Inputlag/floaty mouse in every game and on desktop

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Hey

Re: Inputlag/floaty mouse in every game and on desktop

Post by Hey » 10 Jan 2021, 21:43

nuggify wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:35
There are some things you can try to indeed confirm you have the same issue. Send me a PM and ill go over some of that.
Could you explain what I can try to confirm that I have a similar issue?
P.s. I have no access to sending or receiving private messages

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 18 Jan 2021, 12:51

Bought some outlet tester thingy to figure out if my grounding is fine and it's showing live/neutral reverse, did some research but i'm still unsure on what that means. As far as I understand the cables in the outlet are connected opposite as they should be? If so is that something that could potentially cause weird stuff like inputlag?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jan 2021, 14:33

inputlaghaver wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 12:51
Bought some outlet tester thingy to figure out if my grounding is fine and it's showing live/neutral reverse, did some research but i'm still unsure on what that means. As far as I understand the cables in the outlet are connected opposite as they should be?
Yes.

This is an easy fix, unless your outlet is very cluttered. Google "How to fix a reverse polarity outlet" -- example YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKz7Jv7zID4

Don't forget a flashlight and turning off the circuit breaker, very important, so you don't shock yourself or hurt yourself in dark. Disclaimer: We disclaim all responsibility....

If you cannot do it, or your government makes it illegal to fix yourself, hire an electrician.
inputlaghaver wrote:
If so is that something that could potentially cause weird stuff like inputlag?
Yes, it can "dominoe" or "Rube Goldberg" into that. Especially if it's a power supply that isn't able to handle this well.

Example: Reversed HOT/NEUTRAL in power outlet -> Minor power supply behavior deviation for a specific brand power supply creating EMI or noisy power --> computer components or a wire gets noisy power or EMI (many ways this can happen) --> creates error correction events --> adds input lag somewhere (even when offline)

Sometimes it does not happen. Also, it may not be your problem, you may fix this and the computer doesn't improve.

But it's also a canary in coal mine of a very badly-wired electricity system. Your home may be hiding bigger problems with its electricity, so you might have only scratched the surface.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ax111

Post by ax111 » 18 Jan 2021, 15:25

From the looks of it, you have enough parts to build an entirely separate PC. Have you tried an entirely separate PC to see if it exhibits any of the same behavior?

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 18 Jan 2021, 15:36

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 14:33
inputlaghaver wrote:
Bought some outlet tester thingy to figure out if my grounding is fine and it's showing live/neutral reverse, did some research but i'm still unsure on what that means. As far as I understand the cables in the outlet are connected opposite as they should be?
Yes.

This is an easy fix, unless your outlet is very cluttered. Google "How to fix a reverse polarity outlet" -- example YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKz7Jv7zID4

Don't forget a flashlight and turning off the circuit breaker, very important, so you don't shock yourself or hurt yourself in dark. Disclaimer: We disclaim all responsibility....

If you cannot do it, or your government makes it illegal to fix yourself, hire an electrician.
inputlaghaver wrote:
If so is that something that could potentially cause weird stuff like inputlag?
Yes, it can "dominoe" or "Rube Goldberg" into that. Especially if it's a power supply that isn't able to handle this well.

Example: Reversed HOT/NEUTRAL in power outlet -> Minor power supply behavior deviation for a specific brand power supply creating EMI or noisy power --> computer components or a wire gets noisy power or EMI (many ways this can happen) --> creates error correction events --> adds input lag somewhere (even when offline)

Sometimes it does not happen. Also, it may not be your problem, you may fix this and the computer doesn't improve.

But it's also a canary in coal mine of a very badly-wired electricity system. Your home may be hiding bigger problems with its electricity, so you might have only scratched the surface.
No a reversed polarity outlet cannot cause input lag. Stop being dishonest. Don't believe me? Ask the experts: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/archive ... 12385.html

Anyway you are right, it is an easy fix and he would soon find out it is not the cause of the problems.

The cause of this stuff is far more complex than problems at the outlet or (in the home), proximity to high voltage lines, or some slightly noisy devices around you. No one wants to break out of the misinformation cycle its absurd. It is not a canary in a coal mine. If any of that could have caused it, the fix would have been easy and quick instead of people going in circles for years on this because they are not looking in the right place. Anyway I have made my case and you are all free to continue the cycle. Anyone that wants to break out of it can PM me. Seeya

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 19 Jan 2021, 02:08

ax111 wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 15:25
From the looks of it, you have enough parts to build an entirely separate PC. Have you tried an entirely separate PC to see if it exhibits any of the same behavior?
I got those parts lend, and after trying them I returned them

inputlaghaver

Post by inputlaghaver » 22 Jan 2021, 06:30

So I booted my pc from a ubuntu usb and the issue was still present which means I can rule out software/os related issues and fixes correct?
Could someone look at the list in my og post and confirm if I tried swapping out every pc part or if I missed something.
Brand and model wise my monitor should not be the issue considering it's working as intended, right?

Just trying to figure out if I missed something before I go down the emi/power route

dervu

Post by dervu » 22 Jan 2021, 08:14

inputlaghaver wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 06:30
So I booted my pc from a ubuntu usb and the issue was still present which means I can rule out software/os related issues and fixes correct?
Could someone look at the list in my og post and confirm if I tried swapping out every pc part or if I missed something.
Brand and model wise my monitor should not be the issue considering it's working as intended, right?

Just trying to figure out if I missed something before I go down the emi/power route

Check at different location, preferably further than a dozen km/mi.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

fatehasfans

Post by fatehasfans » 09 May 2022, 22:41

Did you find a solution? I'm still trawling the internet looking :( :oops: :cry:

3xil3

Post by 3xil3 » 10 May 2022, 14:50

Guy do this it actually seems to be working

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9995