Response time on Monitor

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Robis86

Response time on Monitor

Post by Robis86 » 07 Feb 2021, 17:35

Hello, so i have LG 144hz monitor and theres option called "Response time" where u can choose from FAST/Normal/Slow and Off there is also tip saying ( Modify response time of video output depending on the movement of the content. When there is alot motion, set it to Fast) also i think on Default it was set on "Fast". My question is which mode is best for Competitive gaming as im Pro CS:GO player. I want best option for input lag since every millisecond matters in pro matches. Also tested all modes, maybe placebo, but i feels that Off makes game choppy but faster, Fast makes game smoother but somewhat more input lag? Please help good people im confused :/

My monitor is LG24GM79G

TTT

Re: Response time on Monitor

Post by TTT » 16 Feb 2021, 17:29

Its the pixel response time for motion blur, the settings are the different overdrive settings. It isn't an input lag setting.

Whatever the default is usually the middle one and is generally the best to use. The lowest will make everything blur and the highest usually creates artifacts and trailing.

Test the different settings on this page and you''ll see the differences.
https://www.testufo.com/ghosting