I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
lyrill

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by lyrill » 24 Mar 2021, 09:46

So..apparently some of those KOLs affliated with those cheap OEM self brands spreading rumors (obviously their brand can't sell it cus ROG/etc paid good money for them so all they can do is spread rumors since last year, stuff like 360hz is special binned 240hz instead of native 360hz....) since last year that there will be 550hz last year or this year "using not VA not IPS not TN but i can't tell cus it's super hush hush and i'm industry insider so worship me" >.>. cus there's still NOTHING as of now. And don't forget it took them nearly a year to finally release the 360hz. Not sure how relevant that is to this discussion, but if you have any actual validated scoop (aka not rumors) would be good to know, Chief, for us Razer 8K users and those interested. with the 3x rule obviously even 2000hz is not enough, and that already breaks the 1080p sweet spot range. And I doubt that retina, with my singular chant, is gonna sway any manufacturer, but I hope they are not more stupid than a layman that is me. but for me personally I'd hate to be told that I just wasted money on a "carry through" product the same way I did sorta on the 144 OC 180hz ROG 5 years ago, 1 month before this now so called RAW 240hz came out (yeah that same stupid thing LTT used on his 360hz-is-trash video), because even though I used THAT for 5 years, I could have waited 1 month and then pay a bit more. Even if most of the time I was playing at fps WAY below 180, namely sub 100fps on early PUBG days. When I bought it first it was for OW obviously. And from a single 660TI evga sc(thanks Linus, you had soul back then) cus the 2nd pcie broke from ship transport, I got 220fps+ on all low, with the new strix 1070 o8G, doing 180 gsync, only barely 200. I knew then and there that this industry from the top down has gone wrong (no longer pure esport--cus that card was made for 2k gaming, not 1080p)

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 25 Mar 2021, 03:21

Mr1991 wrote:
13 Mar 2021, 23:38
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 02:57
Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 02:50
Does anybody know how much it would cost the MoBo makers to have each USB port on the back of the Rear I/O panel be a independent root USB hub instead of the shared mess that it is now?
I heard Razer is talking to some mobo vendors about that.

The time is ripe for decicated high-Hz USB ports, so we can plug in a 4 KHz keyboard and an 8 KHz mouse at the same time without them clogging each other in the hardware, and lower USB / chipset / CPU processing overheads as much as possible.

Ideally, software should be the only weak link for high-Hz devices.
They already are

https://pasteboard.co/JSwwfRr.png
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z590%20Taichi/

so yeah got some pic of what your talking about
Attachments
360截图20210325162029976.jpg
360截图20210325162029976.jpg (115.14 KiB) Viewed 4269 times

micrex22

Post by micrex22 » 25 Mar 2021, 23:09

Just want to provide my input as my 8000 Hz Vipers arrived.

First of all I'm not really into Razer and I view a lot of their products with skepticism; but the viper is actually a *very* nice mouse even for someone who is as picky as I am. A lot of my coworkers and friends expressed disgust when I said I was buying some Razer mice. I have to say the buttons feel good (and have proper movement) and they're quite comfortable to hold.

Next up, when I change the mouse from 125 Hz to 8000 Hz (and adjust the DPI accordingly so that they move at the same speed), I can actually visibly tell the difference at how many more 'cursor' instances you see; I'm using 240 Hz for my display (at the moment). Using both a 240 Hz display and a 8000 Hz mouse is nuts, I did not think there would be THIS much of a difference nor that I would enjoy it as much as I have.

Everyone is different and not everyone may notice these differences; but as someone super particular about everything I'm totally happy with the purchase. It's not snake oil like some are already claiming "why would you need an 8000 Hz mouse? It's impossible that it will make a difference", well I can assure it's quite surreal for me to see less stepping of the cursor as it moves. I came into this both being slightly skeptical and also not a big fan of Razer so there you go.

EDIT: oh yeah, I plugged them in their own dedicated USB 3.1 port that's onboard (with no other devices on it) on the mobo and had no issues. Obviously it can still be hit or miss if the cluster of USB ports does somehow share an IC but yeah.

Cheers,

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 26 Mar 2021, 20:43

micrex22 wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 23:09
Just want to provide my input as my 8000 Hz Vipers arrived.

First of all I'm not really into Razer and I view a lot of their products with skepticism; but the viper is actually a *very* nice mouse even for someone who is as picky as I am. A lot of my coworkers and friends expressed disgust when I said I was buying some Razer mice. I have to say the buttons feel good (and have proper movement) and they're quite comfortable to hold.

Next up, when I change the mouse from 125 Hz to 8000 Hz (and adjust the DPI accordingly so that they move at the same speed), I can actually visibly tell the difference at how many more 'cursor' instances you see; I'm using 240 Hz for my display (at the moment). Using both a 240 Hz display and a 8000 Hz mouse is nuts, I did not think there would be THIS much of a difference nor that I would enjoy it as much as I have.

Everyone is different and not everyone may notice these differences; but as someone super particular about everything I'm totally happy with the purchase. It's not snake oil like some are already claiming "why would you need an 8000 Hz mouse? It's impossible that it will make a difference", well I can assure it's quite surreal for me to see less stepping of the cursor as it moves. I came into this both being slightly skeptical and also not a big fan of Razer so there you go.

EDIT: oh yeah, I plugged them in their own dedicated USB 3.1 port that's onboard (with no other devices on it) on the mobo and had no issues. Obviously it can still be hit or miss if the cluster of USB ports does somehow share an IC but yeah.

Cheers,

the main case as I explained and discovered in doing the vids (10 of them) is this (and I saw the vicious cycle page nearly after I finished testing and it fits my findings) (and it really is intuitively simple and easy for anyone to understand) : the whole point of high hz is to match more information. the more information you have the more time you need to look at it and process it, your BRAIN is also capped (unless you train it, more on that just read on) , with a static photo, of course, you go 16k resolution, pic the best RED camera or some shit, stare at it all day like it's Mona Lisa, and you don't need 0.0000000001 hz for a display (or print it out it's literally 0 hz). but no, for moving pictures, that is anything consumer entertainment, multi media, gaming, streaming well anything "normal" really, you need all the hz you can get as resolution gets bigger and as recent years they focus on fidelity (which kills the fps/hz race AND conceptual game design innovations but at least suggest more brute information forced gameplay aspect), and the case with FOV is obviously the fact that IMAX had dome screens at least 2 decades ago not to mention the whole point of IMAX was to fill your HUMAN FOV as much as possible for all the audience, even if it's the traditional FLAT design. Basically FOV for pc gaming, that is monitors, game support, should be as big as possible, without any fish eye effect which basically makes the edges "fake" "bloated" "interpolated" if not harmful to the experience (which enhances the faster you move). Basically, your brain needs to be trained to match this high speed, which gives a lot more information per frame with higher fidelity, AND in total AND scaling with speed. All this warrant the existence of high hz display, which if it is 1920 hz, then you are allowed to move a full FOV length of degree change (for a First person genre that is), in a second, on a 1080p display, laterally. (vertically they mostly lock to <90 and won't let you seamlessly transition overhead, that is if it is a game that allows instant fov change........for space sim types obviously you can tilt endlessly but there is realistic lag in turning and thus in fov change),without skipping any single digit within/per any frame, if you are using a perfect functioning 2khz+ mouse too you can react to that as well seamlessly .... which is not very fast AT ALL considering the standard fov as it were has been 100 degrees +/- 20-30 (and depending again on how much info you are to gather, for potato games like csgo/quake, not a lot, duh)

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 27 Mar 2021, 17:18

there is something about this mouse I really dont like..... the cable so I debraided DON'T DO THAT :oops: there is no plastic behind it, so I also had to remove the shield. but feels som much better against the mousepad now though heh :P

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 28 Mar 2021, 07:54

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 28 Mar 2021, 08:46

lyrill wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 07:54

there you go...

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 28 Mar 2021, 11:57

u are not supposed to remove the shielding on any mouse less the 8khz..........

on the other hand I only just found out that 480hz was already released by TCL last year (no actual product release yet but I'm trying to find out when and how)....I won't further monopolize a seemingly dead thread unless someone wants to know, just pm me or something..

Xen0m

Post by Xen0m » 29 Mar 2021, 10:42

mossfalt wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 17:18
there is something about this mouse I really dont like..... the cable so I debraided DON'T DO THAT :oops: there is no plastic behind it, so I also had to remove the shield. but feels som much better against the mousepad now though heh :P
I had the same problem with the cable wich is way too low and make a lot of friction on the mousepad.
But i took another option for this :lol:
Could be better if 3D printed but it does de job for now !
Attachments
d99139f17ecf2775ce56b3d2ff6d5c3f.jpg
d99139f17ecf2775ce56b3d2ff6d5c3f.jpg (524.12 KiB) Viewed 3710 times

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 30 Mar 2021, 04:35

Xen0m wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 10:42
very creative :D