Electrical issue(s) | "Floaty" mouse?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
deama

Re: Electrical issue(s) | "Floaty" mouse?

Post by deama » 31 May 2021, 19:29

Like the chief said, there can be an EMI leak coming from the signals in the air not just the wire, e.g. if you live next to high powered cables and they haven't been shielded properly, that might end up leaking to your house and effecting your electronics, through the "air".

Also, about power conditioners, they generally don't work unless you either string a bunch of them together, or get a really expensive one ($900+), so unfortunately you'll either have to find a company or electrician that will hopefully allow you to "borrow" power conditioners and string them along, or maybe they have a fairly high-end one you can test out for a week.

If you're out of options but still want to keep trying and don't mind spending money, then the only path seems to be to pretty much get a double conversion online UPS, then plug in either a high-end power conditioner, or string along like 6 different lower-end power conditioners, then plug in your computer to it. Ontop of all this, you'd need to find some case (or make one yourself) that would block most if not all electrical signals, so I guess a faraday cage should do the trick here.
Again though, this would end up costing a lot, easily over $1000, and it's not guaranteed to solve your issue, but at least it'll get rid of the "do I have EMI issues?" question properly.

inputLagger123

Post by inputLagger123 » 24 Aug 2023, 09:06

I've been lurking in these forums for 3 years.
I did every tweak possible, changed every piece of hardware, and moved out to new houses 3 times.
-Go to apps and features
-Search for Realtek audio driver
-Uninstall it
Boom my shit was fixed and I can aim again like back in the day.
I wasted countless hours of my life trying to fix this shit, but anyway, I guess I'm just glad I found the culprit and I can now die in peace LOL

tattoo

Post by tattoo » 24 Aug 2023, 17:19

inputLagger123 wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 09:06
I did every tweak possible, changed every piece of hardware, and moved out to new houses 3 times.
-Go to apps and features
-Uninstall it
I wasted countless hours of my life trying to fix this shit, but anyway, I guess I'm just glad I found the culprit and I can now die in peace LOL
well i desabled my realtek audio card..no changes,same as you been on this forum for years,changed every component possible,dedicated usb/audio/internet pci,nothing major canged!

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 24 Aug 2023, 20:20

inputLagger123 wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 09:06
-Go to apps and features
-Uninstall it
Wtf 8-) This realtek thing is famous in Google search, why you didn't find it in 3 years. :? Many ppl disable onboard audio on bios anyways(im not exception)

Wtf with your nickname :o :D