I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lyrill

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by lyrill » 19 Aug 2021, 08:32

RAWWIN wrote:
18 Aug 2021, 10:05
lyrill wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 17:31
ChillyRide1712 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 15:41
ptuga wrote:
28 Jul 2021, 13:04
The problem with mainstream reviewers...

I would like to see how these boards affect pooling rate stability at 8khz.
Polling Rate stability is a myth!!!Non of existing mouse gives u stable polling rate but people still play and use this mices in cyber arena. Like Razer explained 30 pages ago or so 0.125ms is matter, ur favourite mouse shape is matter. Also all this stupid tests where software cant take full exclusive control of hardware is useless cause Windows composer and other shitcrap software ineracts with all this tests. Buy this mouse, use high dpi, enjoy games.

also XXXX pages ago it was ME who asked Razer to integrate/make their own tester in synapse or have you forgotten that

if areson isn't still the only reference tester I wouldn't still be using it. if razer synapse 2 is still supported i would use it over rs3 simply because it allowed custom naming on calib settings. don't be a 3 post account trying to tell people what to do in 3 words while dissing "pages of posts"......saying "your favorite shape matters" then say people should /can all enjoy viper automatically is kinda self contradicting too but not expecting much sense out of you really

also a long standing question for you -TheFiend : will the tracking be more accurately calibrated while having nothing running in windows or while having game at least started in menu(since some games even full load gpu in menu sorta "prebaking the pc" if you like) or even in practice lobby or whatever? I don't do this back with my old pc for obvious reasons, but now that I have a decent updated rig there's a bunch of things and long standing habits I would have to change sooner or later
Sorry, meant to address last question to lyrill
"Do you not have any stutters/fps drops using this mouse @8000Hz in games like Apex/Warzone/Fortnite/even CS?
I have watched ChillyRide's video on his fix, but even after the fix he still drops from 1100 fps to like 700fps when moving his mouse fast in Valorant(in practice) which is a pretty huge amount.
How does using 8kHz polling rate affect your fps in games, and which monitor do u use?"

wtf is wrong with people complaining about fps drops, first it's csgo from 400 to 300 now it's 1k+ to 700???? seriously?

and to think on the other end of the spectrum u get people dissing anything past 144hz as vaporware.

No, I don't play valorant or any of the fotm trash games because they are so generic it makes me want to puke. I don't even play pubg anymore. thank brendan greene for abandoning yet another project, for lack of a more obvious scapegoat. On the mouse part thank Razer for not putting 8k on Basilisk, because obviously none of the heads play pubg or care enough, or even if they do, even I cannot find enough use for the double dpi which I always binded to zeroing because again thanks brendan greene and all the idiots who turned what could have been the singularity in gaming into another esport lelgigkul, because THEY are the impatient ones who cannot play a methodic game themselves enough and/or don't want to wait for enough freeloaders to all get to appreciate that kind of play so they can actually cash in when things get really big and stable.

RAWWIN

Post by RAWWIN » 19 Aug 2021, 23:59

lyrill wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 08:32
wtf is wrong with people complaining about fps drops, first it's csgo from 400 to 300 now it's 1k+ to 700???? seriously?

and to think on the other end of the spectrum u get people dissing anything past 144hz as vaporware.

No, I don't play valorant or any of the fotm trash games because they are so generic it makes me want to puke. I don't even play pubg anymore. thank brendan greene for abandoning yet another project, for lack of a more obvious scapegoat. On the mouse part thank Razer for not putting 8k on Basilisk, because obviously none of the heads play pubg or care enough, or even if they do, even I cannot find enough use for the double dpi which I always binded to zeroing because again thanks brendan greene and all the idiots who turned what could have been the singularity in gaming into another esport lelgigkul, because THEY are the impatient ones who cannot play a methodic game themselves enough and/or don't want to wait for enough freeloaders to all get to appreciate that kind of play so they can actually cash in when things get really big and stable.
Thank you for the answer! Ordered the mouse, think I know a good fix for possible stutters, so we will see if I can make it work.
Well, there is a video capturing that FPS frop I've described, it's not me making this up

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 20 Aug 2021, 15:58

RAWWIN wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 23:59
lyrill wrote:

Thank you for the answer! Ordered the mouse, think I know a good fix for possible stutters, so we will see if I can make it work.
Well, there is a video capturing that FPS frop I've described, it's not me making this up

you are saying training or lobby or whatever, what do you get in game is what matters. and of course there would be fluctuations games these days are none of them optimized FOR stable high fps gaming, because GPUs aren't either.

RAWWIN

Post by RAWWIN » 22 Aug 2021, 12:18

lyrill wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 15:58
RAWWIN wrote:
lyrill wrote:

you are saying training or lobby or whatever, what do you get in game is what matters. and of course there would be fluctuations games these days are none of them optimized FOR stable high fps gaming, because GPUs aren't either.
HPET off+Windows Fullscreen Optimizations off in registry+for the game's exe file, no FPS drops/no stutters so far, very happy!!!

RAWWIN

Post by RAWWIN » 22 Aug 2021, 14:35

RAWWIN wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 12:18
lyrill wrote:
RAWWIN wrote:
lyrill wrote:

HPET off+Windows Fullscreen Optimizations off in registry+for the game's exe file, no FPS drops/no stutters so far, very happy!!!
Veeeery happy with this mouse rn, very impressed

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 27 Aug 2021, 06:51

no idea what you are on about but good for you

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 15 Sep 2021, 04:11

RAWWIN wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 14:35
RAWWIN wrote:
lyrill wrote:
RAWWIN wrote:

Impressed with what? I would be very curious because I would like to buy it ..

RAWWIN

Post by RAWWIN » 17 Sep 2021, 06:22

slaver01 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 04:11
RAWWIN wrote:
RAWWIN wrote:
lyrill wrote:

Much smoother and more responsive aiming, it feels like a higher refresh monitor, but for your mouse movement. I can feel it a lot on my 240hz monitor compared to 1kHz mice. Plus it's the fastest mouse in terms of response time

slaver01

Post by slaver01 » 17 Sep 2021, 07:25

RAWWIN wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 06:22
slaver01 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 04:11
RAWWIN wrote:
RAWWIN wrote:

Much smoother and more responsive aiming, it feels like a higher refresh monitor, but for your mouse movement. I can feel it a lot on my 240hz monitor compared to 1kHz mice. Plus it's the fastest mouse in terms of response time
Do you use it at 8khz?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 18 Sep 2021, 17:21

oh btw for those who live in a cave: corsair is calling their 2khz wireless sabre pro "hyper polling" . I guess any higher than 1khz u gone call it hp now huh? as if 2khz is such a none apologetic offer (also, again duh mech switches tho, it's like they are complementing ss using opticals on their 1khz mice omegalul---actually I wouldn't mind a shape that blends the keris, the prime, the kain, the saber, and the new and old kones, and the vaxee stuff, oh and don't forget first announce 3370 makalu. You can do it Razer, you already did successfully mainline the fk clone to death or do I have to remind ourselves what thread we are on--and there is obviously no apparent attempt to fuse existing models of your own so might as well try something different a bit more complicated but bold)

>.>

slightly related Razer released 8khz kb too after having said it's "pointless on a kb" (you can hear similar stuff said by wooting justifying their 1khz 0.1mm, oh and also they kinda evaded the reason why there needs to be customizable reset points--to the same granularity ofc--when anyone who buys that kb only does so because they want more from what apex pro can't give--at 60gf supposedly marked at 2mm as per standard procedure of 4mm end travel switch, it's 3gf lowest actuation force. apex pro 45gf 2mm means a "whopping 9gf lowest. so there is no resetting customization at 0.1mm actuation much like there is no assymetrical lod when you just want the lowest front and back and set it to 1/10 and forget--did I mention nobody since the stone ages use customized X-Y axis dpi anymore.....?)

oh and a really missed opportunity from EVGA to place lod sensors on all 4 if not 8 directions and THEN customize each lod sensor per lifting preferences. I get that a lot of users just get used to what they have and even there's some sort of skill/mastery in adaptability involved but some cold hard facts or cold hard habits just can't be argued with. (i didn't say 9 because as much as there are pads that give in or not, there are no pads so far that bounces back higher than stock height)