I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
RAWWIN

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by RAWWIN » 19 Sep 2021, 05:00

slaver01 wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 07:25
RAWWIN wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 06:22
slaver01 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 04:11
RAWWIN wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 14:35

Veeeery happy with this mouse rn, very impressed
Impressed with what? I would be very curious because I would like to buy it ..
Much smoother and more responsive aiming, it feels like a higher refresh monitor, but for your mouse movement. I can feel it a lot on my 240hz monitor compared to 1kHz mice. Plus it's the fastest mouse in terms of response time
Do you use it at 8khz?
I do, and it works without any issues for me in any game

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 21 Sep 2021, 16:12

it has recently come to me that if you are are zowie diehard that can only use max 3200 dpi and obviously in the 6/11 diehard demographic as well, or that you are used to the owl eye I /tm3 max legit dpi of around 3k+, the t6qu 3399AM previously teased here will let you use exactly 8X+ as much dpi, befitting the 8X hz bump that will surely come on the next mouse we are all waiting for. Oh and btw since I've been sorta on 1250 edpi, 3200 edpi will surely require even less wireless form factor. So please focus on perfecting the 26000 dpi accuracy, stock low LOD (or maybe just ship a thicker stock skate for starters?), and optimal hybrid DOITALL shape (minimum dropoff from m1 to m2-- yes I'm speaking as a decade ALTRA diehard who hasn't touched my 100s of Nikes/Adidas/Asics etc trash for ages--, no inward curves in the middle, no needless V shaped sides, no needless finger grooves limiting stance--because not everyone wears Vibram5fingers-- or uncomfortably edgy outward curves.). You can do it, again I've given you all the major tips.

and please no middle sensor ring, your flagship last i checked is still the Acari. And the GigantusV2 and Strider both are firmer than the average cloth pad. There's barely anything to press down to nor will it provide much more "control" than 6mm spongy cloth, so people who are used to harder pads simply do NOT press their mice as an acquired taste, unlike some random boomer reseller of Artisan Xsoft Hayate Otsu/Shidenkai tried to preach. It's not a preference thing really, if you are talking about comfort Razer doesn't even allow orings end travel reduc on their entire huntsman line..nor do all the GMK kids and the entirety of boomers on r/mk use them....anyways I've not used a single middle sensor ring solution that doesn't attract more dust than it potentially stops-------indeed if it was never there, it's not like dust would fly onto the sensor to begin with. and if dust do so, vertically duh, then the sensor ring won't do a damn thing because it's ......lateral blockage.....all it ever does is closing the proximity of a dense gatheration(yes that's a word now) of dust that potentialize(..) dust jerking around, which would have been smaller scale enough if there were a respectable amount of free space, esp if you use thicker skates on the around to prop the whole base up a bit more. Oh and did I mention the ring also has a higher density of crevaces between the skate and the skate slots? you know the places that dust easily get stuck onto for real esp if using aftermarkets that don't fit as perfectly? so best just to leave it blank there. your shell housing is pretty tight for the 3399 stuff anyways no? intentional no?

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 21 Sep 2021, 22:43

ok so m65 ultra.....6 axis gyro......? that 2 holes beneath the sensor are the lod sensors or gyro or not at all (and the gyro is just inside,,,,?) calibration option is there as always and there are 2 steps below "low" where gyro command can be used, those 2 steps you can't use gyro command, meaning it only cuts off, it won't let you bind commands to tilt gestures. Kitguru says all 3 low options is beneath 1dvd, so I'm guessing it's maybe the lowest step can go beneath 0.5mm, but their writer obviously don't know the fact why high dpi is needed, since Corsair's video even show like something like a twice 2x or 4x zoom of matrix (indicating the sensor matrix obviously, and ofc likely the pad being chosen should be more finely textured too), nor does he know why low lod is important for EVERYONE, not just low dpi users, in fact it's less important for low dpi users because low dpi or accurately lower edpi creates less of that jitter at all----actually I don't have time to explain this again in detail for now)

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 22 Sep 2021, 01:58

Viper 8khz owners I have two questions about this mice:

- What monitor do you have and can you feel any difference in terms of smoothness or accuracy when using a polling rate higher than 1000hz?

- From my understanding the 8000hz USB link is always enabled regardless of the polling rate that you set, that's why there is no difference in click latency testings when using 125hz compared to 8000hz, is click latency from optical switches with an 8000hz link perceivable compared to mechanical switches correctly tuned for low debounce?
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

MONITOR: XL2566K custom VT: https://i.imgur.com/ylYkuLf.png
CPU: 5800x3d 102mhz BCLK
GPU: 3080FE undervolted
RAM: https://i.imgur.com/iwmraZB.png
MOUSE: Endgame Gear OP1 8k
KEYBOARD: Wooting 60he

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 23 Sep 2021, 08:36

axaro1 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 01:58
Viper 8khz owners I have two questions about this mice:

- What monitor do you have and can you feel any difference in terms of smoothness or accuracy when using a polling rate higher than 1000hz?

- From my understanding the 8000hz USB link is always enabled regardless of the polling rate that you set, that's why there is no difference in click latency testings when using 125hz compared to 8000hz, is click latency from optical switches with an 8000hz link perceivable compared to mechanical switches correctly tuned for low debounce?
really late + really weird and pointless question

This just in today, after Corsair already released another 8khz equipped with ultra low lod features, gotta love some idiots who say "1.5mm lod is ok on the prime normal" or that bigger hands can "palm" this--when my 18.5 hand is already WAY too long for palming the m2 button especially, not to mention no matter WHAT overall size the prime comes in, the left side is way too hollow and the bump towards the back is WAY too far back, for ANYONE, there's nowhere the thumb can rest firmly or manouver the mouse firmly and this coupled with the slippery bread like right side is just deadly garbage. I was already being nice not to completely bash the ec esque shape and the 1khz on the prime, because the lack of flatness aka usability on even a pleb black none 100% ptfe skate set on both the garbage lod "normal" version and the "not garbage only with corepad/aftermarkets" version (and with coil whine at that) are much more glaring immediate present issues.

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 24 Sep 2021, 12:40

lyrill wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:36
Shape is preference + don't quote my questions if you don't even try to answer :|
XL2566K* | XV252QF* | LG C1* | HP OMEN X 25 | XL2546K | VG259QM | XG2402 | LS24F350[RIP]
*= currently owned

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 24 Sep 2021, 13:26

axaro1 wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 12:40
lyrill wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:36
Shape is preference + don't quote my questions if you don't even try to answer :|
your question is ignoring the entirity of this thread which is really disrespectful of all the discussion already had long ago. how many times do I have to ask people to read the thread first? are you one of those boardzy type of kids that insinuate that only old people read forum threads with his stupid "look at this shit it's 15 paaaaaaaaages i'm not gonna dig into that shit" (but he did anyways omegalul) remark?? why on earth would you or anyone ever begin to think to use 125hz on the 8khz mice. why would anyone begin to answer such a none question

and what shape is preference? do you even have a prime? actually nobody even needs to have or not have a prime to get what i am talking about, if you don't nobody is asking you to print it on your wall or anything. the fact that anyone to this date still even begin to try to debase me in the thread I have the most later contributions to (where I long ago already stated with zero dispute that me, Chief and Razer_theFiend are the most savvy in this topic at hand, or something of that sort), (and you all know that I've been around much longer than 99.9% people in this hobby these past 5 years and anyone flaming me on any of those stupid platforms they love to conclave that I even bothered to visit that never deserved me is pure straight simply jeolous insecure and salty themselves) is just beyond. you don't know about shapes don't quote MY discussions and opinions if you don't even know what you are talking about at all

your first question has been answered 45337895715938X times since the very first time this project is known. you are not exactly new here so why are you still asking exactly may I ask??

your second question I still cannot begin or bother to comprehend beyond "8khz uplink in 125hz mode" like why would there be such a thing?? the physical parts are 8khz capable, the software sets to whatever hz you want to use, nobody cares you do you (but don't parade it man 1khz mice should be illegal by now I didn't even want to say that to much more offend the gpw kiddies and many more ). there is no software mojo that runs on high main arch command at 8khz masking whatever that is you use, nor would that ever be a point for such a redundancy. and why would you exclusively doubt click latency to this date when all 3 of us have explained a million times that it's only a part of the bigger picture, that the main point is motion clarity and smoothness, that is partly based on and ofc goes hand in hand with low motion latency and ofc also hand w/ low click latency that just so happens to be 0.2ms rated for the opticals, which actually is nearly 2x slower than 8khz. in case nobody else has to this date bothered to do this simple math on this "minor detail", there you go, current/0.2ms opticals aren't fast enough for 8khz. So no you don't even need 8khz mojo if all you do is literally just taping the mice to your freaking desk and spamming m1 all year long. you only need 5khz. but they are clearly way past giving anything granular on that minor aspect at this point since it's all floating anyways and none of most of you even compute when someone say to you they use a dpi that isn't 800 or 1600 while quite a few brands have offered 1dpi adjustability on a 10k+ scale for a decade (again it's 26k raw now btw)

it's so funny people claim they can't feel it, or just outright ignore it. like what CAN't you feel? Just cus you can't explain it in 3 numbers or 4 words don't mean It's Not There At ALL. 3 years ago on that stupid leddit I was the only one who even bother to talk about lod, boom, Razer released 3359 on the minis meant for budget asians, SS's stupid 3335 usage on the rival3 and aerox was it? I can't even bother to remember..and you people went batshit crazy "hurdur lod unusable tape mod this that" where was you when I was running import m8? it's the same deal with hard fine pads, with a superior shape that i've literally just explained earlier in this thread and you have to go salty on me, with motion clarity and an absense of "bigger" jitter that was brute forced by 8khz (and as for the smaller jitter it's not like anyone cares that much at this point certainly way less than I ever did or will, none of those mousetester graphs people love to base reviews on these days mean a god darn thing if the areson circles YOUR HAND draw are a jitterfest, actually come to think of it are "mouse people" or"aim people" or "le hardcore gaemers" even better with their controls? if they are shouldn't they be more capable in handling granular controls aka moving on to higher dpi? but they didn't move to higher dpi, they lowered dpi thanks to all the stupid fps titles that aren't even legit fps and the only conclusion is they let themselves go while lower dpi+edpi and more messy big movements babysit their inaccuracies), with anything reasonably reasonble that some people just don't seem to comprehend, I don't know with some of you at this point.....maybe try play a better/none dead game than ow/siege/apex(hey it's not my fault your list is so accurately generic) for once it's almost 2022?

edit: was gonna say that the lod problem was also evaded by 8khz herding people like me to use lower edpi, but not completely at all. nor the granular jitter. it's always there, and I can't wait to see the t6qu in action on 8khz myself, hopefully with the best lod solution to date, more custom lens maybe? adding extra sensors or gyros or stuff is not exactly what people want from a lower weight deathadder or basilisk etc, nor would that be easy to jam into the smaller mice sector, unless ofc u just lose all of the pointless led. Software update would be appreciated too, esp connecting to the calibration process of it all. (I can only reason if there was any cause that 3399DM wasn't unlocking 26k from the start it had got to be that optimizations of software or hardware weren't there yet 2 years or 1 year ago)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Sep 2021, 06:07

lyrill wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 13:26
are you one of those boardzy type of kids that insinuate that only old people read forum threads with his stupid "look at this shit it's 15 paaaaaaaaages i'm not gonna dig into that shit" (but he did anyways omegalul) remark??
The "Be Nice" rule is the number one most important rule at Blur Busters Forums.
Yes, even to newbies.
Yes, even to kids.
Next offense = temp ban

Try to use fewer words such as a neutral one sentence reply such as "That question was answered earlier in this thread."
Easy. Done. Finished.

And yes, repeating is tiring but the rule stands. You want to participate in this forum, you have to follow the rules. If you don't want to repeat -- just ignore this thread. I'm the original poster, and forum moderation favor respect to the original poster of threads.
--> There's an "Ignore" button if you're annoyed by people.
--> There's a "Report Post" button if you want to report somebody else's meanness to you.
--> Please use these features rather than expressing frustration.
--> Disagreement with forum rules is also grounds for a temp ban, so try not to reply or PM me with "defensiveness"

Thank you.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 30 Sep 2021, 06:35

Well I gave him benefit of the doubt so as not to be considered ignoring because I literally was almost the only one bumping the thread with legitimate relevant updates and personal findings, for extended periods over periods of time. It would be odd for me to ignore ANYONE's reply as a result. Many people are indeed finding me helpful sooner or eventually, it makes me happy even though it's truly a byproduct, esp also as I was not always the best of attitudes--with legitimate reasons that always almost kinda gets validated more when there's those other kinds of people. That ID is familiar but I can't recall if he ever was around this thread, it would be nice that he is so there's no real concern here. More than replying is the arduous task of trying to understand where random people are coming from by digging through their entire profile, which would always open other cans of worms so I try to just not do that, less finding on other platforms (I can continue to ignore but if there are further "hey I'm talking to you/about this stuff and ignoring you" then..)

Definitely admire your expertise in handling with a mass amount of users on a day to day basis, and I have been trying to keep with your suave. But then again you are the site master it's not hard for people to avoid treating you say like the way they tend to treat me ("but he's asking for it! plz it must be obvious!", but I'm not...). Besides I'm not as passionate about teaching people as just first and foremost finding out about stuff, with like minded people, I don't consider myself THAT knowledgable, nor am I. Even if I was, it is inevitable some people would not like a preachy tone that is innate with knowing a lot/saying a lot, and even though I was not trying to educate the general mass, saying more than average already got me too much heat than I'd like. Establishing an authority helps evade wanton doubts but I simply love it when you hand it over to those that are so out there that even you aren't willing to put up with.

And with all of that enough said, I would need to again report about ongoing findings that somehow the prime+ has found its emancipation and ended the optical sin since 2013. The standard is this: absolutely no jitter going up or down, but instant movement when intended lateral input initiates.

It went from being almost like this (I did not mistake it as the 800/400 dpi steps result)

to firmware orange notification on software backend download completely bugging it to a none changing limbo,

to reverting to any firmware bundled with software didn't help,

to finally swapping to corepads and situation got better,

to not having touched software much for a long time while during that time finally deciding to take off the mid ring that TigerEsp refused to make for prime+ which turned out that nobody should have made it or any middle rings for prime or any other, that corepads still uses the same cheap none serialized 3M backing as they did 3 years ago at least, that leave insane amount of residue that even the garbage thin and none even stock pads don't, as they come off easily without much if any stain or scratch left, as things should be (so either take the middle ring along with the rest off, or keep it there it will attract less with the others being corepads/whatever thicker aftermarkets), but at least it beats having the completely not rounded and not accurately molded (much thinner plus not evenly so) middle ring for both the prime+ and the none prime+s made by the venerable corepad(smh) scratching a reasonble heck out of a very firm and extremely fine textured nylon pad and increasing drag obviously+attracting tons of dust into itself and the sensor optics by the hour. The other 3 skates are fine, no bubbles no nothing. no burn in no wearing down. Should I commend them? No. I'm still forced to clean off things sticking to the entire vicinity at least twice a day, cus after dozens of premium alcohol wipes they are still not clean, and the base is as others who got it earlier than me noted, very flimsy and wobbly and creaking from exerted force, not just on the right side, the entire sensor vicinity, and why would I risk damaging the already not guaranteed dpi variance

to finally randomly checking the software again and this time it not only claims it downloaded in the backend (and this time i found the place it downloaded to as well) but also somehow installed it without my permission. Well ok, never gonna fall for updating firmware again obviously, but checking for sure that yes it is indeed still 1.0.9, but then the next day a miracle happened. My mouse literally have nada movement no matter how hard I try to create it from the up down tests. The way I took notice was in game I lost some tracking after repositioning. This is not the kind that was partly caused by stacking skates on the viper 8K (it did not happen at first, only after some random updates, see previous posts), no, tracking is not affected in none lift, it will not stop randomly after it's initiated. But still I was very happy about it. This meant that I would need to adapt to creating a lot reasonbly more headroom prior to important reaction timings +/ just lift less and more thoughtfully, and what I get in return is said absolute zero up down jitter and enabling absolutely frantic repositioning, which is kinda counter intuitive to the whole "you need to prep earlier" thing, but not really. I have explained many times before that the jitter does not just affect shooting accuracy if you want to shoot instantly and accurately, because you might not want/need to, but visual clarity is absolutely bonked (i'm pretty sure that your eyes are perfectly awake even though mouse is cut off in the air). The next day or two, which is now, I went from first getting a bit more of the usual prior to software startup few days back, to down to what I have now, which is just about the least amount of jitter that there is absolutely zero lagging in motion. pic 2 As you can see there IS a lag, it can't be helped, same as there is residual jitter, but this is like "hey what would you give to get what you want on the other side", and now it's a 9.9/10 score scenario on both. That lag is almost completely aligned with the jitter timing, of which I filter out by hand. Plus it's moving it's just suddenly down to maybe 250hz or something of that sort. Circles turned to lines, if you have been getting my drift.. This also holistically fits with my previous statement that Razer needs to do a lot more if doing something similar with the 8khz, since this lag might be too obvious paired with the 8khz tracking, esp to those who swear "i cannot go back" (I guess I would have to again mention that clicking on the 8khz will interfere and reduce the 8khz down to say like 1khz or something as well, I will doublecheck exactly how much, so yeah definitely a lot of optimizations to work on. )

This is much reasonbly lower jitter (pic 1) than putting tiger arc 2 on the original viper, which obviously had higher stock lod than the basilisk ult/v2 I believe but about just the same as viper 8k. I have not yet replaced basilisk gen 2 skates, but maybe similar results can be achieved, maybe not. But none of the basilisk are 8k. I asked for 8khz/v3 on twitter and Min answered much swifter than I expected, last time it was for the Naga Pro, I would have preferred 8khz, but let's wait and see. I know for sure the stock is never thicker than the thicker of available aftermarkets offerings, which rarely exceeds tolerances anways but seem like the thicker of them are just enough what I need to pad things up for the better.

It's certainly no surprise to anyone seasoned that it's down to Steelseries and Razer to hold the fort and do the big weight stuff. People don't seem to realize that the whole reason Logitech was the one pushing wireless in to gaming mainstream was because they were always the productivity brand turned leisure hobby side venture gaming brand, what Corsair and many others have always come to copy. That means they will always be the top in sales but never the core brands. Oh and also they further popularized the mx518 lineage so much so that Razer adopted it again (in the modern iterations ofc) after abandoning the Imperator 5 years prior to BA V1. People seem to think that there is only the IE and IO canon, I don't know why. Interestingly enough and multi related, Roccat was core until Elin_Lyze took the pm job and around about the time TurtleBeach bought it, and together they released one interesting product the kain to a flop (actually I'm not sure he was even onboard back then), then associated with the OTT DR (who hates proning so I'm not even gonna bring up his racial remarks) and it was still a flop (maybe should have only released a wired like all the kones up to then), and the rest are a viper mini copy, a butcher to all the kones prior that tried to be a little bit of all which in other case would have been commendable but this is the KONE we are talking about. It's supposed to be BIG MICE. Sure they could have made kone pure wireless to make me even more angry, but they did something that didn't make either end of spectrum happy lol, while killing the og shape that had 2 sizes, which was like the only mainstream/long running alternative to mx518. different enough but still somewhat similar. You could almost say that the ie shapes don't need to exist in comparison. The prime is more or less the same mid size which kinda worked for basilisk but at a cost of huge instability in the front end. The prime still is a bit unstable due to pcb and heavy spring mechanisms mounted towards the front. But unlike the kone pro or "newest kone", it at least has a small size so crudely speaking, 2/3 demographics aren't left out--that is to say, if everyone is supposed to like an ie/ec shape. Meanwhile the IO shape exist too few (abandonded also in 2012 by then Zowie now Vaxee, reimagine still WIP) , giving way to none other than our favorite fk and fk clones such as le viper. Anyways, one of their other rep lurking on discord said to me "why no more hard pads? because everyone hates them SmileFace". that sums it up pretty nicely. Oh btw Mionix is still alive you know.
Attachments
360截图20210930205226259.jpg
360截图20210930205226259.jpg (155.06 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
360截图20210930202113652.jpg
360截图20210930202113652.jpg (251.25 KiB) Viewed 7238 times

axaro1

Post by axaro1 » 14 Oct 2021, 13:42

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts about the Viper 8khz with my 280hz monitor setup for those of you interested in purchasing this product.
I used it for around 2 days so I still need to test it a little bit more.
  • Games like Apex don't support 8000hz but 4000hz works flawlessly.
  • Overwatch works very well with 8000hz. The fps penalty is around 30fps if I use 8khz with my R5 3600 setup and around 10-15fps with 4khz.
  • If I had to describe the feeling it actually feels like I'm using Vsync ON or VRR ON(I assume because I'm removing a bottleneck in the microstutter chain?).
  • Flicks are a lot easier to hit than with 1000hz, not just because of the higher polling rate but also because of the low latency switches.
    This is the main thing that I'm liking about this mice, the Viper 8khz is a joy to use with games with single shot weapon mechanics.
  • I didn't immediately noticed the difference when swapping from 1000hz to 8000hz but I can absolutely notice the difference going back to 1000hz from 8000/4000hz.
  • The LOD could be improved. 1mm feels way too low with the 3 mousepads that I tested and 2mm is a slightly too high, something inbetween would be perfect. Also asymmetric cut-off is terrible, don't use it.
    Also the cable is a little bit too stiff, from my understanding it is due to extra shielding. I'm planning to add a paracord with a ferrite bead to prevent EMI.
On a side note Opticals V2 feel more crispy than Optical V1 that were way too mushy and didn't exactly give me the right amount of click feedback.
I had to switch the DPI from 800 to 1600. With 1000hz mice 1600dpi generally feels slightly smoother than 800 but with the Viper 8khz using 800 felt straight up stuttery.
*= currently owned