I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
mossfalt

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by mossfalt » 30 Mar 2021, 04:35

Xen0m wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 10:42
very creative :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Mar 2021, 05:47

lyrill wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 11:57
on the other hand I only just found out that 480hz was already released by TCL last year (no actual product release yet but I'm trying to find out when and how)....I won't further monopolize a seemingly dead thread unless someone wants to know, just pm me or something..
Over the last 20 years, many TVs have advertised motion-equivalence ratios like "Sony Motionflow 960" -- aka 960Hz equivalence. Or the 600 Hz plasma. Or the DLP 1440Hz 1-bit field rate. These are not fully temporally formed native refresh cycles, but tricks/gimmicks/techniques but simply subdivides the same refresh cycles images in various manners (whether temporal dithering, counting black frames as part of refresh cycles, counting the added frames of interpolation, and whatnot), but this does not increase the number of unique images per second accepted on the video input. TCL 480 Hz is currently part of this "fake refresh rate" universe, it is not actual 480 unique fully-formed refresh cycles per second.

RTINGS piece about fake refresh rates also mentions TCL:
www.rtings.com/tv/learn/fake-refresh-rates-samsung-clear-motion-rate-vs-sony-motionflow-vs-lg-trumotion

There were also some lawsuits against TCL too, on this matter.

A faked refresh rate, unlike the true-360 Hz of PG259QN and the true-8000 Hz of Razer Viper 8KHz, etc.

However...

There is some sense for a true measured motion clarity ratio (MMCR) that is proportional to the display's actual motion clarity -- but it has to be true measured -- which is simply the inverse of MPRT (1/MPRT). So a 4ms MPRT display has a Motion Clarity Ratio of 240. And a 1ms MPRT display has a Motion Clarity Ratio of 1000. And a 0.3ms MPRT display has a Motoin Clarity Ratio of 3333.

The best way to a honest "motion clarity benchmark number" would simply be measuring MPRT(100%), and then inversing the MPRT via 1/MPRT. But it will never be necessarily a native refresh rate number.

The problem is the way this is marketed/misunderstood as a fake-Hz without measurements, rather than a "Measured Motion Equivalence Ratio" of some kind -- it always should be based on an inverse MPRT, with actual oscilloscope measured data.

And explained better with a proper disclaimer. "This measurement is not a native refresh rate, but a measured index number that becomes bigger for clearer-motion displays."

The measured index number is designed to more correctly equal the motion blur of an equivalent sample-and-hold display." Much how 2ms strobe backlight (1/480sec flashes) at any lower Hz, still can exactly match the display motion blur of a perfect true-0ms-GtG-480fps-480Hz sample-and-hold display (1/480sec MPRT100% too).

But many manufacturers advertised these "fake refresh rates" with zero measurements, advertising exaggerated motion clarity index numbers that don't bear proper resemblance to the inverse of MPRT, whether the inverse of MPRT(10->90%) or the inverse of MPRT(100%) -- because of extra blur from interpolation artifacts, extra blur/artifacts from bad strobe crosstalk, and extra blur from duplicate-image effects other image-processing algorithms, etc.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

masneb

Post by masneb » 30 Mar 2021, 06:49

DONT DO THIS, READ LATER POST

Dumb obligatory post. I looked for this when I first bought my mouse, there is a firmware update for the mouse you have to get specifically through the download section of the website. It's not available through synapse or on the product page. Doesn't seem to fix any of the problems I have, but probably something people should update if they're trying to benchmark things.

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.p ... egoryid=76
Last edited by masneb on 01 Apr 2021, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 30 Mar 2021, 19:20

I want to correct two things that I have said earyler in this thread.

I said that with this mouse at 8K does not work with VIA 3.0 pci-e card - well it works now for some reason.

also I said that 8k polling with this mouse does now work with planetside 2 game at fullscreen. but that does also seems to work now.

for what ever reason.. who cares if it works right :D

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 30 Mar 2021, 22:10

Are the boards like the Taichi Z590 just simply using a faster speed port and advertising it as dedicated smoother faster gaming ports, or is there some real science and innovation behind it?

e.g. https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E1681315798 ... 6813157988

EDIT: Asrock product page says separate controller USB & PCIe.. it sounds like it's essentially the same as being on separate controller hubs
Last edited by BTRY B 529th FA BN on 31 Mar 2021, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 31 Mar 2021, 03:56

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 05:47
lyrill wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 11:57
on the other hand I only just found out that 480hz was already released by TCL last year (no actual product release yet but I'm trying to find out when and how)....I won't further monopolize a seemingly dead thread unless someone wants to know, just pm me or something..
Over the last 20 years, many TVs have advertised motion-equivalence ratios like "Sony Motionflow 960" -- aka 960Hz equivalence. Or the 600 Hz plasma. Or the DLP 1440Hz 1-bit field rate. These are not fully temporally formed native refresh cycles, but tricks/gimmicks/techniques but simply subdivides the same refresh cycles images in various manners (whether temporal dithering, counting black frames as part of refresh cycles, counting the added frames of interpolation, and whatnot), but this does not increase the number of unique images per second accepted on the video input. TCL 480 Hz is currently part of this "fake refresh rate" universe, it is not actual 480 unique fully-formed refresh cycles per second.

RTINGS piece about fake refresh rates also mentions TCL:
www.rtings.com/tv/learn/fake-refresh-rates-samsung-clear-motion-rate-vs-sony-motionflow-vs-lg-trumotion

There were also some lawsuits against TCL too, on this matter.

A faked refresh rate, unlike the true-360 Hz of PG259QN and the true-8000 Hz of Razer Viper 8KHz, etc.

However...

There is some sense for a true measured motion clarity ratio (MMCR) that is proportional to the display's actual motion clarity -- but it has to be true measured -- which is simply the inverse of MPRT (1/MPRT). So a 4ms MPRT display has a Motion Clarity Ratio of 240. And a 1ms MPRT display has a Motion Clarity Ratio of 1000. And a 0.3ms MPRT display has a Motoin Clarity Ratio of 3333.

The best way to a honest "motion clarity benchmark number" would simply be measuring MPRT(100%), and then inversing the MPRT via 1/MPRT. But it will never be necessarily a native refresh rate number.

The problem is the way this is marketed/misunderstood as a fake-Hz without measurements, rather than a "Measured Motion Equivalence Ratio" of some kind -- it always should be based on an inverse MPRT, with actual oscilloscope measured data.

And explained better with a proper disclaimer. "This measurement is not a native refresh rate, but a measured index number that becomes bigger for clearer-motion displays."

The measured index number is designed to more correctly equal the motion blur of an equivalent sample-and-hold display." Much how 2ms strobe backlight (1/480sec flashes) at any lower Hz, still can exactly match the display motion blur of a perfect true-0ms-GtG-480fps-480Hz sample-and-hold display (1/480sec MPRT100% too).

But many manufacturers advertised these "fake refresh rates" with zero measurements, advertising exaggerated motion clarity index numbers that don't bear proper resemblance to the inverse of MPRT, whether the inverse of MPRT(10->90%) or the inverse of MPRT(100%) -- because of extra blur from interpolation artifacts, extra blur/artifacts from bad strobe crosstalk, and extra blur from duplicate-image effects other image-processing algorithms, etc.

are you sure you are talking about the end of 2020 release? the 27'' FHD R800 VA 1ms Mini LED (512 backlit zones) 480hz VESA HDR1400 Freesync Premium Pro

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 31 Mar 2021, 04:06

masneb wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 06:49
Dumb obligatory post. I looked for this when I first bought my mouse, there is a firmware update for the mouse you have to get specifically through the download section of the website. It's not available through synapse or on the product page. Doesn't seem to fix any of the problems I have, but probably something people should update if they're trying to benchmark things.

same thing released 3 days prior on reddit

masneb

Post by masneb » 01 Apr 2021, 21:30

masneb wrote:

And maintaining status quo with bleeding edge hardware. After updating my mouse to the latest firmware I notice glitching with mouse movement occasionally becoming erratic, like it occasionally loses tracking. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade firmware. I would recommend people NOT upgrade their firmware. It not only didn't fix any issues with polling, it seemingly made tracking worse.

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 02 Apr 2021, 14:53

masneb wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 21:30
masneb wrote:

And maintaining status quo with bleeding edge hardware. After updating my mouse to the latest firmware I notice glitching with mouse movement occasionally becoming erratic, like it occasionally loses tracking. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade firmware. I would recommend people NOT upgrade their firmware. It not only didn't fix any issues with polling, it seemingly made tracking worse.
you cannot speak for everyone's experience, you should specify exactly what it is you are experiencing under what conditions so that Razer can fix it (since you are implying it's a common issue, for everyone that has it), if they are still reading.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 02 Apr 2021, 22:39

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 05:47
(snip)
Chief, is this 240hz /1000 capture a normal example or is this worse than average?
it's my XL2746S + Logitech g903 at 3200 DPI. It's the best I can do with my phone :(

https://i.imgur.com/zTCeMII.jpg