I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
rasmas

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by rasmas » 01 Oct 2020, 16:09

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 11:02
And yes, you may need to upgrade your system if you're usinga motherboard/USB ports that does not do 8000 Hz well.
I'm curious, how can i know if hardware supports it? (looking to get a new PC :D ).

By the way, i understand that this means that slight movements of the mouse will be more precise, right? Will it need a better or with special materials mousepad?

Anyway, very interesting!

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 01 Oct 2020, 16:15

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 12:00
Is this going to be a completely new mouse, or implemented into current shapes, (Viper, DA) etc, also does which USB port type you use have any effect on it? USB 2.0 vs 3.2 gen2 etc, and also will this be possible on Windows 7/8.1 or just 10?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 01 Oct 2020, 18:06

So it's using a variant of USB full speed, with custom drivers, rather than hi-speed which is natively 8khz?

NDUS

Post by NDUS » 01 Oct 2020, 18:14

Sparky wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 18:06
So it's using a variant of USB full speed, with custom drivers, rather than hi-speed which is natively 8khz?
In https://www.computerbase.de/2020-10/raz ... 000-hertz/ they say the cord is thicker than a usual Viper cord (more wires - a requirement of USB Hi-speed) which all-but confirms it's a USB Hi-speed MCU, same method as the Atompalm Hydrogen

Razer_TheFiend
Manufacturer

Post by Razer_TheFiend » 01 Oct 2020, 19:05

Mr1991 wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 16:15
Razer_TheFiend wrote:
Is this going to be a completely new mouse, or implemented into current shapes, (Viper, DA) etc, also does which USB port type you use have any effect on it? USB 2.0 vs 3.2 gen2 etc, and also will this be possible on Windows 7/8.1 or just 10?
Any USB port over USB 2 is all the same - the mouse itself is a USB 2.0 high-speed device, so connecting it to the USB 3 port wouldn't give you any additional benefits.

The final product is TBC, we're keeping both options open (releasing in a new shell or one of the existing shells).
Sparky wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 18:06
It is the latter - USB 2.0 high-speed with native 125us polling, running on generic windows drivers.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Oct 2020, 19:57

NDUS wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 13:50
You can actually recompile OBS to let it record framerates of 10,000+ just by replacing "120" with "999999" in this file: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studi ... ettings.ui - or if you don't wanna recompile you can use a memory editor (ie. cheat engine) to change the FPS integer

I've tested it up to 2400fps @ 360p and it worked fine, with the NVENC engine of my 1070 at 93% utilization.
Fantastic stuff! You should send a git pull request for the github issue I've created at OBS. All video tools need to be UltraHFR compatible. And, in addition, OBS also sounds like a great screen recorder debugging tool for high-Hz micrstuttering phenomenae, such as debugging 1000Hz+ gaming mouse drivers.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Oct 2020, 20:00

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
We're actually looking at a Synapse software feature that would allow polling to be allocated to a single CPU core with "high" priority to minimize the impact, given how games are GPU bottlenecked anyways. No promises yet though, still an exploration.
Yes, I would agree with this, too. Hammering out all weak links is very important for 8000 Hz.

(Welcome Razer! Thanks for sending me the impressive prototype for Blur Busters to test. I've authenticated you as having registered from a @razer.com email address, so I've added a manufacturer tag to your forum profile! This serves as a public notification to thread readers that I'm vouching for your authenticity)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

phaze

Post by phaze » 01 Oct 2020, 22:27

I hope you try to answer this,

You think they will ever release this version in wireless? And if not, is it because of the signal interference from the environment and the controller cant handle 8k hz wirelessly cuz its not reliable or other reason? Also does the controller require better capacitor than the 1000hz handler one to be able to transmit and recieve signals every 0.125ms? (I/o rate),
And could be pushed through software update and not hardware update for the Razer Deathadder Pro v2? Or any other new razer optical switches? Thanks

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 01 Oct 2020, 23:25

I don't think bluetooth can do 8khz, but I'm sure you could do it with a custom dongle.

Are there any wireless mice that use IrDA?

Razer_TheFiend
Manufacturer

Post by Razer_TheFiend » 01 Oct 2020, 23:57

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 20:00
Razer_TheFiend wrote:
We're actually looking at a Synapse software feature that would allow polling to be allocated to a single CPU core with "high" priority to minimize the impact, given how games are GPU bottlenecked anyways. No promises yet though, still an exploration.
Yes, I would agree with this, too. Hammering out all weak links is very important for 8000 Hz.

(Welcome Razer! Thanks for sending me the impressive prototype for Blur Busters to test. I've authenticated you as having registered from a @razer.com email address, so I've added a manufacturer tag to your forum profile! This serves as a public notification to thread readers that I'm vouching for your authenticity)
Thanks for having me. I'm excited to hear people's experiences and issues as well, so that we know all the weak links are.
phaze wrote:
01 Oct 2020, 22:27
I hope you try to answer this,

You think they will ever release this version in wireless? And if not, is it because of the signal interference from the environment and the controller cant handle 8k hz wirelessly cuz its not reliable or other reason? Also does the controller require better capacitor than the 1000hz handler one to be able to transmit and recieve signals every 0.125ms? (I/o rate),
And could be pushed through software update and not hardware update for the Razer Deathadder Pro v2? Or any other new razer optical switches? Thanks
I already addressed this on page 2, a few posts ago. Native 8000Hz is achieved using bespoke hardware, it isn't a firmware/software update.