Sounds that reduce input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
heavywe

Sounds that reduce input lag

Post by heavywe » 08 Nov 2020, 15:06

Hello, I also belong to this family that we have in common the damn input lag. Well, over the years, I have noticed that certain sounds reduce input lag. For example, in the CS: GO game when I kill an enemy many times in deathmatch mode, and the sound that says that I am dominating it is played, that sound lowers my input lag, or when a grenade explodes in the feet and I feel all the noise the same. What is the cause of that? before this was more noticeable and the input lag was reduced to 0 and could fire as a literal proplayer.

Sorry my bad english

I also have the same symptom from everyone that there are days when the input lag seems to go away. In league of legends with lee sin, I can run combos as a proplayer when I have little input lag.

iceboy

Re: Sounds that reduce input lag

Post by iceboy » 13 Nov 2020, 19:34

It is very likely that the frames are computational heavy when the "sound" occurs, because they are more complex. When all forms of V-Sync is disabled, this can reduce the frame rate and make queues (e.g. pre-rendered frames) shorter. When some kind of V-Sync is enabled, this can reduce the time to wait between compute and present. In this case, the solution would be either limit the frame rate (easy), or remove all queues in the rendering pipeline (hard).