Bad input lag/desync issue: Testing with AW2521H 360Hz monitor w/ Nvidia latency module

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Shade7

Re: Bad input lag/desync issue: Testing with AW2521H 360Hz monitor w/ Nvidia latency module

Post by Shade7 » 21 Feb 2023, 18:33

I'm surprised there weren't more responses/updates to this discussion.

The post suggesting to disable any kind of NIC processing might be on to something there. Playing Valorant after disabling some of the options mentioned definitely has improved the smoothness of my gameplay, and has helped minimize strange/unpredictable behavior I used to notice during gameplay. I wonder if there are other options in my NIC advanced settings that can be further tweaked to avoid running into this issue.

Kyouki

Re: Bad input lag/desync issue: Testing with AW2521H 360Hz monitor w/ Nvidia latency module

Post by Kyouki » 22 Feb 2023, 03:27

Shade7 wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 18:33
The post suggesting to disable any kind of NIC processing might be on to something there. Playing Valorant after disabling some of the options mentioned definitely has improved the smoothness of my gameplay, and has helped minimize strange/unpredictable behavior I used to notice during gameplay. I wonder if there are other options in my NIC advanced settings that can be further tweaked to avoid running into this issue.
Could you clarify this post? "disable any kind of NIC processing might be on to something there." - couldn't find the reference.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 26 Feb 2023, 20:59

Kyouki wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 03:27
Shade7 wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 18:33
Could you clarify this post? "disable any kind of NIC processing might be on to something there." - couldn't find the reference.
Haha, took me a second to find it again as well. It's the post by Spoidah (on 06 Mar 2021, 06:45) on Page 4 of the thread.

AudAmerica

Post by AudAmerica » 30 May 2023, 01:05

great idea! Looking forward to more updates

Kvoyn0v

Post by Kvoyn0v » 02 Jan 2024, 10:37

I think this is what we are all dealing with

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 02 Jan 2024, 10:57

spoidah wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 16:00
I've completely overhauled the first post. I am now quite sure about what is causing our issues, it is a very sophisticated problem with power that causes EMI and various other issues we've all assumed is the cause of our problems. The long and short of it is we are dealing with harmonics, but not the 'normal' kind.
Moving the thread to the appropriate section then.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.