowered dpi thanks to all the stupid fps titles that aren't even legit fps and the only conclusion is they let themselves go while lower dpi+edpi and more messy big movements babysit their inaccuracies), with anything reasonably reasonble that some people just don't seem to comprehend, I don't know with some of you at this point.....maybe try play a better/none dead game than ow/siege/apex(hey it's not my fault your list is so accurately generic) for once it's almost 2022?

edit: was gonna say that the lod problem was also evaded by 8khz herding people like me to use lower edpi, but not completely at all. nor the granular jitter. it's always there, and I can't wait to see the t6qu in action on 8khz myself, hopefully with the best lod solution to date, more custom lens maybe? adding extra sensors or gyros or stuff is not exactly what people want from a lower weight deathadder or basilisk etc, nor would that be easy to jam into the smaller mice sector, unless ofc u just lose all of the pointless led. Software update would be appreciated too, esp connecting to the calibration process of it all. (I can only reason if there was any cause that 3399DM wasn't unlocking 26k from the start it had got to be that optimizations of software or hardware weren't there yet 2 years or 1 year ago)
Sorry, but wtf are you talking about? It's disrespectfull to go in here, and search for help? He asked a really basic question and he was normal, and he gets such dumb answer from you...
Really questionable how some people actually wasting their time in such a irrelevant reply. πŸ€”

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 18:19

way to redefine "search" there buddy

yeah it's all very basic and normal until he revealed that it was a bait, much like you are probably on that route, or already. Are you adhering to the be nice rule btw? just a friendly reminder, Chief cannot babysit everyone all day you know. and besides, it's already settled. case closed. move on.
Last edited by lyrill on 14 Oct 2021, 18:30, edited 2 times in total.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 18:29

14 Oct 2021, 13:42
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts about the Viper 8khz with my 280hz monitor setup for those of you interested in purchasing this product.
I used it for around 2 days so I still need to test it a little bit more.
  • Games like Apex don't support 8000hz but 4000hz works flawlessly.
  • Overwatch works very well with 8000hz. The fps penalty is around 30fps if I use 8khz with my R5 3600 setup and around 10-15fps with 4khz.
  • If I had to describe the feeling it actually feels like I'm using Vsync ON or VRR ON(I assume because I'm removing a bottleneck in the microstutter chain?).
  • Flicks are a lot easier to hit than with 1000hz, not just because of the higher polling rate but also because of the low latency switches.
    This is the main thing that I'm liking about this mice, the Viper 8khz is a joy to use with games with single shot weapon mechanics.
  • I didn't immediately noticed the difference when swapping from 1000hz to 8000hz but I can absolutely notice the difference going back to 1000hz from 8000/4000hz.
  • The LOD could be improved. 1mm feels way too low with the 3 mousepads that I tested and 2mm is a slightly too high, something inbetween would be perfect. Also asymmetric cut-off is terrible, don't use it.
    Also the cable is a little bit too stiff, from my understanding it is due to extra shielding. I'm planning to add a paracord with a ferrite bead to prevent EMI.
On a side note Opticals V2 feel more crispy than Optical V1 that were way too mushy and didn't exactly give me the right amount of click feedback.
I had to switch the DPI from 800 to 1600. With 1000hz mice 1600dpi generally feels slightly smoother than 800 but with the Viper 8khz using 800 felt straight up stuttery.
1mm is not too low. you are using smart track. it's probably standardized or smartly adjusted to whatever mouse*pad you use, or so they claim, but I doubt the legitimacy or at least the accuracy level it actually reaches, not that you can notice the granularity since you are scaling by .5mm.

assym is indeed trash, but more relevant if not only relevant in terms of using the lowest possible lod, which by stock case is NOT using smart track that only has the 3389/3370 stages, but calibration, which anyone should use, as a rule of thumb, as it largely has not failed users and has done its intended job since at least 2013. (all this i've more or less gone over like 13 times in this thread alone).

I really didn't want to have to say this to further reveal your inexperience with razer gaming mice or hardcore gaming mice in general really, but calibration lets you choose from 1/10 to 10/10 setting, more than enough for you to choose from, even if they go from say rated 0.7mm or whatever, to 2.5ish (not checking atm, nor is my stock skate on my launch batch the same worn level as your 2 day new one).

cable is stiff if you swipe too frantically, it's not stiff if you don't. My suggestion is you max your edpi to one you still can control and see if you still rely on cord softness, or the other way around. I would be lying if I say I find all cords to be perfectly ok, but they surely are within tolerance and they have a reason to choose what they have chosen. If it is only because it's good enough for casuals, then they didn't have to make it "hyperflex" at all. even btl who sells supposedly top quality premium handmade paracord cables only have 3 softness levels. Which to me is, if I am one of the paracord dudebros, not nuanced at all, and ironically especially since they are all, as he claim, much softer than "stocks", which is almost like saying "hey razer and every brand, you all sux, you are fake paracord", which is kinda biased, you know. I don't see hyperglide/corepad or any of the white ptfe vendors going nuts or firing shots throwing shades at mouse companies taking away their market share, as if it was "their market", or that they had any market in the first place, to piggyback on, if not for mouse companies pre existing. depends on what kind of "bungee" set up as well. pro hint: bungees are dinosaur products since like 2015.

people either like or hate a stiffer click, there are different uses, there have been talks or application (attempts) to customize click tension, but nothing mainstream nor much traction. a shame still. what people don't want to discuss as well is how expensive it will be to make lighter but more affirmative clicks. just making it heavier doesn't guarantee firmness/stability. many lessons to be learned in keyboard switches evolution(to put it nicely)

yes it does. shame about most people who don't know what they are talking about still saying pros use 400 dpi so they must be right + "no game support 8khz hurdur apex only 1khz/2khz"

keep the feedback coming folks.
Last edited by lyrill on 15 Oct 2021, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 14 Oct 2021, 19:16

14 Oct 2021, 18:19
way to redefine "search" there buddy

yeah it's all very basic and normal until he revealed that it was a bait, much like you are probably on that route, or already. Are you adhering to the be nice rule btw? just a friendly reminder, Chief cannot babysit everyone all day you know. and besides, it's already settled. case closed. move on.
Bro, the only one who needs someone to take care of is you. Case closed.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 14 Oct 2021, 19:34

just because the mods try to be lax don't mean you can go ham like it's twitter m8. good day, bye.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 15 Oct 2021, 17:28

ok every now and then I have to look back and organize my relatively messy findings.

download/file.php?id=1627

this is with stacked skates. viper8k. Infinity Speed Two Faced Specter(original name I suggested, basically ascended Skypad 22.0 fine, and coarse grid on the bottom I never bothered to use)

download/file.php?id=1859

this is with replaced 3rd party skates. prime+

And a freshly taken one. This is on a raiden copy btw. 100% humidity nearly trashed it (for a reasonably casual standard from a 007 tier pro mouser). I'm on hiatus because industry is, and not willing to change any time soon.

I wasn't wrong basically. that stack brought drawbacks and became unusable after razer prolly trolled me. i hope it's reverted by now if not bettered.

Custom calibration is basically driving sticks. In Quantum of Solace start scene, some people don't understand why a car with auto mode should be driven manually. Well...because it's actual competitive driving, not cruising. That's why smart tracking on any brand basically sucks. I never said high lod option is completely useless, it is unsaid. It can stay, the feature is there. So can the knobby pads stay. The full analysis on it all is still WIP progress 0%....(because I am human not bot)...

still i hope the emancipated shape is coming, yall can ignore bf2042 being a disappoint or people acting as if new world is on any calibre to make mmorpg great again. when I say hardware leads software, it shall be done, because my haters love to claim I want all mouse vendors to *xxx* for me. so i'm going full Kendall S1e7. or is it insert Tyrion Lannister advice to Jon Targaryen.

Viper is nasty, but I would say in the food chain, Basilisk is maybe above it all. Hey it's your names I didn't make them. There are other names to use in the multiverse mythos for sure.

ss got sold from axxel to gn , good for them, maybe they will join the 8khz family with all that hearing aids monies? VF didn't totally ruin my Altra and Icebreaker. only razer and logi left being standalone (well, not publicly funded by a richer entity lul)
Attachments
QQζ΅θ§ˆε™¨ζˆͺε›Ύ20211016064130.png
QQζ΅θ§ˆε™¨ζˆͺε›Ύ20211016064130.png (70.26 KiB) Viewed 7274 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Oct 2021, 18:11

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts about the Viper 8khz with my 280hz monitor setup for those of you interested in purchasing this product.
  • Overwatch works very well with 8000hz. The fps penalty is around 30fps if I use 8khz with my R5 3600 setup and around 10-15fps with 4khz.
  • If I had to describe the feeling it actually feels like I'm using Vsync ON or VRR ON(I assume because I'm removing a bottleneck in the microstutter chain?).
  • Flicks are a lot easier to hit than with 1000hz, not just because of the higher polling rate but also because of the low latency switches.
    This is the main thing that I'm liking about this mice, the Viper 8khz is a joy to use with games with single shot weapon mechanics.
  • I didn't immediately noticed the difference when swapping from 1000hz to 8000hz but I can absolutely notice the difference going back to 1000hz from 8000/4000hz.
  • The LOD could be improved. 1mm feels way too low with the 3 mousepads that I tested and 2mm is a slightly too high, something inbetween would be perfect. Also asymmetric cut-off is terrible, don't use it.
    Also the cable is a little bit too stiff, from my understanding it is due to extra shielding. I'm planning to add a paracord with a ferrite bead to prevent EMI.
On a side note Opticals V2 feel more crispy than Optical V1 that were way too mushy and didn't exactly give me the right amount of click feedback.
I had to switch the DPI from 800 to 1600. With 1000hz mice 1600dpi generally feels slightly smoother than 800 but with the Viper 8khz using 800 felt straight up stuttery.
Thank you for your great bullet point summarization! Straight to the point, useful information, easy to read, short paragraphs.

I might split this thread because there's too many tangents going on concurrently and I want to encourage all of them (but independently and not in a clashing way).

The FPS penalty of having to handle the extra poll rate is also a consideration, and I notice the FPS penalty varies with different systems. 2000 to 4000 is a good compromise to minimize the FPS penalty of improving mouse fluidity.

Thank you!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

kyube

Post by kyube » 17 Oct 2021, 19:54

Did you try out 3200dpi and higher? Higher DPI is a must for higher polling rates, to lower the input lag chain even further!
Have you tested out the polling rate on a DDR3 PC perhaps? I'm curious how much of a performance dip I'd see in games with the 8K polling rate, as I'm still running a sandy bridge i7.
Oh, and don't worry about 3200dpi feeling odd at first, feels fine after a few days of using it. Just adjust sens accordingly ingame! :D

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 18 Oct 2021, 02:04

kyube wrote: ↑
17 Oct 2021, 19:54
Did you try out 3200dpi and higher? Higher DPI is a must for higher polling rates, to lower the input lag chain even further!
Yes! I've tried 20k, 10k, 6400, 4800, 3200 dpi.

input lag feels very low and super smooth with high DPI (except for 20k that suffered from jitters even when the mouse was static on the mousepad) but I feel like I generally aim better with DPI in the 1600-800 range so I use 1600(with 37cm/360).
The main thing preventing me to go higher is the fact that I struggle to loot in Apex with 2k+ DPI (to me low DPI always felt more predictable, if it makes sense, especially when paired with low sens).
Have you tested out the polling rate on a DDR3 PC perhaps? I'm curious how much of a performance dip I'd see in games with the 8K polling rate, as I'm still running a sandy bridge i7.
I did not, I only have a DDR4 platform.

Iirc Razer The_Fiend himself said that he tested using a 4590k and there were no issues with it.

I've had a couple of issues with USB ports tho.
Usb 3.0 is the only USB port working flawlessly. USB 2.0 is limited to 1ms polling event (as expected) and surprisingly USB 3.1 Gen 2 was stuck at 500hz but I crossflashed my B350 bios with a B450 so it might be because the motherboard is trying to emulate USB 3.2 Gen 1/2 on a 3.1 port.

Another thing to keep in mind is keeping high polling rate input devices as far as possible to make sure that they don't use the same USB controller.

I replaced the stock cable with a rearranged JST 2.0 cable from an XM1r, at first I tried using a 2.2m paracord but it didn't work, according to the paracord manufacturer the viper 8khz needs a 1.5m cable with slightly thicker wires.
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 18 Oct 2021, 12:24

18 Oct 2021, 02:04
Yes! I've tried 20k, 10k, 6400, 4800, 3200 dpi.

input lag feels very low and super smooth with high DPI (except for 20k that suffered from jitters even when the mouse was static on the mousepad) but I feel like I generally aim better with DPI in the 1600-800 range so I use 1600(with 37cm/360).
The main thing preventing me to go higher is the fact that I struggle to loot in Apex with 2k+ DPI (to me low DPI always felt more predictable, if it makes sense, especially when paired with low sens).
I did not, I only have a DDR4 platform.

Iirc Razer The_Fiend himself said that he tested using a 4590k and there were no issues with it.

I've had a couple of issues with USB ports tho.
Usb 3.0 is the only USB port working flawlessly. USB 2.0 is limited to 1ms polling event (as expected) and surprisingly USB 3.1 Gen 2 was stuck at 500hz but I crossflashed my B350 bios with a B450 so it might be because the motherboard is trying to emulate USB 3.2 Gen 1/2 on a 3.1 port.

Another thing to keep in mind is keeping high polling rate input devices as far as possible to make sure that they don't use the same USB controller.

I replaced the stock cable with a rearranged JST 2.0 cable from an XM1r, at first I tried using a 2.2m paracord but it didn't work, according to the paracord manufacturer the viper 8khz needs a 1.5m cable with slightly thicker wires.
they(game devs) are not changing in game menu because it's a perk to low cm 360 players. or it's not needed because most none reddit gamers use size M pads.or you should lower your cm360/up your edpi. that's about the 3 main ways to view this.

still, the progressive general suggestion made to the industry by Chief stands.

usb 1.0 is the 1khz blocked one. 2.0 is 8khz top. Best way to make sure no interference is get dedicated gaming ports motherboard. these has been gone over previously in the thread. Which had been my point, that you should at least (re)visit all of the comparatively very few posts Fiend and Chief made in thread. Shortness and bullet points doesn't change the nature of a repeating post, unless the point is to bump thread only for the sake of all those who don't want to read, which I understand. I will continue to post completely original and none repetitive content to contribute, as always not derailing from the big picture nor intentionally dragging on, but progressively more cut to the chase. Would gladly do so on any sub thread formats whatever works, doesn't really matter.