I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Oct 2021, 13:25

kyube wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 19:54
Did you try out 3200dpi and higher? Higher DPI is a must for higher polling rates, to lower the input lag chain even further!
Have you tested out the polling rate on a DDR3 PC perhaps? I'm curious how much of a performance dip I'd see in games with the 8K polling rate, as I'm still running a sandy bridge i7.
Oh, and don't worry about 3200dpi feeling odd at first, feels fine after a few days of using it. Just adjust sens accordingly ingame! :D
I now currently recommend 3200dpi as the best competitive setting in games that has 3-digit sensitivity adjustment capability. But one major problem is mouse pointer too fast in menus.

The problem is many games don't let you have 3200dpi exactly same speed as 400dpi but with much better aiming precision for all aiming speeds (slow aim, medium-speed aim, and fast-speed aim). It's great for lining up shots.

I highly recommend testing Overwatch and Valorant with 3200dpi. I do recommend game developers to add at least 3 digits of sensitivity adjustment because you need 3200dpi "0.125 sensitivity" to match the crosshairs aiming speed speed of 400dpi "1.000 sensitivity".

My big beef is the inability to adjust sensitivity at finer levels -- with at least 3 decimal digits of sensitivity precision.
And going forward, for new games, we need 3 sensitivity adjustments in games as best-practices:
- Separate sensitivity adjustment for mouse pointers
- Separate sensitivity adjustment for FPS turning
- Separate sensitivity adjustment for sniper scope

CS:GO isn't as friendly to high-Hz high-DPI operation, but in a properly optimized game, high-Hz high-DPI is mouse nirvana on 240Hz, 300Hz, 360Hz and 390Hz. Unchanged mouseturn speed but much precise slow-aiming to line up shots. Until you hit Esc and bring up the menu -- and the pointer rockets.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jorimt

Post by jorimt » 18 Oct 2021, 13:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 13:25
one major problem is mouse pointer too fast in menus.
I just started a new game of Dying Light recently (many years after my original playthrough), and to my surprise, there's a separate menu and in-game mouse sensitivity option, so my Viper 8k at 3200 DPI/8000 Hz in that game is working just fine.

The sensitivity settings are solely sliders (without decimal-level numbers to input), but it's better than nothing. Too bad most other games (at the very least) don't offer a dedicated menu sensitivity option.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 18 Oct 2021, 15:52

also another thing is how maybe pov games should all get rid of unrealistic menus all together, and/or find better realizations of it, like some mind blowing stuff like iphone integrating features and making things flow back in the day. isn't that the point of a pov game in the first place? But I'm not valid to talk about that as I wish I had time/energy to dabble with all the sim veering games of the gaming corners. But I had the impression that's what some games were pushing for, what with the transparent pop up UI stuff, just using keyboard commands and using mouse only as handwaves

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 18 Oct 2021, 17:11

Chief Blur Buster wrote: But one major problem is mouse pointer too fast in menus.
Why don't you use "pointer speed". windows?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Oct 2021, 19:29

1000WATT wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:11
Chief Blur Buster wrote: But one major problem is mouse pointer too fast in menus.
Why don't you use "pointer speed". windows?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
This works great with many games, but since Windows does not let me dynamically change that setting on a per-game basis, it's hard.

- It makes some games worse (older games that abuse the Windows pointer API for everything)
- It makes some games better (games that run rawinput for turns/sniper but usual Windows pointer APIs for menus)

Perhaps there is a third party utility that will "Gaming Profiles" the Microsoft Windows Pointer Sensitivity setting?
Are there any?

Consequently I leave it at 6/11 for maximal game compatibility, from the lack of automatic switching between different games (change pollrate AND dpi AND windows sensitivity). If I could configure all 3 automatically on a per game basis with one easy app, the generic recommendation would be thrown out of the window and the textbook can be kind of rewritten.

An open source universal mouse profile switcher (DPI, poll Hz, *and* Windows pointer sensitivity, etc) would be lovely -- does more than what Razer's utility does. Or perhaps this is a suggestion that @Razer_TheFriend could use; to also add automatic control of Windows pointer sensitivity into the profiles setting of Razer Synapse? Then more people will use 3200dpi and up.

P.S. Another major problem hurting 8KHz mice is the "Enhance pointer precision" setting in Windows Mouse Properties. It makes 8KHz go wonky -- 500Hz vs 1000Hz vs 8KHz should move cursor the same speed at the same DPI, but that only happens if Enhance Pointer Precision is turned off.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 18 Oct 2021, 20:01

i've already used 2/11 20k/18k for the better part of a year already, and Battlenonsense last was seen brushed off my suggestion to try 5k dpi 3/11 if things don't work ("not topic of this video"). I reorganized my suggestion again later on and no reply I think. So basically he doesn't even think that there should be a concern, if he actually somehow even understood what I said. I can't verify for every game every pad either. So the lazy one stop shop to do remains maxing dpi, and windows edpi is a mere 1250/1125. Razer 3399AM-t6qu extend it to 1625 edpi but again it'd have to be 8khz release to make it meaningful.

For games I am pretty confident that the lack of variety in good quality cords to accommodate 8khz capability is also another happy coincidence if not exactly why a higher edpi is very much a core value (aka intended), cus the mice can change however it want physically, but the hand physicality never changes for an individual. You can't ask all people to work out their whatever, over pixel fights...skinnies and glasses nerds escape reality for a reason...The posture is just never going to change. I don't know why it should be. Max posture stability is so undervalued by low edpi users. The impact of extended dislocation and traverse of the shoulder and arm distance not only away from a center reset point but also away from the monitor and keyboard far outweight the benefit of keeping a more extended linear X-Y pathing of the sensor, and there's not even a consensus on exactly how much linear accuracy weight vs circular nuanced micro adjustments and well, quake players' favorite "tracking" (hitscan), so that basically cuts even more points off the low edpi debate. (Apple ad quote by Steve Jobs : "I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been". Might I say, very meta?)

On the other hand, 8khz is purely and cleanly, a digital upgrade, for all. It just so happens it works better with high dpi and very likely high edpi (by lets say 400/800 1 igs standard, for sure)

I feel like we are brushing up old conversations mostly again, but happy to go incrementally further.

wtfisgoingon

Post by wtfisgoingon » 12 Nov 2021, 18:34

I recently got this mouse and had an issue with a specific UE4 game "Dead By Daylight" which took me a little while to figure out, and I thought I would share my experience on the off chance it helps someone else.

When attempting to play this game mouse movement would be perfectly fine while in the menu and lobbies, however as soon as a match started and I moved the mouse it was extremely obvious that something wasn't working correctly because I now had to move my mouse more than 5x the distance that I normally would to complete a 360.

I checked all usual settings from windows mouse settings (6/11 position, enhance disabled) to changing DPI settings on the .exe for my game but nothing would fix it.

I discovered eventually that Dead By Daylight has "mouse smoothing" enabled by default and also has it hidden so it doesn't show up in any of the ini files which is why I had no idea it was even on.

I was able to resolve this issue completely by adding:

[/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

To input.ini (and only input.ini it didn't work when I tried adding it to GameUserSettings.ini or Engine.ini or Scaleability.ini) and I tested this a half dozen time times just to make sure it wasn't some strange fluke and got the exact same results each time.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 17 Nov 2021, 12:11

wtfisgoingon wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 18:34
thanks for feedback!

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 29 Nov 2021, 18:58

Hello everyone. I have the Razer 8K. ( with a Alienware 360 hz monitor, a 19-12900K and a 3080ti)

I have 3 questions:

1: I Mainly play PUBG. When i put the mouse on 1600 DPI I cant loot cause the menu is to fast. Its not worth it. I rather leave it on 800 DPI then. I can use 1600 DPI when i put the Windows 10 mouse sensitivity on 4/11. But does PUBG uses raw input when the loot screen is dependable on your windows sensitivity settings?

My main 1st question: Shall i play A :PUBG with 800 DPI, 6/11 Windows sensitivity or B: 1600 DPI, with 4/11 Windows sensitivity? ( both on 8k pollingrate)

2: Is it worth the trouble putting a Paracord on the Razer 8K?

3: Is it worth the trouble putting ( tiger arc1) skates on it?

I hope to hear from you guys!
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 04 Dec 2021, 17:44

daviddave1 wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 18:58
Hello everyone. I have the Razer 8K. ( with a Alienware 360 hz monitor, a 19-12900K and a 3080ti)

I have 3 questions:

1: I Mainly play PUBG. When i put the mouse on 1600 DPI I cant loot cause the menu is to fast. Its not worth it. I rather leave it on 800 DPI then. I can use 1600 DPI when i put the Windows 10 mouse sensitivity on 4/11. But does PUBG uses raw input when the loot screen is dependable on your windows sensitivity settings?

My main 1st question: Shall i play A :PUBG with 800 DPI, 6/11 Windows sensitivity or B: 1600 DPI, with 4/11 Windows sensitivity? ( both on 8k pollingrate)

2: Is it worth the trouble putting a Paracord on the Razer 8K?

3: Is it worth the trouble putting ( tiger arc1) skates on it?

I hope to hear from you guys!
it does. that's only the loot screen. not the aiming.

u should play with 2/11 and max/whatever dpi keeping same edpi.

most paracords don't befit the extra shielding requirement for the usb hs aka 8x transfer.

well no the stock is already top tier. the aftermarkets have differences u can try them all for your pads and your preferences