NVIDIA Reflex Mouse Input Lag Database

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kurtextrem

NVIDIA Reflex Mouse Input Lag Database

Post by kurtextrem » 04 Dec 2020, 11:02

Right over here: https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... e-Database (https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... Github.csv).

The worst latency: Model O with 13ms avg. left click latency, while the best latency is ROG Chakram Core with 0.6ms (self-reported, though).

(I don't trust the self-reported value, as the other ROG mouse have much higher input lag.)

@Chief: I've asked ManuelG on Guru3d about the firmware details ("could any company that reports the values to Nvidia Reflex using the firmware, manipulate the data?"), but I'm not sure if I will receive an answer. You know more people, is that an info you could get? I think it is pretty important to know if firmware can just report any data it wants (which makes the data not trustworthy) or not.
Acer XF250Q, R6 competitive player

SirensOW

Re: NVIDIA Reflex Mouse Input Lag Database

Post by SirensOW » 18 Dec 2020, 11:49

Hi,

This was very useful for myself. Thank you!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Dec 2020, 12:09

kurtextrem wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 11:02
@Chief: I've asked ManuelG on Guru3d about the firmware details ("could any company that reports the values to Nvidia Reflex using the firmware, manipulate the data?"), but I'm not sure if I will receive an answer. You know more people, is that an info you could get? I think it is pretty important to know if firmware can just report any data it wants (which makes the data not trustworthy) or not.
In theory, it's possible that data could be manipulated in a custom firmware.

The current firmware appears to be reputable, so as long as nobody hacks the Reflex, it should be trustworthy for comparative data (like comparing latency of different mice).

Reflex is quite nice in that you can change one variable (like change only the mouse) and watch all those lag numbers change. Same for trying different sync technology (changing only RTSS / NVInspector / NVCP settings). Or for trying different lag-optimizing settings (registry tweaks, timer precision, etc).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SirensOW

Post by SirensOW » 18 Dec 2020, 12:44

As an owner of the Razer Deathadder V2, I'd say this database is accurate as its one of the lowest left click inputs I've ever tested.

The rest of database seem to honestly match up with rtings click latency reviews

Tempted to buy the ROG Chakram Core right now off Amazon to see for myself :)

forcedreg

Post by forcedreg » 18 Dec 2020, 16:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:09
Reflex is quite nice in that you can change one variable (like change only the mouse) and watch all those lag numbers change. Same for trying different sync technology (changing only RTSS / NVInspector / NVCP settings). Or for trying different lag-optimizing settings (registry tweaks, timer precision, etc).
This is what got me excited about the tech when it was announced, too bad there seems to be no one with access to LDAT/reflex monitor who would test these types of niche tweaks (NVInspector/registry etc.) and publish the results. Or maybe I just haven't searched for it hard enough.

deama

Post by deama » 18 Dec 2020, 18:02

They should have put the table on github's description page directly, rather than forcing the user to download an excel file.

diakou

Post by diakou » 18 Dec 2020, 18:14

deama wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 18:02
They should have put the table on github's description page directly, rather than forcing the user to download an excel file.
... Just open it lol, link to the directory.

https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... Github.csv

deama

Post by deama » 19 Dec 2020, 07:58

diakou wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 18:14
deama wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 18:02
... Just open it lol, link to the directory.

https://github.com/NVIDIA/Reflex-Latenc ... Github.csv
Oh, I clicked on the second one and it wouldn't open, but the first one works.

Arx

Post by Arx » 21 Dec 2020, 00:15

Reflext database does not match the measurements from OCN's bump tests, so there much be one of them is off the truth.
In the Reflex database, logitech mouse were measured at 2.5ms click latency absolute, and the G pro wireless superlight has an amazing low latency at 0.8ms in wired mode.

In OCN's bump tests database, most modern logitech gaming mouse were tested as +4.5ms higher than Ikari, the added delay was for debouncing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ders=false

SirensOW

Post by SirensOW » 21 Dec 2020, 15:19

Arx wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 00:15
Reflext database does not match the measurements from OCN's bump tests, so there much be one of them is off the truth.
In the Reflex database, logitech mouse were measured at 2.5ms click latency absolute, and the G pro wireless superlight has an amazing low latency at 0.8ms in wired mode.

In OCN's bump tests database, most modern logitech gaming mouse were tested as +4.5ms higher than Ikari, the added delay was for debouncing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ders=false
Hi,

Can you explain what a negative millisecond latency means in this database? Thanks

Edit: I’m now assuming it just means it’s that amount faster then the baseline mouse Ikari Optical at 0ms