I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Dec 2021, 18:15

Adjusting Windows sensitivity is extremely risky if you don’t know how it interferes with a specific game.

Setting Windows sensitivity can be very useful to control the mouse pointer speed, ONLY if the specific games you play use rawinput for gaming, and Windows input for menus/inventory screens. If you know the game you play correctly ignores Windows input for critical esports moments (turning/aiming/etc) and use only rawinput, then adjusting Windows sensitivity only affects the menus (hopefully)

Unfortunately not all games follow this (especially older games), and some games go much worse if you adjust Windows sensitivity away from 6/11. Your mileage will vary (YMMV), just make sure to know which games are “Windows Sensitivity” safe (going away from 6/11 setting doesn’t interfere with gaming in that particular game).

I have wondered. Does anyone have a specific list of games that behave correctly with this? (Rawinput for non-mouse-pointer gaming operations, and Windows mouse deltas for mouse pointer operations). Theoretically we can simply blacklist the games that are known to behave improperly, and perhaps even write a third party utility that undoes the custom Windows sensitivity setting for an incompatible game…
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 05 Dec 2021, 05:08

Yesterday i installed a Caseking Paracord on the 8K Razer. It feels AMAZING. I can take some corners now in Quake Live I could not take before cause the fat wire would not allow it. It feels like you had a big fat belly before and could not move well cause your belly was blocking the movement. Now thats gone. Wish i knew this before. Highly recommended. I also put Tiger skates on it. They are nice too.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 08 Dec 2021, 13:11

tiger skates? there's like 3 versions at least by now, batches vary too but same can be said for corepads etc..well even Razer themselves I think esp different models (of the same date)

A list would be nice indeed

woland

Post by woland » 09 Dec 2021, 21:59

frequency.png
frequency.png (197.62 KiB) Viewed 6552 times
Am I correct in my interpretation of the image above as a highly unstable polling rate? This is at 4000hz, 3800 CPI (I use 3800 dpi).

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 10 Dec 2021, 14:29

ffs people. stop using that pointless program lol

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 10 Dec 2021, 14:56

lyrill wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 14:29
suggest an alternative
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 11 Dec 2021, 19:51

1000WATT wrote:
10 Dec 2021, 14:56
lyrill wrote:
suggest an alternative
alternative to being completely pointless? have you seen anyone actually analyzing it? as opposed to any average rando joe can up and always slamming that thing on some stupid worthless dated archaic "review" sharade, or not even that. acting as if anyone can possibly understand just what the hell it means, it's just bs. ok? now it's become a pocket charm for dissing the viper 8k among other useless shill opinions

the hz is variable and it's been stated by me since the very start (of the actual launch, or at least within the month cus i care not recall) it doesn't scale fast enough for zero pixelation hence defeating/negating/failing the purpose of the design of upping hz at all (because 250hz is a lulfest of low poly bullshit) it doesn't matter what hz you want to set, 8k or 4k or 2k, it's never always that unless you literally never stop your mouse going in wacky speed. And don't forget any time you lift it up (I don't want to talk lod in this post but you can see my contempt in my lack of bothering to specify terms),like any other mouse, the thing completely cuts off, meaning guaranteed zero hz, without any shaky doubt. and if there is any reason that the hz "becomes stable" and not zero in any way, it's because it's bottlenecked by design, like any other mouse, exactly so as not to trash your delicate cpu (not gonna talk hardware industry again). You think they don't want to make a USB3+ only mice with 24khz or even Mhz level report rate to cater to actually ascended userbase (like moi) with elite level flick speeds AND more importantly edpi? (YES, IT IS ABOUT THE CONSCIOUS CHOICES, RICHARD) It's an objective fact that there is a limit to the physical capability of human arm, much more so than there is a limit to digital imaging power of existing and future tech. You are supposed to get with advancing tech, not cling/digress/devolve to the monkey level physik showboating. Unfortunately there's somehow too many of those people and thus current lackluster market appetite and level of discerning taste in gaming result in this lukewarm receptance and endless low grade doubt and after quite enough of it from me and all the more savvy folks, you have logitech still unashamedly shelling out videos pretending like they know best.

There is no ideal situation for no bottlenecking nor overflowing because firstly they don't care about overflowing nor should you since currently nothing overflows beyond 2khz ish, and the overflowing stuff doesn't feed into helping with the bottlenecking, because primal tech framework is ancient. it's completely locked in in regards to your speed. and that's actually what you guys seem to want, imagine the zzz.or always wanted, what with the "accel sucks" parade since whensoever. the ratio of the hz vs speed is completely pre set. if there is no fluctuation of that, then there is no "problem". now YOU link me a program that does that since I'm the first and only one even noticing this problem and still dissecting it , after a whole year.

You know what, the more apparent thing about accel is that if one day people realized that optical truly is trash vs laser or even better tech infrastructure, or aka the actual tech/scientists lead the design, not arbitrary "gamers/pros" who don't even go nearly as deep into it (how many LYRILL have you found in this hobby in all its years?), actually fully pathing out supply and demand as one ideal, then all of mousepad would be redesigned. currently people are only designing mousepad limited to having to cater to the limitation of the way people think accel shouldn't be used, think lod can be 1mm or higher, think a completely satin flat hard surface that is not just objectively most devoid of actual physical bullshit but also super reassuring to rest hand on, knowing it's solid, premium, rich and not janky... cannot be read well if at all etcetc it's honestly pathetic.

1000WATT

Post by 1000WATT » 11 Dec 2021, 22:40

sometimes it seems to me that he is a bot.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 12 Dec 2021, 13:52

u don't have to prove your signature m8, good day
Moderator Team Warning:

lyrill has violated forum rules excessively in this thread:
-- violated the rule far more than others in this thread;
-- was repeatedly rude to other moderators;
-- made rude replies excessively;
-- monopolized the thread (made excessive number of replies to somebody else's thread) -- also a rule violation;
-- thread-bashed on other social media such as Twitter -- a very major rule violation;

lyrill wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 19:34
just because the mods try to be lax don't mean you can go ham like it's twitter m8. good day, bye.
lyrill wrote:
lyrill wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 13:52
u don't have to prove your signature m8, good day

(and more than 20 prior examples)

woland

Post by woland » 12 Dec 2021, 16:35

1000WATT wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 22:40
sometimes it seems to me that he is a bot.
You're not alone in that opinion, but I think he's just asocial and doesn't see how his attitude is perceived by others.