TIP: Always put high-Hz keyboard and high-Hz mouse on SEPARATE DEDICATED USB CHIPS.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: TIP: Always put high-Hz keyboard and high-Hz mouse on SEPARATE DEDICATED USB CHIPS.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 12 Dec 2021, 18:18

daviddave1 wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 08:46
I think the new setup looks pretty good especially with the 8k Pollingrate!! Now its time to give this setup a go! If u like to drop some feedback or advice: More then welcome! Tnx all! ( and tnx Chief especially! )
While not perfect, it definitely looks much better!

Remember not all games are 8KHz friendly, so you may have to do 2KHz and 4KHz in some of them. Still many weak links in a system, much like the first 1000Hz mice about 15 years ago.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

daviddave1

Re: TIP: Always put high-Hz keyboard and high-Hz mouse on SEPARATE DEDICATED USB CHIPS.

Post by daviddave1 » 12 Dec 2021, 19:12

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 18:18
daviddave1 wrote:
I think the new setup looks pretty good especially with the 8k Pollingrate!! Now its time to give this setup a go! If u like to drop some feedback or advice: More then welcome! Tnx all! ( and tnx Chief especially! )

Remember not all games are 8KHz friendly, so you may have to do 2KHz and 4KHz in some of them. Still many weak links in a system, much like the first 1000Hz mice about 15 years ago.
Thank you Chief! I will do some more testing with only the 1000hz keyboard on the pcie USB card and the Viper 8K straight to the USB hub of the Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4 Z690 motherboard. I have one more question regarding my Asus motherboard. Do you recommend any USB settings in the BIOS if i use the USB hub of the motherboard? Maybe change the XHCI setting?
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 13 Dec 2021, 01:26

Just curious, has anyone done tests with ps/2 keyboards, to free up resources for the mouse, also I’m wondering, would there be a benefit of putting a ps/2 keyboard on a pcie card, would that take further load off the system?

Periphery_OW

Post by Periphery_OW » 14 Dec 2021, 10:22

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 18:18
daviddave1 wrote:

Do you mind sharing what USB pcie card you're using? I'm having trouble choosing. I can't say I'm having significant issues with my 8khz on my 12900k @ 5.3 w/ ddr5 at 5200 but I would like to experiment and see if this provides more consistency in the mouse graph. I am currently running 8khz on my corsair k65 rgb mini and viper 8khz. This is on an Asus motherboard that only has a single XHCI USB controller. Plenty of hubs between each, however I'm also running an audient ID14 interface at 24 bit 96k via type C. All of this in tandem, I wouldn't be surprised if the controller were being overloaded.

There's a lot of concern about xhci (3.0) having higher latency than ehci (2.0). What's your take on this?

disq

Post by disq » 19 Dec 2021, 17:40

I came across a nice utility made by Guru3D member (the one who developed MSI utility) for this kind of subject discussed on this thread.

UsbView utility: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fresh ... ty.421820/

It looks like this:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (25.62 KiB) Viewed 10624 times
You can see which devices are connected to different USB Hubs

dervu

Post by dervu » 25 Dec 2021, 06:07

What should I do if I have 1000hz polling rate on keyboard, mouse and steering wheel and want to use them all at the same time.
Will there be enough usb chips on motherboard like MSI B550 Gaming Plus?
Steering wheel together with shifter takes 2 usb ports.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 17 Jan 2022, 18:09

Chief, could you recommend an add-in USB PCIe card for either a mouse or keyboard. Both are 8k devices,

Thanks

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 18 Jan 2022, 03:32

BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:09
Chief, could you recommend an add-in USB PCIe card for either a mouse or keyboard. Both are 8k devices,

Thanks
I asked Chief the same thing. his answer is up here somewhere.

My advice would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKLkj3n ... alityOasis
i got the https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... 2d787&th=1 the one with the FL1100 chipset. and its own sata power

make sure u read the instructions on amazon in the review section:
"

Mark Douglas
5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in Windows 10 with the correct drivers.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 October 2016
Style Name: PCIe to USB 3.2 Gen1Verified Purchase
Bought to go into a Windows 10 PC, so was a bit worried that it wouldn't work. I needn't have been worried at all. Windows 10 picked up the card immediately and plugging in a USB 3 Flash Drive confirmed it was working at the correct speed (250MB/s Read and 200MB/s Write with my SanDisk Extreme).

I bought the card to use specifically with my Oculus Rift that requires USB 3 for the HMD and Sensor (so 2 USB 3 sockets required). When I plugged the headset and sensor into this card, both reported it as USB 2, not 3! Looking in Device Manager, the card had Microsoft drivers installed, so I went searching for something a little more specific. After downloading and installing drivers from Fresco Logic (the company who make the chip on the card), everything worked as expected :) Even the Oculus HMD and sensor were happy.

You can get the drivers from here : [...]
"

if u wanna hook up the 2 8k devices on 1 card ( prob not wise and its pretty expensive) then get https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... fadd62afad every port has his own controller. But I did not test this device.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

BTRY B 529th FA BN

Post by BTRY B 529th FA BN » 18 Jan 2022, 07:42

daviddave1 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 03:32
BTRY B 529th FA BN wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:09

Thanks
I asked Chief the same thing. his answer is up here somewhere.

My advice would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKLkj3n ... alityOasis
i got the https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... 2d787&th=1 the one with the FL1100 chipset. and its own sata power

make sure u read the instructions on amazon in the review section:
"

Mark Douglas
5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in Windows 10 with the correct drivers.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 October 2016
Style Name: PCIe to USB 3.2 Gen1Verified Purchase
Bought to go into a Windows 10 PC, so was a bit worried that it wouldn't work. I needn't have been worried at all. Windows 10 picked up the card immediately and plugging in a USB 3 Flash Drive confirmed it was working at the correct speed (250MB/s Read and 200MB/s Write with my SanDisk Extreme).

I bought the card to use specifically with my Oculus Rift that requires USB 3 for the HMD and Sensor (so 2 USB 3 sockets required). When I plugged the headset and sensor into this card, both reported it as USB 2, not 3! Looking in Device Manager, the card had Microsoft drivers installed, so I went searching for something a little more specific. After downloading and installing drivers from Fresco Logic (the company who make the chip on the card), everything worked as expected :) Even the Oculus HMD and sensor were happy.

You can get the drivers from here : [...]
"

if u wanna hook up the 2 8k devices on 1 card ( prob not wise and its pretty expensive) then get https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... fadd62afad every port has his own controller. But I did not test this device.
I seen your earlier reply in the thread and asked Chief because I'm not in the UK nor am I interested in that one but I appreciate your time and reply. Thank you