Gaming performance deteriorates more and more

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
TTT

Re: Gaming performance deteriorates more and more

Post by TTT » 22 Feb 2021, 12:07

The best thing to do is record gameplay and also have Afterburner overlay with frametime/cpu/gpu/power etc.

deagleicious

Post by deagleicious » 22 Feb 2021, 14:40

TTT wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 12:07
The best thing to do is record gameplay and also have Afterburner overlay with frametime/cpu/gpu/power etc.
I'll test with the afterburner overlay when I'm home again. Maybe I'll try reinstalling windows again too. Hopefully it helps in some way

deagleicious

Post by deagleicious » 28 Feb 2021, 16:53

Update: installed the old mobo and cpu. (6700k, Z170A Gaming M7), applied my standard OC, loaded xmp and look at this. Everything feels normal again, apart from the (probably network related) rubberbanding-ish animations.

I'll have to run this again for a while to see if it's a permanent solution, however for the first 3 days I didn't get the weird unsmoothness(240hz feeling like 60 etc) so far. Aiming feels different too, I can fell my aim again. Really weird stuff.

I'm currently talking to my isp trying to find and resolve the issue, however I don't think they will be able to do much.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 02 Mar 2021, 12:18

Just a short update for everyone. @oldschool007 ordered a "leased line" and got it finally. sadly it doesnt take any single effect on the garbage gameplay. so for everyone who might think this will be the "solution" its not. dont order a "leased line" its just a waste of money. its btw the same guy from the O2 Thread

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 02 Mar 2021, 20:18

Unreazz wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 12:18
Just a short update for everyone. @oldschool007 ordered a "leased line" and got it finally. sadly it doesnt take any single effect on the garbage gameplay. so for everyone who might think this will be the "solution" its not. dont order a "leased line" its just a waste of money. its btw the same guy from the O2 Thread
Bummer. Looks like I was right.