I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
howiec

Re: I have the new Razer 8000 Hz prototype gaming mouse on my desk.

Post by howiec » 07 Apr 2021, 17:27

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 10:40
The firmware changes absolutely nothing other than the start-up behavior, so I can't imagine why it would feel any different.
I updated a few days ago & it fixed the cold-boot enumeration/power-on issue. Thanks!

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 08 Apr 2021, 12:41

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
masneb wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 10:25
Weird, above firmware isn't on the site when you try to find it normally through the firmware selection. This firmware right away makes my mouse feel better, but we'll see if that's good or bad 'better'.
I actually fetched the link from the support portal myself : https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers ... a_id/4540/

The firmware changes absolutely nothing other than the start-up behavior, so I can't imagine why it would feel any different.
OK so now Corsair has built in a mini areson showcase while calibrating in a certain mid speed while drawing dem typical areson circles. (although far less than what I "test", seems like a lot less than the old Roccat tradition too) so are you sure you wanna keep that same arbitrary x y axis none rotary swipes? if not please update Synapse

I find it revolting that pzogel insist on appeasing the "there is only cloth pad" demographic concerning the middle ring. But at least there's a nod about removing it.

It doesn't matter how much lesson it learned from my OTHER inputs on the industry and those buzz around hybrid shapes. the left side butt shouldn't even be the same as the right. AS long as it is there will always be a sense that the mouse is drifting counter clockwise on any normal homo sapien right hand. I don't care how tight you grip the mouse while PRO GAEMING, you can't even realize how the mouse actually shifts around or tell me how many pro gamer record their hand and mouse with 8 gopros every time they play and have LEsport coaches analize it? plz. and those mice that are cut in half like zy's rail completely evaded this issue with full sized full shaped mouse and completely tossed comfort and confidence from comfort while they're at it. (are we gonna call pure claw mice TKL mice or mini mice now?) That's why the EVGA one is actually more sensible, as grotesque and "gamery" as it may look. Actually what even is gaming nowadays? I remember when people all agreed that only kids play cod. Now is just left for ANY brand to shave that left butt off such design like this sabre pro. and you have actual end game. (at least on this general shape direction towards the back)

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 08 Apr 2021, 14:14

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/co ... re-rgb-pro

Tom's Hardware is saying that CPU/USB requirements for 8 kHz polling is pretty high.

Is that the same with the Razer version polling at 8 kHz?

Will a dedicated USB Controller Card lessen CPU load?

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 08 Apr 2021, 14:30

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 14:14

Tom's Hardware is saying that CPU/USB requirements for 8 kHz polling is pretty high.

someone here shared a way of putting the mouse to one of the cpu cores and everything else has no permission to that core, and I think it really helps with the "feel" of the mouse, might be placebo ofcource :roll:

link here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7569&p=57822&hilit ... ore#p57822

Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Kamen Rider Blade » 08 Apr 2021, 18:08

I just want every USB Port to get it's own dedicated Processing Core.

Yes, I know it'll cost more, but I think the benefits will be worth it for us if implemented correctly.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/inde ... =CPU_usage

Kind of like how this Audio Hardware has it's own USB Processor for dealing with data to not add any extra load to your CPU.

mossfalt

Post by mossfalt » 09 Apr 2021, 10:24

mossfalt wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 12:30
ok I still have problems with my viper 8k and pci-e usb 3.0 VIA card.

setting polling in synapse to:

125hz = 125hz
2000hz= 250hz
4000hz= 500hz
8000hz= 1000hz

EDIT: plugging the mouse out and the back in worked, I guess same problem as others have then.
I know this is down to the host not enumerating the mouse as "High speed" even though the mouse requests it. Are you running the latest firmware? We had a workaround for some enumeration issues in this release (not this issue specifically), but it might also have fixed this as a side-effect : https://rzr.to/etK7a
This did not work for me. I actually already had that one installed

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 09 Apr 2021, 12:21

Kamen Rider Blade wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 14:14

generic reviewers being generic as always. why admit to being told to have a 9xxx or above when also admitting to not even have such a measly requirement in year 2021? "hardware" kek. Also 9 gen cpu users have been complaining about high cpu usages since this thing launched. so what? whoever can afford this mouse cannot or will not want to upgrade to 11 gen new pc all together (if they have a problem with it) instead of complaining on the internet? all this 8k is trash cus my pc is trash talk on the internet just feels really pathetic to me. (especially since the average "mouse enthusiast" probably has spent more than double the amount of money they pay for their pc on duplicate fk ec clones from dozens of brands, all for what, and that's not counting all the pointless dollars on gmk groupbuys )Also can someone explain to me what pbo 2.0 curve re reaching whea18 means cus I got this comment and it sounds like gibberish. Actually he said later that all cpu on the market fluctuates on default boost and pbo unless manually blocking cpu0 to get stable frames. Which also again does not say what Razer should or COULD do if the 5-20% cpu take actually make or brakes gaming if it wasn't the cpu and game that had optimization problems to begin with- I mean seriously, sub 80% cpu usage apart from mice is ok but above is suddenly not badly optimized? then what is well optimized game? sub 95% cpu usage? come on. If you are gonna say sub 95% game cpu usage is the gold standard for well optimized just because 1khz runs sub 5%, that games shouldn't optimize further to accommodate 8khz mouse, that's just arbitrary hypocrisy right there.

btw win10 shouldn't demand you tweak anything, the usb 3.0 standard is made for 3.0 and downward compatible because people don't like to change cases and even many newer cases still only have 2.0 frontal ports (example, Razer's Inwin Bauhaus case version has 3.0 vs standard versions 2.0) win10 should work just fine for it. Pzogel being misleading on this but hey he's the only one doing super techy interviews he's gonna do whatever he wants. (I already tested that there is more or less only one root so it doesn't matter where I plug it anyways, but then that's cus I cheaped out and bought pc at the wrong time/didn't plan well enough and just ordered what they had in store--but since Taichi is the only known board promoting dedicated gaming ports, I doubt that buying a 2080TI or 3080 setup that would cost oh let's say mere 300-500 bucks more would change anything back in q3 q4 2020.)

Still if you want that corsair 8khz kb, or as clean a signal as possible for this since nobody is clarifying enough just what you actually need, get the taichi, or whatever constitutes "usb pcie card"

masneb

Post by masneb » 10 Apr 2021, 04:57

Razer_TheFiend wrote:
masneb wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 10:25
Weird, above firmware isn't on the site when you try to find it normally through the firmware selection. This firmware right away makes my mouse feel better, but we'll see if that's good or bad 'better'.
I actually fetched the link from the support portal myself : https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers ... a_id/4540/

Compare it to the link under Razer Viper 8k found at: http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.p ... egoryid=76

Yup, no idea... Just reporting what happens. This firmware still has issues with the mouse occasionally erratically fluttering, which I've found out happens even when the mouse is standing still on the desktop. The original firmware the mouse came with didn't have this issue and still currently remains the best out of the three I've tried. If there is ever a way to flashback to the original firmware please let me know. It's very annoying in games when the mouse just spazes out.

Running at 8600DPI @ 1000hz.
5900x AGESA 1.2.0.0, Asus x570 TUF Wifi, 2080

lyrill

Post by lyrill » 10 Apr 2021, 12:06

fluttering? you mean jittering? i've noticed some bit when lifting up slightly on glass pad. but i've updated the firmware long ago (since it came out) and i've used other pads but nothing on those. i've also waxed this pad cus it's needed or it feels like mud

Donixo

Post by Donixo » 12 Apr 2021, 17:14

Okay, so today i find out that the USB Port 3.1 im using is 2.0?
why is it showing 2.0 when my usb ports are 3.0 + over...

and the mouse is showing =========================== USB Port5 ===========================

Connection Status : 0x01 (Device is connected)
Port Chain : 3-5
Properties : 0x01
IsUserConnectable : yes
PortIsDebugCapable : no
PortHasMultiCompanions : no
PortConnectorIsTypeC : no
ConnectionIndex : 0x05 (Port 5)
CompanionIndex : 0
CompanionHubSymLnk : USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&5375334&2&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
CompanionPortNumber : 0x15 (Port 21)
-> CompanionPortChain : 3-21

========================== Summary =========================
Vendor ID : 0x1532 (Razer (Asia-Pacific) Pte Ltd.)
Product ID : 0x0091
USB version : 2.00
Port maximum Speed : High-Speed (Companion Port 3-21 supports SuperSpeed)
Device maximum Speed : High-Speed
Device Connection Speed : High-Speed
Self Powered : yes
Demanded Current : 500 mA
Used Endpoints : 4

and that the port doenst support 3.0?

--------------- Connection Information V2 -------------
Connection Index : 0x05 (5)
Length : 0x10 (16 bytes)
SupportedUsbProtocols : 0x03
Usb110 : 1 (yes, port supports USB 1.1)
Usb200 : 1 (yes, port supports USB 2.0)